Sneeze Fetish Forum

How to ask for permission to translate?

Yumestar

Hey there, 

hope somebody can help. I already contacted the stuff about it, but didn't get any reply yet. 

There is this beautiful sickfic:

I absolutely enjoyed reading it. The quality is super high and it's an amazing work. I would love to translate it into German to make it more accessible :) However, I can't find a way to contact the author and I most definitely don't want to go ahead and translate without permission. 

Does anyone have an idea how I can contact the author? Whenever I try to access their page, it says I don't have access. It's a bit frustrating. 

Or any other solutions?

You need to be validated before you can view profiles and send private messages to others, and it doesn't look like you've got a high enough post count to do that yet. 

16 minutes ago, Sneeze-aholic said:

You need to be validated before you can view profiles and send private messages to others, and it doesn't look like you've got a high enough post count to do that yet. 

Ah thanks! I'm gonna try to be a bit more active on this site! 

But is there maybe another quicker solution? 

The quicker solution would be just copy paste it,  translate it and read it. As long as it's for yourself only and you don't share it anywhere there shouldn't be any problem (not to mention nobody need to really know). 

But you can always edit this topic's title with the name of the author and hope he will answer someday. 

Hi Yumestar,

You can tag users by using the @ symbol followed by their name, like this: @Yumestar Then they will get a notification that they have been tagged in a post. You might try tagging the author in a reply here, but if they haven't been active in a while, there's no guarantee they will respond. But that's probably your best bet!

Also, just to note that per the rules the language of the forum is English and all posts, including stories, must be in English. So a story written in German would not be able to be posted here. Unfortunately we simply would not be able to plan for moderating in every possible language people might potentially post in, so English it is! Just wanted to point that out before you went through any trouble of translating an entire story into German! :)

17 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Hi Yumestar,

You can tag users by using the @ symbol followed by their name, like this: @Yumestar Then they will get a notification that they have been tagged in a post. You might try tagging the author in a reply here, but if they haven't been active in a while, there's no guarantee they will respond. But that's probably your best bet!

Also, just to note that per the rules the language of the forum is English and all posts, including stories, must be in English. So a story written in German would not be able to be posted here. Unfortunately we simply would not be able to plan for moderating in every possible language people might potentially post in, so English it is! Just wanted to point that out before you went through any trouble of translating an entire story into German! :)

Ah thank you! @SleepingPhlox This is a great idea! 

I'm planning on publishing it on Fanfiktion.de and ArchiveOfOurOwn anyways :)

@Shamaël Hey, it would be nice if you could reach out to me somehow :) Just make yourself known, that would be cool ^-^