Sneeze Fetish Forum

I think my stories are missing.

Light

I went back to read one of my old stories, it’s been a good number of years since I wrote it, but I can’t find it on the forum. 

The Story was call “The Legend of the Sneezcubus.” Or some close to that. 

It was posted in multiple parts and then as one big story later.

I’ve tried multiple searches for key words and looked back over my history but it seems to be gone. 

Does this happen if something is too old? Can it be restored or is it gone for ever? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Light said:

I went back to read one of my old stories, it’s been a good number of years since I wrote it, but I can’t find it on the forum. 

The Story was call “The Legend of the Sneezcubus.” Or some close to that. 

It was posted in multiple parts and then as one big story later.

I’ve tried multiple searches for key words and looked back over my history but it seems to be gone. 

Does this happen if something is too old? Can it be restored or is it gone for ever? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

It's still there :)

Anything that hasn't been replied to for a while (4/5 years from memory) gets Archived - so it still exists, but won't show up in Search.

- Mr_G

Thank you. That is a relief.

What it the best method to "search" for them if they are archived? 

Try using Google, specifying that you only want to search this website.

If your story has a character called Bobby Basketball, type this into Google:

site:sneezefetishforum.com "Bobby Basketball"

I tried this just now with the first story I ever wrote for the forum (I still just about remember it). The forum search didn't find it, but Google did!

Please note - if your story has been archived, it cannot be replied to any more.

16 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Try using Google, specifying that you only want to search this website.

Will this work if the story was originally posted in a members-only section, though? Like, if the story someone was looking for was originally posted in the Adult section.

(Can you tell I feel like I’m missing stories I’ve read here?)

2 minutes ago, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

Will this work if the story was originally posted in a members-only section, though? Like, if the story someone was looking for was originally posted in the Adult section.

Ahh... I didn't think of that. No, it probably won't. :(

I have a confession - I have also recently looked for another very old story of mine posted in the Adult section. I used the Google method and I couldn't find that one.

I assumed it had been deleted at some point for whatever reason. But I suspect you're right, and a members-only board like that is not available to Google search.

20 hours ago, Light said:

Thank you. That is a relief.

What it the best method to "search" for them if they are archived? 

Top Menu -> Activity -> My Activity Streams ->Content I started.

48 minutes ago, Mr_G said:

Top Menu -> Activity -> My Activity Streams ->Content I started.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this option was there! 😅

But I'm afraid it doesn't solve the problem completely - I tried this and the oldest post I see is from July 2020. So it won't help find really old posts.

Edited by Heathcliff
2 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this option was there! 😅

But I'm afraid it doesn't solve the problem completely - I tried this and the oldest post I see is from July 2020. So it won't help find really old posts.

This might though...

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 23.53.04.png

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 23.53.36.png

1 hour ago, Mr_G said:

This might though...

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 23.53.04.png

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 23.53.36.png

Sorry, where is this bit? I’m not seeing it anywhere.

On 7/13/2024 at 1:16 AM, Mr_G said:

Anything that hasn't been replied to for a while (4/5 years from memory) gets Archived - so it still exists, but won't show up in Search.

I have to say this is an annoying feature to have. This is the only forum where I've ran into this and it's ridiculous we need to use google to search within the forum instead of being able to rely on the forum's own search function...

2 hours ago, Sitruuna said:

I have to say this is an annoying feature to have. This is the only forum where I've ran into this and it's ridiculous we need to use google to search within the forum instead of being able to rely on the forum's own search function...

It's not uncommon for BBSs to archive older messages. Searching is system-intensive, and the more material it has to search through the more horsepower it uses.

13 hours ago, webmeistro said:

It's not uncommon for BBSs to archive older messages. Searching is system-intensive, and the more material it has to search through the more horsepower it uses.

And yet this is not an issue in plenty of forums. My main complaint is that this is a forum where people post stories and art and these are things others will likely want to revisit later, or discover long after they've initially been posted but as it is the only way to do that is to manually browse through the correct subforums.

12 hours ago, Sitruuna said:

And yet this is not an issue in plenty of forums. My main complaint is that this is a forum where people post stories and art and these are things others will likely want to revisit later, or discover long after they've initially been posted but as it is the only way to do that is to manually browse through the correct subforums.

This is a valid point. However, remember that most forums are either sponsored by a company, or by the users. This site is paid for entirely by one guy, so it's not unreasonable to keep the hosting costs down.

On an unrelated note... no wait it is related. If anyone wants to help out with the hosting costs of the forum, donations are welcome. http://PayPal.me/atomicgnome

On another note which is related to those two notes, I write incredibly awesome stories  for people who donate!

Edited by webmeistro

I've disabled archiving now - anything that was archived should magically re-appear.

10 hours ago, Mr_G said:

I've disabled archiving now - anything that was archived should magically re-appear.

OMG!!! :bounce: I found the fic I’d been looking for like a year!!!

Thank you, @Mr_G (and whoever else was part of the decision to turn off archive)!!!

13 hours ago, Mr_G said:

much obliged 😌