Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fever, as expected. (MCU Thor; sick Loki ficlet)

doggo

Ok, I don't really write fanfics as I suck at them, but. I just needed this sort of silly fluff now.

--

“Just look what you have done!” Loki exclaimed in anger.

Thor inspected his shoulders and arms, his brother’s wrists still firmly clasped in his hands. Some specs of saliva on his clothes but nothing more. Thor shrugged. “It wouldn’t have came down to this if you would have just let me try your forehead instead of squirming and fighting back.”

Thor’s nonchalant tone only served to wind up Loki further. “You fool! Now you have my gerh… gehh...”

For the second sneeze Loki managed to wiggle an arm free to cover his mouth, bending down with a loud HUSSsh-CHEW! that drew some rattling coughs from his chest in its wake, followed by an exasperated moan.

“Don’t tell me that didn’t hurt. Bless you, brother. You really are quite sick.”

Loki pressed the back of his hand against his nose and sniffled thickly. “I was saying, you have by gerbs all over you dow.”

Thor let his brother’s other hand free. “You should wipe your nose, it’s quite unsightly.”

Loki blushed all the way up to his earlobes. “And whose fault is that,” he hissed, turning away and burying his face in a sizable handkerchief. He gave his nose a considerably long, gurgling blow that made Thor grimace with pity and disgust, and continued with a voice that was still as stuffy as it was indignant: “It wasn’t in my plans to get you sick too, you thoughtless brute.”

“Oh don’t you worry little brother, I won’t get sick that easily as I’m strong like that.” For extra assurance, Thor slapped his brother in the back with enough force to make him cough some more.

Thor furrowed his brow. “Could you just… go to bed? Catch some sleep? I worry.”

Loki raked his hair with his fingers. “Let’s say I do just that. If nothing else, just to” - he waved his finger in the air - “to stop this thing going on here.”

“What thing? I’m afraid I don’t understand.”

“This you-acting-like-a-caring-big-brother-charade-thing.”

Thor pursed his lips ready to protest, but another look at Loki’s flushed cheeks and heaving chest made him give it a pass. “That is satisfactory, I will leave you be. For now. I will come and check on you later, there are some affairs I need to attend to first.”

Already on his way to bed, Loki shrugged his shoulders. “Whatever suits you, brother. Just leave.”

It was well over past midnight when Thor silently pushed the door open. It was dark except for lamp on the reading desk, that one which never went out. Good. He grabbed it and walked to the bed. Loki seemed to be quite peacefully asleep, huddled under blankets, even more pale than usual except for the worrisome red glow on his cheeks. There was a wet spot under his handkerchief-chafed nose, extending precariously close to his parted lips on the left side. Goodness gracious he looked pitiful. Well at least he was getting sleep – unless he was just pretending to be asleep to get his nosy big brother off his hair; it was frankly impossible to tell.

Thor placed the lamp on the nightstand and lay the back of his hand onto his brother’s forehead, the pleasant coolness of it making Loki gasp slightly. Fever, as expected. Thor sighed and tried both of his cheeks as well, one by one. This kind of dry heat, the fever was on the rise now, time would tell where it peaked. Loki had opened his eyes, but wouldn’t look at him. Thor left his hand to rest against Loki’s jaw, cupping it gently. “Just… how did you get yourself this sick again?” His voice, nearly a whisper, was heavy with worry, soft and coarse and warm like the winter fur of a bear. “You should be more careful. I don’t like seeing you like this, at all.”

“Then don’t look.” Loki turned away, slapping his brother’s hand away with a shaky gesture.

Thor grabbed his shoulder. “No no no, I didn’t mean it like that, I just want to...”

Loki sat up. “Wait,” he croaked, lifting up a finger. He bent forward slowly, patting the bed in blind search for his handkerchief. Realizing what he was looking for, Thor picked up the soggy piece of linen and put it in Loki’s hand, just in time for a wet, surprisingly loud sneeze. “Hehh… HUSSS-CHEAHH!” The sneeze was followed by deepening coughs that shook his whole frame. “Huhh.. hu-- HESSSSCHOAHH!” Loki kept coughing into his handkerchief, seemingly unable to stop, a lone tear running down his cheek. Thor took a look around. Good, a pitcher of water, just there on the night stand.

“Here, drink.” Thor was hesitant to let go of the glass, but after a couple of gulps the cough subsided, and Loki could finally blow his heavily streaming nose.  “I need to get you fresh handkerchiefs, that one is disgusting.

Loki leaned his forehead against the palm of his hand and let out a resigned groan. “I know. I am disgusting.”

“Nahh… no, you’re not.” Thor gathered his brother into his arms and sighed heavily again. “But you do have an awful cold.”

“You will soon have it too if you won’t keep your distance.”

Thor was stroking Loki's dark, unruly curls with his fingers. “Just worry about yourself, sickie.” He was so careful with his hands, like he was almost afraid that they were too big and clumsy to handle something so frail and precious.

“Ughh... let me go, I’m not a child anymore,” Loki slurred, making absolutely no effort to break free of the embrace – if anything, he was burrowing his congested, fever-warm head even deeper into the safe nook of his brother’s neck. A shiver ran through him.

“You’re my sick little brother, and I will not let you go.” Thor lowered himself on the bed and reached for a blanket, pulling it all the way up to Loki's ears. “At least not before you’re well enough to fight me for it.”

“I will fight you… “

“I’m positive you will. Just get a bit of sleep first.”

Edited by doggo
7 hours ago, sneezy_frnk said:

AAAAHHHHHH MY SWEET BABYYYYYYY 😭😭😭😭💕💕💕

Talk about it!! :bawl: I can't understand how is it even possible to create a character who draws out every drop of maternal instinct I have. :lol:

On 10/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, Hellbent for Feather said:

Everything about this is perfect.

Thank you! ❤️ I did have very good time writing it. :D

• 4 years later...

Aaa brotherly love. So cute!!! I love this very much. I also love how Thor calls Loki "sickie". It's just sweet.