Sneeze Fetish Forum

So Much For a Day Alone— Ace Attorney (Klavier x allergic!Apollo)

Hachimitsu Tea

It was a quiet day at the office. Brief periods of time where the lawyers at the Wright Anything Agency didn’t have any cases weren’t uncommon, but it was somewhat unusual that Apollo had days alone at the office. Phoenix and Athena were out investigating for the case they were working together, and Trucy was at school, so he had the place to himself for the day to catch up on tidying and clerical duties.

Apollo loved his coworkers like family, but he couldn’t help being glad for the alone time. The constant commotion and shenanigans that occurred in the office when everyone was there could get a little exhausting. Plus, there was the matter of the high pollen count that was causing him some issues today. It was nice to be able to let himself sneeze when he needed to without having to feel bad about startling or disturbing his office mates every time.

“Hehhh… fuehhh…” Apollo sniffled wetly and scrunched up his face, waiting.

If Phoenix, Trucy and Athena had been there, he’d probably have received 3 anticipatory blessings by now. They were all enthusiastic blessers and though Apollo appreciated the fact that they cared, it got embarrassing when he kept needing it again and again. He sucked in a few quick, short breaths through his nose to help the tickle along so that he could get back to the task he was working on.

For a moment, he thought he might not sneeze after all, but then the irritation resurged with a vengeance.

“HahhhhJISHEE!! HADJISHEE!! ADJISHHHEE!! Huhh… h-huhJISHUH!!”

Even though Apollo had covered his mouth with his arm, several documents were blown off his desk and onto the floor. He was frozen in place, hitching uselessly.

“Au weia, gesundheit!”

“...Ugh,” The blessing from the doorway caused his stuck sneeze to fade. Apollo sighed and sniffled. “Thagks…”

He sniffled again and scrunched his nose before turning his attention back to the desk drawer he’d been straightening. Then it occurred to him: he was supposed to be alone, so who had just blessed him?  

“...Wait!” Apollo’s head snapped up and he leapt to his feet.

He felt as though the bottom had dropped out of his stomach when he saw none other than Klavier Gavin grinning at him from the office entrance.

“P-Prosecutor Gavin?!” Apollo squawked, his cheeks warming rapidly. “Why are you— How long have you been there?!”

Klavier’s shoulders shook with quiet laughter at Apollo’s reaction as he strolled casually towards him, a paper coffee cup clutched in his ringed fingers.

“Don’t worry, Herr Forehead,” he said smoothly, “I was just stepping up to the door when you sneezed, so I didn’t see whatever embarrassing things you did before that.”

Apollo puffed out his cheeks indignantly, though the effect was ruined by the rubbing he gave his itching eyes. “I wasn’t doing anything embarrassing. I just don’t like being secretly watched, is all.”

Klavier’s smile took on a sympathetic edge and he made a little gesture under his nose with his pointer finger. It took Apollo a moment to realize what Klavier was trying to indicate, but then he noticed the wet sensation against his skin there. The defense attorney went scarlet and grabbed a handful of tissues to wipe his dripping nose.

“Wh-what’re you doi’g here adyway?” Apollo mumbled self consciously through his wad of tissues. “You’re dot prosecuti’g Mr. Wright a’d Atheda’s case…”

Klavier held up his coffee cup. “Fraulein Wright recommended the coffee shop a few doors down from your office building and I needed a break so I came to try it out.”

Apollo glanced at the familiar cafe logo on his cup as he threw away his tissues. “Ok… but that doesn’t explain why you’re in our office.”

Klavier leaned across the desk in between them and prodded playfully at the crease between Apollo’s eyebrows. Apollo clenched his fist at his side, trying to force down the butterflies in his stomach that always fluttered around excitedly when Klavier smiled at him, and swatted half-heartedly at the prosecutor’s hand.

“If you keep being so prickly, you’ll never be popular with the ladies,” Klavier teased.

Apollo barely caught himself before he blurted out that he was gay, but thankfully managed to keep his mouth in check.

“I had it on good authority that you’d be alone in the office today,” Klavier continued. “I didn’t want my favorite defense attorney to get lonely, so I figured I’d drop by and check on you.”

Apollo’s bangs drooped with exasperation and he rolled his watering eyes. “I’m a grown man. I can handle a few hours at the office by myself.” He wasn’t even going to address the fact that Klavier had referred to him as his “favorite defense attorney.” Apollo had decided that this unfortunate crush he harbored for his courtroom rival needed to be buried as deeply inside himself as it possibly could be.

“Don’t be such a Sauertopf, Herr Forehead,” Klavier scolded gently, his flawless smile playfully mischievous. “I’m a guest. Would it kill you to offer me a drink and make me feel welcome?”

“You literally have a drink in your hand as we speak,” Apollo pointed out flatly. “Are you sure you’re not the one who’s lonely?”

Klavier grinned and fiddled with his bangs. “Ach, guilty as charged… Which is a wunderbar album, if I do say so myse--”

“H-HIDJISHI!!” Apollo sneezed explosively, catching them both off guard. “HIDJISH!! Huhhhh… Ughh… H-hhh-hhIDJISHIEW!!”

An awkward, shocked silence settled between them. Klavier’s eyes were wide and fixed on Apollo, and Apollo was frozen with his hand cupped over his mouth and nose, a ruddy flush of embarrassment seeping slowly into his cheeks. He cleared his throat and grabbed a handful of tissues from the box on his desk.

“S-sorry, those just ki’d of sduck up od be,” Apollo mumbled from behind his tissues. “Excuse be.”

Gesundheit!” Klavier said emphatically.

Apollo almost wished he wouldn’t; somehow, being blessed so earnestly by the rockstar prosecutor was more mortifying than if it had been any of his coworkers. He blew his nose harshly, rubbing it through the tissues. It itched terribly and his dignity was already shattered so he may as well have some relief. Apollo had clamped his eyes shut to blow his nose, so it came as a surprise when he opened them again and found Klavier leaning across his desk once more, his expression arranged into a small frown of concern as he studied Apollo’s face. Apollo could feel his cheeks reddening even further.

“Wh-what?” he demanded, throwing his tissues in the wastebasket near his desk.

“You’re awfully flushed, Herr Forehead,” Klavier noted. “Catching a cold?”

Before Apollo could say anything, Klavier was reaching out and pressing his hand against Apollo’s expansive forehead. His frown deepened, and he lowered his hand to press the back of it against Apollo’s cheek instead. Apollo wanted to say something, to growl at him not to touch him, or to assure him that he wasn’t ill, but his voice seemed stuck at the moment. Klavier’s touch was so gentle and warm, and the cool metal of Klavier’s rings against his skin did feel kind of nice, even if he didn’t actually have a fever.

“Hmm…” Klavier hummed thoughtfully, cupping Apollo’s cheek unabashedly. “I don’t think you’re warm, but perhaps you should go home and rest, just to be safe. I could give you a ride if you like.”

Apollo gulped. His allergies already made his head feel fuzzy, and Klavier’s touch wasn’t helping matters. “I-I’b fide,” he stammered weakly. Hating how timid that had come out, Apollo sniffled and cleared his throat. “Honestly, it’s just a little hay fever.”

“Ach, armes ding,” Klavier cooed sympathetically. Apollo’s breath caught as the other man caressed his cheek with the pad of his thumb. “That’s one curse I’m glad not to have inherited.”

“Somehow, the sympathy of Mr. World’s Most Genetically Blessed feels like adding insult to injury,” Apollo grumbled sullenly.

Klavier’s face lit up in a grin of surprise and delight. “Why, Herr Forehead… If I didn’t know better, I’d almost think you just called me beautiful!”

Apollo rubbed his itching eyes, trying to hide how hot his face was. “Don’t pretend you don’t know. That only makes it more annoying.”

Klavier’s shoulders shook with soft laughter that did unfair things to Apollo’s heart. He looked up at him and tossed his bangs flirtatiously, his cheeks kissed with a rosy glow that Apollo missed in his unwillingness to meet his gaze at the moment. “Nein, I’m quite aware that I’m breathtakingly attractive. I simply didn’t expect to hear it from your mouth. You’re going to make me blush, liebechen.”

“Your fake coy act isn’t cute,” Apollo said with a sniffle and a watery glare. “Can’t you just leave those of us who weren’t so lucky in the genetics department alone to suffer in peace?”

“Ah, I beg to differ,” Klavier said smoothly, unruffled by Apollo’s attempts to dismiss him. “Hay fever aside, I’d say that genetics was incredibly generous to you as w--”

“H-HADJISHIEW!!” If Apollo hadn’t been so busy hitching and gearing up for his next sneeze, he might have smirked at the way Klavier jumped at his unexpected outburst. “UHJISHII!! Hh… HUDJISHUN!! HEJJISH!!”

That awkward silence descended over them again, Apollo’s nose dripping freely down his lip. Klavier smiled sympathetically and took a few tissues from the box on Apollo’s desk. Apollo extended his hand to accept them, but to his shock, Klavier dodged his hand and began wiping his nose for him.

“Gesundheit again!” Klavier purred. “Here, blow.”

Apollo was so stunned and mortified that all he could do was obey. His head swam as he blew his nose into the tissues that Klavier was holding for him.

“S-sorry,” Apollo croaked. “Sorry, that was gross…”

Klavier disposed of the tissues, looking unperturbed. In fact, if Apollo had to objectively label the expression on the prosecutor’s face as he looked at him again, he would say that it was… affectionate. He gulped nervously.

“Nein, don’t worry about it,” Klavier said. “Everyone sneezes, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Besides… would you believe me if I said I still think you’re incredibly cute?”

Apollo could feel himself blushing as he struggled to process all this. Honestly, no, he didn’t believe that Klavier found him cute, but… He glanced at his bracelet in disbelief. It hadn’t reacted. My bracelet’s not infallible, he reminded himself, his heart racing. It can be wrong. It has to be wrong.

“I’ve never seen you sneeze,” Apollo mumbled, still not looking at him.

“Wirklich?” Klavier said. He snapped his fingers thoughtfully. “I assure you, I’m not immune. I may have the looks and physique of a god, but I’m only human.”

Apollo rolled his eyes. “Wow, it was big of you to admit that,” he said sarcastically. “What’re you allergic to, modesty?”

Klavier laughed. “Nein, no allergies. Although…”

Apollo waited, his heart racing. The prosecutor was fiddling with his bangs again, and Apollo couldn’t help thinking he looked almost… shy. “Y… yeah?”

“Well, one of the drawbacks to having light blue eyes is that it can increase your likelihood of being sensitive to bright lights,” Klavier admitted. “As you might imagine, it’s a troublesome condition for someone who performs onstage under spotlights.”

Apollo licked his lips nervously. “Yeah, I bet…”

Klavier leaned toward him again across the desk, examining his face. “I can see the wheels in your head turning, Herr Forehead. What’re you thinking about?”

His thoughts fell on the little red lamp perched on the corner of his desk, but Apollo knew that if he looked at it Klavier would guess what he was thinking and probably thwart his scheme. He needed to catch the prosecutor off guard. Hardly able to believe that he was really doing this, Apollo poised himself to strike.

“Nothing, just… wondering what would happen if I were to…”

Without finishing his sentence, Apollo’s hand darted out and clicked on his lamp, while the other hand turned the head so that it shined right in Klavier’s face.

“Ah...!” Klavier shielded his eyes quickly, but it was too late; Apollo could see his face scrunching up against the sudden tickle. Klavier drew in a sharp breath and he covered his face with his arms. “Hh! Hatschi! Atschi!”

Forcing all thoughts of future awkwardness out of his head, Apollo circled around the desk to the other man’s side and took hold of Klavier’s wrists, tugging his arms away from his face. Klavier’s bangs fell into his eyes, but Apollo could see his attractive nose flaring ticklishly. “Hitschi! Tschuu! Etschuu!”

The sight of the normally flawless prosecutor sneezing so helplessly in front of him sent a little zing of appreciation up Apollo’s spine and right to his own sensitive nose. Klavier’s expression was so undignified, and yet somehow, unfairly, his unbridled vulnerability was beautiful. Hands occupied by Klavier’s wrists, Apollo bowed his head hurriedly as his breath began to hitch.

“HUHJASHUU!! HUHJISHIEW!! Hehh… huhhhh..”

“Hih… hh...ngh…”

“UHJISHEE!!” “Hetschii!”

The quiet that fell was a dazed one as the two of them waited for their post-sneeze haze to pass. Klavier broke it first with a delicate sniffle, and then his fingers were under Apollo’s chin, lifting it gently so that Apollo had little choice but to meet his gaze. Apollo expected him to look irritated or indignant, but instead there was a soft, intimate smile on Klavier’s lips. His tan cheeks were flushed, and Apollo wasn’t sure whether it was from sneezing so hard or if it was embarrassment. What he did know was that it made his chest feel really funny again. The next thing he knew, Klavier’s lips were pressing gently against his cheek, kissing away an allergic tear that had fallen during his fit. Apollo felt himself go scarlet.

Schäm dich, Herr Forehead, taking advantage of my weakness like that,” he purred, his warm breath caressing Apollo’s cheek. “That was quite sneaky of you.”

“S-sorry, I… I was, er… curious,” he stammered lamely. He sniffled. His nose was running again slightly but he couldn’t go for a tissue with Klavier holding him like this.

“Ah, curious,” Klavier said amusedly, reaching around Apollo to retrieve some tissues. “Well, we can’t just let Herr Forehead’s curiosity go unsatisfied can we? Blow.”

Apollo blew his nose shyly into the tissues Klavier was holding for him.

“Now that I’ve satisfied your curiosity, perhaps you’d indulge mine.”

Apollo gulped. Klavier remained close after kissing his cheek, and at this distance Apollo could almost count Klavier’s elegantly long eyelashes. Some of them were stuck together with tears after his sneezing fit, though. “Um… sure.”

Klavier opened his mouth to speak, but for a moment nothing came out. Apollo’s bracelet squeezed his wrist. The prosecutor was on edge. Nervous? Yes, his cheeks looked pink. Well, that made two of them, but he wouldn’t have expected it from cool, self-assured Klavier. Apollo’s heart rate picked up another couple of notches in anticipation. Why did Klavier have to be so beautiful when he blushed?

“I’ve been wondering… how it would feel to kiss you,” Klavier said softly. He was already leaning in, and Apollo felt his heart pounding somewhere in the region of his throat. “May I?”

The defense attorney gulped, his normally powerful voice suddenly nowhere to be found. He gave a jerky nod instead. There was barely enough time to process the beautiful smile his agreement put on Klavier’s face before his courtroom rival was leaning in…

Apollo’s head spun with disbelief and exhilaration as Klavier’s lips pressed against his. Klavier’s nose bumped lightly against his as he kissed him enthusiastically and Apollo made an embarrassing little whimper into Klavier’s mouth. This seemed to encourage the prosecutor because he began teasing Apollo’s lower lip gently with his teeth and he pressed even closer. It was a kiss unlike any Apollo had ever dreamed of, and yet…

Klavier’s nose bumped his again gently and Apollo scrunched up his face as what had been a small buzzing tickle flared up dramatically in his sinuses. As much as he hated the thought of breaking off this kiss, it needed to be done immediately to avoid sneezing on Klavier. With an exercise of clandestine effort, Apollo jerked away as his pinkened nostrils flared ticklishly. The ensuing explosive, wet sneezes drowned out the noise of disappointment Klavier made when Apollo’s lips left his.

“HAJJISHOO!! H-h-hIDJISHOO!! HADJISHOO!! Huhhh… HUDJISHUN!! HIJISHHH!!”

Apollo was panting a little by the time his fierce, uncovered fit had subsided, his eyes and nose streaming freely at the floor, which he’d just barely had time to aim at in time to avoid spraying Klavier. He could hear the prosecutor sighing a tiny laugh as he reached over to the desk and pulled some more tissues from the box.

“Gesundheit, liebechen,” Klavier cooed, crouching down to help mop up Apollo’s face.

“‘S-scuse be…” Apollo croaked, mortified. “Guess I really bessed that ode up…”

“Nein, don’t worry about it,” Klavier said kindly. “You couldn’t help that you had to sneeze… Blow for me?”

Apollo blew his nose shyly, and gave a stuffy sniffle. Klavier leaned in again and kissed Apollo’s forehead.

“Perhaps we should continue this when you’re not so allergic,” he proposed. “Call me when you’re feeling better, ja? I’ll take you out to dinner and drinks… If you’ll have me.”

Apollo nodded immediately. “O-of course. I’ll… I’ll try to get this under codtrol quickly.”
The smile Klavier gave him could have outshone the sun, and it made Apollo’s heart trip over itself. He was glad that Klavier was holding him close because his knees felt rather weak.

“Wunderbar! I’ll eagerly await that call. But don’t be afraid to contact me before then too. I’m always glad to hear from you.” Apollo’s heart fluttered once more as Klavier kissed his forehead again. “And now unfortunately I must return to work.”

“Right… work…” Apollo had forgotten that he still had things he wanted to get done at the office. “Ok, I’ll… ub, text you later?”

“I’ll be thinking of you the whole time, schatzi,” Klavier hummed.

“G-get out of here already, you sap,” Apollo grumbled, giving him a light shove. “Jeez, is this what I’b sigdi’g up for?”

The prosecutor laughed, unoffended by Apollo’s shy but affectionate tone. “Admit it, you’ll be thinking of me too.”

“...Baybe…” Apollo admitted, smushing his face against Klavier’s chest to hide his embarrassment.

Klavier squeezed him gently, then let go reluctantly and moved toward the door. “Until we meet again.”

Apollo waved shyly to Klavier as he shut the door behind him. Maybe having allergies wasn’t so terrible after all.

This made me explode.  :DDDD  I was just grinning the whole time I was reading it. They're both SO CUTE.  I love that Apollo's sneezes are so loud (Chords of Steel!) and that Klavier is so adorably photic.  I would absolutely melt if you wrote a fic about him sneezing on stage from the lights.  Thanks for putting that wonderful thought into my head!

Why am I seeing this after almost a week?! This is incredibly cute! Apollo's sarcasm towards Klavier is everything tbh, and when he made him sneeze with the light :heart: I loved that so much.

This was such an enjoyable read, I love Klapollo

On 6/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, LeapYearKisses said:

I would absolutely melt if you wrote a fic about him sneezing on stage from the lights.

Omg yes!