Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Goes Around, Comes Around (Stranger Things, Steve/Robin)

ToastedBagel

Hello! 

I just recently finished Stranger Things 3, and I have been shipping Steve and Robin religiously lately, so why not write a sneezefic about it?? 😋

So this story does take place in season 3, but I wouldn't say it really has spoilers in it, but if you have not watched all of stranger things, I would not read this just in case. I also want to make mention that this also takes place after high school, when Steve and Robin are working at Scoops Ahoy, obviously.

I wanted to originally make Steve completely in denial about being sick, but I decided to go half and half, where he doesn't completely hide it but he still thinks that he's stronger than it. Sneezy Steve is.. 😍 I can't put it into words.

I'm sorry for the lack of sneezes in this part, I have big plans for the next part. I hope you guys enjoy!!

Robin stared down at her watch. 2 o’clock. Steve was never late for work, even by a minute, but somehow, he managed to fail this particular day. It had been super slow at Scoops Ahoy, and Robin felt like she had been sitting all day twiddling her thumbs, aside from Lucas’s sister, who demanded she try every single ice cream they had to offer.

Robin was starting to get hungry. Usually, Steve would take over her shift during her lunch time, but since there was no Steve, she decided to grab the sandwich out of her lunch bag and eat in the doorway, in case anyone came around for ice cream. As soon as she had swallowed her first bite, Steve slowly sulked into the employee lounge from the back door. She turned around, still in the doorway, and took another bite of her sandwich.

“Nice of you to show up,” she mumbled, lettuce hanging from her lip.

Steve groggily looked up at her and gave her a death stare as he was putting his belongings into his locker. Robin noticed how tired and miserable he looked. His cheeks and nose were bright red, and he seemed like he had been bawling over some stupid chick flick that he swore he would never watch. Robin’s pitch changed when she spoke to him next.

“Are you okay?” She asked, concerned, “You look rough.”

Steve ran his fingers through his unkempt hair and sighed heavily. “I’ve been better.” His voice cracked as he spoke.

“Should you even be here serving people food with a cold like that?”

“I’m fine, really,” he said, throwing his hat on, hoping that it would hide the fact that he had just rolled out of bed. “I just need to get up and get moving a bit, and I’ll feel better.”

Robin eyed him as he weakly tried to make his way to the front of the store.

“Steve, you should really go home and lie down. You look like you’re about to pass out.” Robin beckoned. Steve had stopped just outside the doorway of the lounge. There was a tickle that was forming in the back of his sinuses, and it was spreading fast. Steve tilted his head back for a moment, his eyes fluttering shut.

“Bless you,” Robin smirked.

Steve brought his arm up to cover his sneeze, attempting to stifle the best he could, but failed miserably.

Heh-Hesctxtcheww

He glanced over his shoulder and noticed two pretty girls backing away from the counter. Steve didn’t blame them for not wanting to stay, after what they had just witnessed. Maybe he was sicker than he thought.

“Look! You’re scaring the customers away with your snot!” she pointed, as if he hadn’t already noticed.

Steve was too tired to argue with what Robin was saying, after all, it was true. He wasn’t denying that he had caught something, He thought that with a little walking around and some vitamin C, that he could push through it, but the brown-haired girl in front of him clearly wasn’t going to let him. Steve glanced back up at Robin, who was now crossing her arms. All he could do was let out a sigh as he watched her gather his things and motion for him to go home.

“I’m fine here. Please go get some rest,” she said somberly, rubbing his back as he headed out the door, into the parking lot. “If you want, I can bring some ice cream back and a movie when I’m done with my shift.”

He smiled at the invitation, nodding his head. He didn’t have the energy to speak at this point. He watched as Robin strolled back to the front of the store, where she cheerfully greeted some children at the counter.

Steve jumped awake from the couch at the sound of the doorbell. He reluctantly sat himself up, being careful not to move too quickly. His head was already pounding, and every bone in his body ached. He made his way to the front door. He was so weak, it felt like he was lifting two tons just to get the door open.

“Hi,” he said hoarsely. “Come in.”

Robin made her way into the kitchen to set down the ice cream she had promised Steve earlier.

“Are you feeling any better?”

At this point, Steve was already slumped back down on the couch, with a knit blanket wrapped around his whole body.

“Not really,” he sighed. “I’m freezing though.”

“Sounds like you’ve got a fever to me. Does your mom keep a thermometer anywhere?” she asked.

“If you head down the hall, there’s a door on your right. That’s the bathroom. There should be one above the sink in the medicine cabinet.” Steve’s voice was almost gone.

As Robin went to search for the thermometer, Steve felt that familiar tickle in the back of his nose. He tried to fight it off, as sneezing would just make his body hurt more. He had already sneezed enough after getting back home from his work, but the sensation was way too strong for him to even attempt it. His body lunged forward as he sneezed into cupped hands.

Heesscsheww!!

“Bless you!” Robin yelled from the bathroom. Just as she was rounding the corner back into the living room, Steve sneezed again.

Heh-he-hehschhheww!!

He groaned as he rested his body back down on the couch. “Bless you, again.”

“If you’re planning on blessing me every time I sneeze, you’re in for a ride. I swear I’ve sneezed about a thousand times since I’ve been home,” he coughed weakly.

“I don’t mind,” Robin said sweetly, looking into the dark-haired man’s hazel eyes. She had never paid attention to the color of Steve’s eyes before but for some reason, they caught her off guard this time.

“Here.” Realizing that she had been staring at him for probably way too long, she shyly pulled out the thermometer and handed it to Steve, breaking the awkward silence between them. “I also found this. I figured it would help with your congestion.” She pulled out some nasal spray.

“What the hell is that?” Steve mumbled, the thermometer still sticking out of his mouth.

“Don’t talk with that in your mouth.”

“Yeah yeah,” Steve rolled his eyes.

“Talk one more time and I’m going to take that thing and use it a place where you don’t want it to be used,” Robin said, sternly.

Steve’s eyes widened as he realized what Robin was talking about. He figured he should probably listen to her, knowing that she was more than capable of keeping that promise.

Robin giggled at Steve’s dramatic response as she took the thermometer out of his mouth. Her smile turned into concern when she read the temperature.

“103.4,” she glanced up at Steve. “This is more than just a cold. Steve. We need to get that down, that’s pretty high.”

Steve flung his head back onto the back of the couch, groaning at the news. He instantly regret doing such task so violently and let out a second groan. Robin picked herself up off the edge of the chair she was sitting on and stepped back towards the bathroom in search of what Steve could only hope for. Flu medicine.

Oh yes!! This site always needs more stranger things content, and this is beautifully written!

Hey! I know it’s literally right after I posted the first part, but I already had the second part written, I just wanted to split it into two so it wasn’t too long. 

Also, I’m sorry if the font is different. I’m uploaded this second part from a mobile format instead of my computer. I can possibly edit it and fix it tomorrow if the font/sizing is too off  

I have ideas in my head for the next part but I’m not sure what exactly it will be or how long this story will be. Maybe I’ll throw in a sick Robin as well 🙃

Anyways, enjoy!

Steve was relieved when Robin came back with NyQuil in her hands. He was hoping he could down and sleep this crud off as quickly as possible. He watched as Robin poured the shiny red liquid into the cup and handed it to him to drink. After taking what was in the plastic cup, Steve noticed the nasal spray sitting on the table next to him. 

“How do you even use this stuff?” He asked, grabbing the bottle. 

Robin let out a chuckle. 

“So you shove the tip up your nostril and then squeeze the bottle, and it will shoot saline spray into your sinuses. It’s suppose to clear out all the mucus and help you breath better. 

Steve slowly places the tip into his left nostril, where he had felt the most stuffy, and gave it a squeeze. 

He immediately jerked, taken aback by the force of the spray. He let out a couple coughs as it ran down the back of his throat. 

“Oh my god,” he squeaked, rubbing his delicate, raw nose. 

Robin burst out into laughter beside him, feeling a little guilty that she found his suffering the slightest bit funny. 

“You did- hehe didn’t tell me it was t-that strong!” 

Steve’s breath began to hitch, and he could feel his nostrils flaring uncontrollably from the foreign substance that he just sent shooting into his nose. He would have guessed that this stuff wouldn’t have bothered him normally, but his nose was more sensitive and tickly than usual. Knowing what was about to come was inevitable, he prepared himself. 

Hescheshewww!! Heh-heshsshewww!!

He brought the sleeve of his sweatshirt up to his nose in a desperate attempt to catch his wet sneezes. 

“H-holy shit,” he breathed in between sneezes. 

Heesxxht! Heschehewww!! HESCHSHEWW!!

Robin couldn’t help but be amused. Even when Steve was under the weather, he was still Steve. Funny, delightful, adorable Steve. 

“Are you done?” She smirked. 

Steve held up a finger, signaling that there was more. He let out a couple more wet, congested sneezes into his sweatshirt.

Hesschcheww!! Hescchescheww!!

The only thing that really did for him was remind him of how bad his body and head hurt. He leaned down and ran his hands through his brunette hair. 

Robin inched closer to him, running small circles on his back. 

“Seriously though, are you okay?” 

“Yeah,” he said, speaking through his hands. 

“Hey why don’t we sit back and watch that movie. Get your mind off of all of this.” robin suggested, shifting her hand from his back to his bicep. 

“Okay,” he said quietly, almost a whisper. He let Robin help him lean back towards the couch. He closed his eyes for a second, trying to relieve some of the pressure in his head. He really hoped the NyQuil would kick in soon. 

As soon as Robin was done getting the movie set up, she came and sat down next to him. She leaned the recliner back just a slight bit in an effort to make the both of them, especially Steve, as comfortable as possible. Within ten minutes of the movie starting, Steve felt the medicine finally work through his system. He was a little less of shivery mess and he could feel the NyQuil making him very drowsy and tired. 

Steve started to nod off, leaning closer and closer to Robin, not being fully conscious of what was actually happening. They were reclined just enough that he could gently lie his head on Robin’s chest. He curled into a ball under his blanket. He could feel Robin lie her hand on his head, softly stroking his hair.  Before he knew it, he was out. 

Robin chuckled softly to herself, enjoying the extra warmth of Steve’s body. His hair was soft and shiny and she could just barely hear him snore every so slightly. She sighed and leaned her head down a bit, resting her cheek next to Steve’s head. 

The last thing she remembered was feeling his hand brush up against hers in his sleep, before drifting off the sleep herself. 

Guess who's back with another update! I had so much fun writing this part, making Steve so desperate.

Steve sleepily opened his eyes, only to be blinded by the static on the tv, indicating the movie was over. He wasn’t sure what time it was, but he could make an educated guess based on how dark it still was outside. He lifted his head and shifted his gaze towards Robin, who was calmly sleeping in the same position she fell asleep in earlier when they had started the movie. Steve carefully sat up, careful not to wake her. His stomach growled, reminding him that he had never actually eaten dinner last night. He forcefully willed himself into the kitchen and opened the fridge in search for something to eat. His eyes focused on the bag that Robin had brought last night, sitting on the middle shelf. He reached into the bag and pulled out a plastic Tupperware container that read Chicken Noodle Soup.

“Awe, Robin, you really didn’t have to...” Steve whispered to himself, glancing back through the doorway at Robin, who had turned to her side.

He was tempted to just pop the container in the microwave, but fearing that it would cause Robin to wake, he pulled out a pot and decided to heat it up on the stove instead. It was a little less noisy.

Just as he had finished dumping the soup into the pot, his nose began to itch. He tried his best to ignore it has he rifled through one of the kitchen drawers to find a spoon to stir the soup. He finally lost the battle and let out a half-stifled sneeze into the crook of his arm.

Hectcxxtsheww!!

“Oh not t-this again!” Steve complained, knowing there were more coming and silently praying that they would just go away.

Heexxctxh!! Heh-heshcschheww!!

He turned back to the stove to see the soup boiling over. Panicked, he tried to remove the pot from the burner, sneezing in between attempts.

Hehsschheww!! “S-shit-” Hescchsheww!!

Another sneeze cut him off. Steve finally managed to stop the soup from boiling over any more than it already had. He grabbed a section of paper towel and sneezed once more into it.

Heschshewww!!

After he had wiped and blown his nose, he leaned against the countertop, defeated, still clutching to the paper towel in his hand. He ran his hand across his forehead and through his hair, sighing, as he noticed Robin standing in the archway into the kitchen.

“What the heck happened in here?” she asked, slowly walking towards the poor, brown-haired boy.

“I was hungry, and I didn’t want to w-wake you so I tried to warm it up m-myself, b- heh but I’m sure you ca- can clearly see, Heshcsheww!! how that went.” He replied, wiping his delicate nose once more with the harsh paper towel. He poked out his bottom lip, acting sad.

Robin smiled from ear to ear in amusement.

“Are you always this bad at cooking or is it just the sickness talking?”

“Yes.” Steve smirked.

Robin rolled her eyes at Steve’s answer, knowing all too well that it meant he lived solely off microwaved dinners and cereal.

“Go back into the living room, I will clean this up and make you something to eat,” Robin offered.

“Robin, really, I can clean it up. I made the mess,” Steve sniffled, wiping his nose again.

“Living room, now. Don’t make me say it again,” Robin ordered, shoving the soup spoon into Steve’s face.

Steve lifted his hands in surrender. “Okay, mother,” he said jokingly, turning around and heading back into the living room.

As Steve was sitting on the couch, he peered back into the kitchen. Robin was bent down, cleaning the soup that had spilled on the floor. He watched the way her hair flowed as she moved and the way the sun, that was just starting to rise, beamed on her, making her glow in just the right way. Steve smiled unconsciously.

“I know you’re staring at me, Harrington.” Robin said, not looking up from what she was doing. Steve quickly turned his head away from the kitchen but kept his goofy smile. He could hear Robin chuckle.

As Robin stood up from the floor, she felt a slight bit lightheaded. She grabbed the counter to steady herself, not realizing Steve witnessed the whole thing.

“Are you, uh, alright in there?” he asked.

“Yeah, I just stood up a little fast.”

“Or..” Steve grinned, pausing.

“Or what?”

“Or I’ve given you this junk.”

“That’s a stretch, dingus,” Robin retorted, sniffing slightly. Robin thought about it for a minute. Her throat was a little scratchy this morning, and she had a small headache in the back of her head. She figured it was just from sleeping where she did the night before, but she was seriously doubting that at this point.

After a while, Robin walked out into the living room with some eggs and toast for the both of them, only to find Steve passed out on the couch again. She quietly set the plates down on the coffee table and nudged Steve a bit.

“Steve.”

Steve jumped awake, flinging his arm involuntarily towards Robin’s face.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry,” he said, as Robin tried to stifle her laughter. “I’ve been known to punch people in my sleep apparently.”

“I couldn’t tell,” she replied sarcastically. “Here.”

Robin handed Steve the plate of food, watching him as he gratefully took it.

“Hey, I wanted to thank you, by the way.” Steve switched to a serious note, taking a bite of his toast.

“Thank me for what? Saving you from spreading your nasty illness to everyone in the whole mall?” She gave a slight smirk.

Steve showed some amusement in his hazel eyes.

“For staying with me all night. My parents were never really around, so I never had anyone to take care of me while I was sick. I always remember heading to the store as a kid myself to get medicine, praying that I wouldn’t puke on anyone in the process. I really appreciate what you did for me, and I feel much better because of it.” Steve was trying to hide how many butterflies were fluttering in his stomach.

Robin noticed how red Steve got, but she couldn’t tell if it was because he was blushing or because his fever was breaking. Maybe both.

“Of course.” She swallowed, feeling a lump form in her throat. “I need you better so I can harass you properly without feeling guilty. I’m having withdrawals.”

Steve smiled, and it’s like fireworks went off. She leaned slightly closer to Steve, and he did the same, as if he knew exactly what she was thinking. He leaned his forehead on Robin’s, letting out sigh that almost sounded like he felt relieved.

“Would I be a dick if I ruined the moment?” Steve asked, closing his eyes.

“As long as you don’t sneeze one me,” Robin said, watching Steve’s eyebrows stitch together as he desperately tried to hold back a sneeze. He hadn’t moved away from her yet.

“Why now?” he whispered, as he pulled away. Steve pitched to the to the side of Robin, catching a double sneeze in his sweatshirt sleeve.

Heeasschheww!! Hesscschhewww!!

Robin brought her hand up and rested it on the back of his neck, twirling little pieces of his hair in her fingers in an attempt the console him. Steve reunited his gaze with hers but before he could speak, Robin’s soft lips were locked with his. Steve laid his hand on her waist, pulling her body closer. He couldn’t help but to smile like an idiot.

Edited by ToastedBagel

I love it <3. There are not enough Stranger Things sickfics and I am so happy for a new one. I am writing one myself. I really love your way of spelling sneezes. 

Hey! I’m back once again with another update. 

Sorry if this part is a little short, I haven’t completely decided where this next part is going quite yet. I also don’t want to make this too long, but I want to say there will be at least 2-3 more parts. 

I also apologize as there are no sneezes in this part, but there will be next time, I promise. 

The font is different because I am also using my phone again to upload.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy  I am having so much fun writing this fic.

Steve has just finished spraying his last layer of the Farrah Fawcett Spray, his staple, in his brunette hair. He carefully ran his fingers through several strands, directing them in the right direction. 

“Perfect,” he smiled, gawking at himself in the bathroom mirror. It had been a couple of days since Robin had been over to care for him. He was relieved to be on the mend, only leaving a mild cough and a couple sneezes ever so often, and as much as he thought he hated work, he was glad to finally be back. Grabbing his leather wallet and his keys, he was out the door. 

Steve shut his car door, checking himself out in the reflection one last time before he went inside. He felt a little egotistical doing so, but he just wanted to look his best for Robin, aside from the dorky “company policy” uniform that he had to wear. 

He flung the door open with a smile only for it to be diminished by the state that the once spunky girl that sat in front of him was in. There was a tissue box sitting next to her as well as a couple stray tissues and her head was buried into her arms. 

“Robin,” Steve said quietly, but there was no response from her. She must have been asleep. 

Steve moved closer and placed his hand lightly on her shoulder, giving her a nudge. 

“Robin,” he said again, waking her up just enough for a coherent response. 

“Hmm?” she replied, not lifting her head from her arms. 

“Are you, uh, okay?” Steve had now taken the seat next to her. 

Robin lifted her head and scowled at him, the same look that he had given her the morning he came into work sick. She looked like she hadn’t slept in days. 

There was another ten minutes until opening, so Steve wasn’t in too big a rush. 

“Don’t you look nice,” she commented, knowing that she looked the complete opposite. 

“You should really go home.”

“Sorry dingus, can’t do that,” she said lifting her body up to a stand. She pushed her disheveled hair out of her face.

“Hey! You made me go home! I think it’s only fair,” Steve argued. 

“That’s because I could handle it on my own.”

“What, you don’t think I can handle scooping ice cream by myself?”

Robin let out a weak cough. “It’s a delicate job, Harrington. You have to get the right flavor AND topping. I don’t know if you have the skills.”

Steve smirked at the still joking brunette in front of him. He could tell that she was making every excuse in the book not to leave work. 

“You just don’t want to leave this hot stuff,” Steve flirted back, running his hand along the shape of his hair in an attempt to be sexy. 

“Damn, you got me.”

Robin grabbed a tissue to wipe her nose and threw it in the trash can next to her when she finished. She then grabbed the ice cream scoop from the sink and went to put it in her apron, but Steve nabbed it before she had the chance to. 

“What do you think you’re doing? I’m not having you all sniffly and sneezy around the ice cream and the customers.” Steve gave her a disappointed expression. 

Robin crosses her arms and pouted, her bottom lip slight protruding. 

“Oh no. As cute as you are right now, I’m not falling for that. If you absolutely need to stay here, fine, but please stay back here.” 

“Yes, mother Steve,” she said sarcastically, referring to the children he had seemed to have adopted over the summer. She slumped back in her chair and set her hat on the table next to her. 

Steve felt bad. She looked so upset. Robin loved her work and loved helping people, and she wasn’t even able to do that because of this dumb flu that HE gave her. He gave her a soft, sympathetic look, letting her know that he too was in her shoes just a week ago.

He then remembered that he had brought some DayQuil just in case he would need it. He rifled through his bag trying to find it, leaving Robin with a confused face. He grabbed the bottle and set it down next to her. Without saying a word, he leaned down and kissed Robin on the cheek before making his way to open up the store for the day, leaving Robin’s lip turned up just enough that he was satisfied. 

Robin groaned, knowing how stubborn she was being. She did make Steve go home for the same reason he was trying to make her go home. For the sake of not only the customers, but her own well being. She couldn’t help but feel comforted by his concerns. 

As soon as it turned lunch time, Steve made his way back to the employee lounge. 

“Would you like something to eat, I can go get us something if you would like, he offered. 

“That would be great, but you can’t just leave the shop with no one else to take your shift, and you’re not going to let me do it.”

“I’ll just close it up for a bit,” he said, shrugging. 

“Steve, that sounds like a terrible idea.”

“Oh, it’s just ice cream. People can wait. Besides, if they figured out that I could sling ice cream AND take care of a sick person at the same time, I think they’d be pretty impressed,” he chuckled. 

“Wow. You are such a mom,” Robin stared at him, mixed with humor and disbelieve. She shook her head, sighing lightly, giving him the signal to leave. “You are such a dingus, Steve Harrington.”