Sneeze Fetish Forum

You’re Making Me Tired Just Watching You (Umbrella Academy, Klaus)

Wolfwings22

I have recently have gotten into the Umbrella Academy and have been trying to write some fics because that’s what I do when I get into a new show. I’m still working on the correct characterization for the characters that I have written, but I thought I would start to post somethings here just in case anyone was interested in reading it. I hope you all enjoy!

Fevers make Character B hyper, so Character A gently traps them on their lap and hushes them until they fall asleep, back pressed to Character A’s chest or Klaus is sick and Dave is trying anything in his power to get his boyfriend to rest.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Dave stifled a groan and tipped his head back against the arm rest of the couch, setting the heavy law book that he had been reading on his desk, finger threaded between the pages to mark his place.

“Honey, are you sure that you wouldn’t feel better laying down,” he asked for probably the fifth time that evening.

A series of wet sniffles was the only response that he was given. The footsteps didn’t falter or stop, merely seemed to quicken in intensity. They echoed down the hallway to the bedroom before coming up past the kitchen and finally in the living room. They would then backtrack and do it all over again.

“Klaus, you’re making me tired just listening to you. Why don’t you come and sit over here and we can watch a movie or something?”

Instead of answering verbally, Klaus momentarily paused from his pacing and sneezed four time into his elbow. He resumed his pacing a moment later, the sound of sniffling once again filling Dave’s ears.

Klaus had come down sick a couple days prior after he and Dave had gotten back from visiting Dave’s family in Michigan. At first he had assumed it was just jet lag from the flight, but when he woke up with a stuffy nose and a wet cough, both he and Dave knew the unfortunate truth. Dave had went into caretaker mode while Klaus took on the role as the world’s worst patient. He may not have been doing it intentionally, but he was still making things all the more difficult for Dave to care for him and to eventually get better. Dave wasn’t complaining or anything. He knew how Klaus was and that didn’t exactly surprise him, but it didn’t mean that it wasn’t a challenge all the way around.

“Oh, dear.” Dave hurried to close his text book and rose to his feet, grasping the bottom of his sweater and pulling downward so it didn’t bunch up. He briskly headed over to Klaus, stopping momentarily to grab a handful of tissues on his way. Klaus may not know that he needed them, but Dave certainly did and he wasn’t about to let Klaus continue on this pacing if he could help it.

Klaus tried to keep pacing even when Dave abruptly stood in his path. Dave then reached out and took Klaus’s arm with his own, pulling him around and tugging him toward the couch.

“Okay, you’re making me tired just watching you. How are you still even upright,” Dave muttered as he forced Klaus to sit down on the couch while he plopped down beside him. The tissues were still in his opposite hand and he handed them over to Klaus.

He was more than relieved when Klaus actually grabbed a couple to rub it against his nose. It would’ve been best if he would’ve blown his nose instead, but Dave wasn’t about to be entirely picky when it was clear that his boyfriend was struggling enough as it was. He had seen Klaus hyper before when his thoughts had raced and he had wanted to do a million things at once. This was completely different and Dave struggled to combat it in the most creative of ways. Klaus was no less stubborn in this palace and he rarely did anything just because it was ‘good for him’.

Klaus made a move to jump up from the couch to no doubt engage in even more pacing. He only made it halfway when Dave grasped his arms around his boyfriend’s waist and tugged him back, effectively pulling him onto his lap with their legs tangled so that he couldn’t make the great escape no matter how hard he tried.

“Alright, alright, we are going to stay right here together, alright,” Dave murmured softly into Klaus’s neck. His scent was musky and he was in desperate need of a shower, yet he still smelled sweet to Dave. He would savor every scent, every moment that he had with Klaus.

Klaus let out a few almost halfhearted coughs directed toward a raised arm, at least it would’ve been if he had actually raised his elbow. Dave didn’t count it against him even a little as he rubbed the small of his back until he was able to regain his breath.

Klaus suddenly let out a low moan and flung his head back, narrowly missing colliding his skull with Dave’s nose in the process. Dave was able to turn away just in time so that Klaus leaned back with his chest on his chest and shoulder instead of smashed against his face.

“Dave,” Klaus moaned.

“I know, sweetheart. Being sick sucks no matter how you look at it.” Dave raised a free hand brushed his fingers back against Klaus’s sweaty hair. His palm rested momentarily on Klaus’s forehead where he felt the heat that was no doubt burning right under his skin. “Does your body hurt? Muscles or anything?”

“Everything hurts.”

Dave fought the impulse not to laugh or roll his eyes. Leave it to Klaus to be dramatic no matter what.

“Think you’re about due for some more Tylenol. That might help on all fronts really.” Dave wasn’t quite expecting a response from Klaus, and he didn’t receive one.

Dave patted Klaus’s shoulder before helping him sit down on the space beside him on the couch. Dave rose to his feet and fixed Klaus with a stern look. “Stay right here. Are you listening to me?”

Klaus nodded his head almost absentmindedly, eyes misty.

That was as much of an answer as Dave was going to get, and he didn’t hesitate to head into the kitchen and to the medicine cabinet, which was at the far left hand side of the kitchen, almost by the door. It was fully stocked with every type of medicine that someone could possibly ask for. Dave had made sure to keep it stocked while Klaus had been less than concerned about it. Now, though was one time that Klaus would’ve admitted that Dave’s sometimes overzealous approach at keeping things stocked was to his advantage.

Dave was just about to reach for the cabinet when he heard a husky cough from behind him.

Spinning around, he found Klaus standing behind, still coughing into his shoulder. Strain shown on his face when he surfaced from the fit, tears collecting on his eyelashes from the force of it.

“I told you to stay put,” Dave pointed out exasperated.

Klaus sniffed hard. “You did?”

There was no point in arguing, so Dave allowed Klaus to shuffle closer to him and share his warmth. Although Klaus’s fever was burning under his skin, he was still chilled and Dave always ran warm. It reminded him of his brother, Diego, who he had hadn’t seen in such a long time. Just thinking about him had Klaus leaning even more into Dave with a long whimper.

Dave allowed him to as he reached into the medicine cabinet and pulled out a bottle of Tylenol and the blister pack of DayQuil. He was tempted to give Klaus NyQuil, but it would be his luck that Klaus would sleep throughout the day and be up all night. They had done that the night before and Dave wouldn’t preferred not to have a repeat of that.

“Okay, I’m going to get you some orange juice and you can take these.” Dave held up the blister pack as well as two Tylenol pills. “You could use some Vitamin C and it may help your sore throat.”

At the mention of it, Klaus swallowed hard and noticed how sore his throat really was. It was frustrating, no doubt about that, but Dave would make it better. Dave made everything better.

Once Dave filled up a large glass of orange juice almost to the rim, he carried it back over to Klaus and set it on the counter in front of him. “I want you to drink all of that if you can. I want to keep you hydrated.”

Klaus reluctantly took the glass after taking the handful of pills and setting them on the back of his tongue. He swallowed them down without struggle, though the liquid on his throat burned more than he expected it to. Still, he did his best to swallow everything down and leave only a small collection of pulp at the bottom of the glass.

Dave took it from Klaus and carried it to the sink to be washed later. He returned and took Klaus’s hand to lead him back into the living room.

“Still want to watch a movie? I’ll let you pick,” Dave suggested sweetly, planting a kiss on Klaus’s temple.

Klaus turned away to cough, phlegm jumping in the back of his throat. He forced to swallow it down, not wanting to be any grosser in front of Dave than he had to be.

Dave led him back over to the couch and the two slumped down with Dave throwing a blanket over the both of them. Part of the reason was to keep Klaus warm, but the other reason was to also make sure that he wasn’t going to jump up and start pacing again. What Klaus needed was rest and not anything that would cause his temperature to spike and make his recovery take even longer than it had before.

“Do you want to pick what we watch,” Dave answered, waving the remote in front of Klaus’s face.

Klaus reached out to take it, but Dave instinctively pulled it away, a gleam of mischief on his face. It took a few more unsuccessful grabs before Klaus was able to take the remote from Dave’s hands and hug it against his chest. Dave couldn’t help but chuckle as he watched, especially when Klaus stuck his tongue out at him as a result.

The two surfed the numerous streaming services that they had before finally deciding on a new movie on Netflix that was some sort of holiday comedy. Dave wasn’t that fond of comedies most of the time, but Klaus refused to watch anything too serious since he said that their lives were too serious and he didn’t want anything that reminded him too much of real life. Dave respected that and would watch his more serious dramas alone.

Dave made sure that Klaus had the tissue box at his disposable, though he hardly thought that Klaus would actually use it. He allowed Klaus to snuggle closely towards him with Dave still laying one leg over Klaus’s lower half to keep him secure against the couch.

Dave did his best to pay attention to the movie, even if his mind was more on his finals that were coming up than it was on the movie. He had a chance to truly ace his exams, which would look great to step into next semester with. But, that wouldn’t happen if he didn’t get some real studying done. He didn’t blame Klaus for coming down ill and for him taking care of him. Though, he was going to have to carve out some real time for studying and soon if he wanted to pass or even do well.

“M’sorry,” Klaus mumbled suddenly, voice delving into the depths of stuffiness.

Dave’s blinked his eyes deliberately and looked down at the black curls under him. “Sorry for what, sweetheart?”

“That you have to take care of me. I know you have important tests coming up.”

Dave tsked momentarily before giving Klaus a tight squeeze. “You have nothing to apologize for. I know that you would do the same for me without hesitation. Besides, I like taking care of you. When else are we able to lounge all day in our pajamas and watch movies?”

That was true. They were both very busy in college and even downtime was usually spent talking about school or chilling in the library while one of them was studying or doing homework. It sucked that it took one of them being sick for them to have some downtime to spend together and Dave wanted to make it a point to do these enjoyable things more often.

“Try to get some rest,” Dave continued. “And when I inevitably catch this from you, well then you can return the favor. Sound fair?”

Klaus hummed in affirmation, drowsiness already setting in. “Sounds like a deal to me.”

Dave snuggled back down with Klaus at his side and the two spent the rest of the day watching movies and enjoying each other’s company.

The End