Sneeze Fetish Forum

It's voting time in the UK - with photo ID! (July 4th)

Heathcliff

Well, here we are - Thursday July 4th is the general election in the UK!

If you're a UK forum member, please do get out to vote tomorrow if you can - it's your democratic right and it's important.

Remember you will need photo ID to vote in this election (e.g. passport or driving license).

------

This post isn't supposed to be preachy, or to start a political discussion. It's just to encourage people to go out and make your voice heard - whoever you want to vote for.

Thanks for reading.

Good call - I'm in the UK and will be voting, for sure! 👍

I'm not gonna get political but I will definitely be voting (the tories out)

:zippy:

I participate in a citizen science project to do with water pollution and what has happen to our rivers and seas during the last 6 or 7 years is totally horrific  All this whilst the shareholders are making Billions and most  of them don't even live here !! (uk)   All this has happened under the Tories watch. Vote them out?? Hang the fuckers I say

Posted (edited)

I know people feel very strongly (and I understand why), but please no violent language towards politicians in this thread.

I wanted this thread to stay in Off-Topic and be a positive "Let's go and vote" thread. Perhaps that was a bit naive of me, because I suspect staff will have to move it to the Snake Pit if we have more comments like the last sentence above.

Thanks.

Edited by Heathcliff
3 hours ago, haymaker said:

I participate in a citizen science project to do with water pollution and what has happen to our rivers and seas during the last 6 or 7 years is totally horrific  All this whilst the shareholders are making Billions and most  of them don't even live here !! (uk)   All this has happened under the Tories watch. Vote them out?? Hang the fuckers I say

We have two men here in U.S. running for President, one a criminal, both need to hang up their hats (in my opinion) and someone YOUNGER needs to lead our country back to greatness. I'm not saying older people shouldn't run for higher office but just watching these two is a sad sight. One stumbles and one lies. The devil has possessed both. That's all for now.

Good luck in the U.K. By the way what are Tories?

I've just voted (in the UK General Election). It was a pleasant surprise to find that one of the officials at the polling station was a woman I've seen, on several occasions, using handkerchiefs. Variously, on the train, I've seen her flourish pleasantly clean white handkerchiefs and blow forcefully and messily into them. No such happening in the polling station today whilst I was there, unfortunately, but I'm confident that she'll have a handkerchief or two about her ... she'll be on duty for several hours!!

Happy Voting Day across The Pond and safe July 4th in the U.S. 

29 minutes ago, kathleenh4656 said:

Happy Voting Day across The Pond and safe July 4th in the U.S. 

Happy July 4th 🥳

Just got back from the polling station - democratic right unlocked :D Seriously though, all those eligible to vote please get out and do it if you can - still over two hours left!

4 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Happy July 4th 🥳

Thank you Heathcliff.

14 hours ago, launderedlace said:

It was a pleasant surprise to find that one of the officials at the polling station was a woman I've seen, on several occasions, using handkerchiefs.

Well done @launderedlace on managing to combine voting with a fetish-related observation! 😂

5 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Well done @launderedlace on managing to combine voting with a fetish-related observation! 😂

Thank you @Heathcliff although, strictly speaking, I think it was a non-observation! Perhaps, now that nearly all the results have been declared, there have been many tears of both joy and disappointment to wipe away

9 hours ago, launderedlace said:

Perhaps, now that nearly all the results have been declared, there have been many tears of both joy and disappointment to wipe away

Very true.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:48 AM, kathleenh4656 said:

We have two men here in U.S. running for President, one a criminal, both need to hang up their hats (in my opinion) and someone YOUNGER needs to lead our country back to greatness. I'm not saying older people shouldn't run for higher office but just watching these two is a sad sight. One stumbles and one lies. The devil has possessed both. That's all for now.

Can't do anything but totally agree with all you've said Kathleen!

For the most powerful Country in the World this looks like a shambles.... and I've got a good reason to be concerned; I may well to going there to live... at least for a Year or two.

What are Tories? Conservatives, politically on the right.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:48 AM, kathleenh4656 said:

This is Tories

Well we have at least one here as well, and they could be related😃

FB_IMG_1717543399196.jpg

Just now, kathleenh4656 said:

Well we have at least one here as well, and they look like they could be related😃

FB_IMG_1717543399196.jpg

Unfortunately our election in November will be nothing to 🤧at either.