Sneeze Fetish Forum

Taking Flight (M, Yuri on Ice)

groundcontrol

Hello lovely forum! Now that Yuri! On Ice is over two years old and the fervor surrounding it has died down, it is officially time for me to get into it! Better late then never, right? So here’s part 1 of a little Sick Victor ditty, in which I spell his name Viktor because I can, I suppose. It’s inspired in part by my own experience with an awful cold flying overseas, though I wasn’t flying from Russia and I wasn’t in first class. Pretend I know how all of that works.

No Yuuri in this part, but he’s coming, fear not :)

The only thing that rivaled the pounding of Viktor Nikiforov’s head was the pounding of his heart. His flight back home to Japan (and Yuuri and Makkachin) had started flashing “boarding” on the displays as soon as he had gotten in the security line what felt like hours ago, and he still hadn’t made it to the checkpoint! Dear God, they were going to start calling for him soon, weren’t they? He sniffled, rubbing his nose on the cuff of his jacket, far too preoccupied to think of pulling out a tissue, and rocked a little back and forth on his heels.

At this point, Viktor was contemplating sacrificing his pride, explaining his situation to the people in front of him, and begging to cut in line. He even stepped forward and opened his mouth to ask, for what it was worth, but what escaped his mouth wasn’t words.

Heh’eh’KSSHH! Heh’KMPPHH! Ughh…” Surprised by the outburst, Viktor only managed to get a hand over his mouth in time for the second sneeze, effectively spraying the poor woman in front of him.

Viktor felt his eyes go wide, but he was too tired to feel the embarrassment he should have. He sniffled wetly. “Excuse mbe, sorry.” He sounded awful, he knew, anyone with ears surely knew, all creaky and congested, which surely did not help his case.

The woman glowered daggers at him and pulled the collar on her fur coat up higher, stepping as far forward as she could. So much for Viktor’s hopes of skipping forward in line; his damn cold had ruined that for him. His damn cold had ruined just about everything that day, actually. What had started as a sore throat and a bit of sniffling the day before had morphed overnight into the cold from hell, making him sleep through his alarms and get to the airport over an hour later than he had planned. His throat hurt, his ears hurt, his head pounded from his completely blocked sinuses, and he felt like he was wrapped in ice. He couldn’t wait to curl up in the plane seat and rest for a little while, but first he would have to actually get to the plane.

Viktor was about ready to jump out of his skin by the time his turn finally came at the checkpoint. He was so congested that he had to repeat his name twice before the security worker could understand that he was saying exactly what was on his passport, and even that short ordeal left him coughing breathlessly as he took his passport back, only able to spare the briefest of nods to the disgusted worker in thanks.

He had to shed his thick coat and scarf before going through the scanners, and even though he wore a thick turtleneck underneath, he had to resort to hugging himself and hopping from one foot to another to preserve some semblance of warmth as he waited his turn to walk through. God, he hadn’t felt this sick in years.

Viktor walked through the full-body scan without incident, and was about to shout with joy when a shrill beep made his heart sink. His bag. The security worker beckoned him over as he rifled through Viktor’s carry-on before pulling out the culprit: the bottle of cold medicine Viktor had nabbed from the hotel convenience store on his mad dash to the airport that morning.

“This is too big,” the worker said, shaking the bottle in his gloved hand, causing the liquid to swish. “You can’t bring it on the flight.”

It took Viktor’s shocked, fevered brain a moment to process what was going on. “B-but-but I need that!” He sniffled and thumbed at his nose, which had begun to run.

“It’s too big,” the worker said, slightly impatient now. “Dump it out now, and you can buy a smaller one before the gate.”

“But I do--ohh--ahh’KSCHH!” Viktor caught the, slightly messy, sneeze in his hand just as a voice sounded from the PA on high.

“Last boarding call for Viktor Nikiforov, flight 296 with service to Tokyo.”

“Fide, fide, just dump it out!” Viktor cried out, wiping his hand on his pants. He rocked on the balls of his feet as the worker dumped his precious medicine into the garbage. Once that was done, Viktor collected his bags and set out in a dead sprint toward his gate.

When at last he reached the gate, brandishing his phone to show the woman at the check-in his ticket, Viktor felt on the verge of collapse. “Viktor Nikiforov,” he panted, all but throwing his phone down on the check-in desk as he grasped the corner frantically for support, launching into a fit of wheezing coughs. He fought to get his breathing under control, but that run was the last thing he needed in this state and the fit lasted considerably longer than he would’ve liked. Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes, and his nose ran profusely. He dragged his sleeve across his face in an attempt to wipe himself clean of both. By the time he could look up again, the check-in woman was holding out his phone to him.

“You’re all checked in, sir,” she said, her brow creased in worry. “Are you alright?”

Viktor tried to plaster on his paparazzi smile and wave her worries away, but he wasn’t sure how well that worked, his voice as thin and tremulous as it was. “Just a little under the weather. Thank you.”

He took his phone and boarded the plane, shoving his bag underneath the seat in front of him and collapsing into his as soon as he found it. He bundled himself back up in his coat and scarf, curled up in his seat, and leaned his aching head against the window, shutting his eyes. He felt worse than awful, and if he were honest with himself, all he wanted was to curl up in bed and feel Yuuri’s arms around him, but he had at least ten hours before he could do that.

Heh’TSCHoo! Heh’TSCHuhh!” Viktor fished in his pockets and pulled out a tissue, crumpled and sodden almost past the point of usefulness. He dabbed at his nose with it, just enough to pick up any mess that had spilled, and then sniffled wetly once, twice, three times. He didn’t have another fresh tissue to blow his nose in, so this would have to do.

As the plane gathered speed to take off, Viktor rubbed the bridge of his nose and groaned, flopping back against his seat. He was flying first class, as he usually did, but even so there was still an unhappy passenger next to him who shot him the dirtiest of looks before pulling up the wall that divided their seats. Viktor couldn’t blame him; he truly was a walking cold and flu advert.

Soon enough, he was shivering, and Viktor reached for the bag with the blanket that was under his seat, cocooning himself with it. No sooner had he done that, however, than did his clogged ears make their displeasure known at the change in altitude. He moaned so loudly that it was halfway to a scream, and clutched his hands over his ears in an attempt to make it stop.

He didn’t know how long he stayed like that, but he didn’t look up until he felt a hand tapping his shoulder gently.

“Sir,” a concerned-looking flight attendant said. She chewed a bit at her colored lips. “Is everything alright?”

“Painkillers?” Viktor croaked out, rubbing at his ears. A violent shiver snaked down his spine. “And an extra blanket? Ih’hihh’hiISSHH! Isshoo!” He sneezed into the blanket that he already held around him. “Ughh...Snf! Snf!”

Of course, sir,” she said, and Victor would be forever grateful for how soft and caring she kept her voice. “Perhaps some tissues too?”

“That would be lovely, thank you. Heh’sshoo! Nngghh.. Oh, excuse be.”

Viktor closed his eyes when she left, working his fingers into his temples, trying to massage away the ache. He felt unwelcomely close to tears, but he hoped the painkillers might take the edge off that. Oh, how he just wanted Yuuri.

“Here you are, sir.” Viktor cracked open his eyes and took the pills, tissues, and blankets from the attendant. She watched him with a careful, almost hesitant expression. “Are you… Viktor Nikiforov?”

“The very same.” He smiled and tried to laugh, but the sound quickly fell to congested coughs instead. “Sorry, I’d normally offer to take a picture but—snf!—I dod’t thidk you wadt a picture with be looking—“ Victor paused, gesturing to his face and pink, sniffly nose, “—like this.”

“No, no it’s more than alright,” she said. Her expression softened from its previous hesitance. “You don’t sound like you feel very well, Mr. Nikiforov.”

Viktor gave a slight nod, too exhausted to be embarrassed by the comment. “I’ll be happy to get home and sleep.”

“I’m sure. You should try to sleep now, too. Call for me if there’s anything else you need.”

Viktor nodded and sniffled as he burrowed into his layers of blankets. As the painkillers gradually knocked the pain in his ears to a bearable ache, he couldn’t help but be lulled to sleep by the whirring of the airplane as it carried him home to Yuuri.

TBC

Yes, amazing!  I've been getting back int YoI after the hype has died down, too, and this is lovely!  I am a sucker for terrible colds, especially in places where there is no escape!  This fits perfectly.  I love how visceral Viktor's suffering feels (because I'm a sadist, apparently, lol), but also how he's still trying to be nice and represent himself for his fans. :)  I'll keep my eye out for part 2!

Oh nooooo, poor Viktor! :sad: He definitely needs some TLC (from his Yuuri :heart:). Great details so far, and just an overall well-written fic. :yes: I look forward to more~

This is wonderful! Immersive, great writing, basically everything I could hope for in a fic. 🙂 Can't wait to see where this goes! 

I love seeing more YOI fics on the forum!  It's great so far you've really captured Viktor's misery and the hell that is airport security.    Looking forward to the next part.

Awww poor victor. Dont fret...Yuri and MakaMaka-chan to the rescue. Then he had to dump his medicine? Thats horrid!! :0

Thank you for your comments, everyone! They make my day :) Glad to see you’ve enjoyed part 1; hopefully part 2 will be to your liking as well.

The moment Viktor saw Yuuri, waiting in the meet-and-greet area with a handwritten sign reading “Welcome Home, Vitya”, he quickened his pace to the closest approximation of a run he could manage in his state. His ears were throbbing, he was dizzy from all the changes in altitude, disoriented from his restless sleep, and cold, shivery, and congested, but he was home at last.

Yuuri dropped the sign and opened his arms in invitation. “Viktor!”

Viktor dropped his bag and sank into the hug, feeling Yuuri’s warm arms wrap around his achy back, letting his head fall comfortably in the space between Yuuri’s shoulder and neck. One of Yuuri’s hand came up to cradle the back of his head, stroke at his hair. This was heaven. He heaved a relieved sigh.

But though Viktor would have been content to stay in this position for eternity, his breath caught and sent him into a fit of coughing. He pulled back so as not to cough in Yuuri’s face, turning to the side and coughing violently into his fist. His eyes were wet and blurred from the effort, but even in the midst of the fit he felt Yuuri’s soft, cool hands on his forehead, on his cheeks.

“Vitya, you’re burning up!” Yuuri was saying, and Viktor would’ve felt guilty at the worry in his voice if his body could focus on anything but the need to draw in air to his spasming lungs. “Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?!”

Viktor tried to say something to quell his worry but the coughing wouldn’t stop and his head was spinning. Dimly, he felt Yuuri rubbing his back through the thick coat.

“Here, try to have some water.” Yuuri took Viktor’s hand and pressed a water bottle into it, open, and helped Viktor guide the bottle to his lips once he could take a few ragged breaths.

The cool water felt nice against his burning throat, but it still stung a bit going down and Viktor winced. Now that he could actually breathe again, he was aware that his cheeks were streaked with tears and his nose was running. He swiped a sleeve over his face and sniffled hard, but that merely set him off again.

Heh’NGGSSHH’uhh! Heh’NGSSH! GuhhSnf!”  Too tired to consider his tissue, Viktor pulled his scarf up and wiped his nose on it. He was about to be embarrassed when he remembered that Yuuri was watching him, when his ears popped and he was overcome with a fresh bout of dizziness. He grabbed at his temples and moaned.

Bless you,” Yuuri said, rubbing Viktor’s shoulder. “Viktor? What’s wrong?”

“I deed to sit dowd,” Viktor croaked, and dropped to sit on the floor right where he stood.

“Uh, okay,” Yuuri said, surprised, before sitting down beside Victor himself. “This is okay, Viktor. Whatever you need.” He pulled on Viktor gently so that he was leaning against Yuuri, and rubbed his chest soothingly. “Are you dizzy?”

”Mmmm.”

Yuuri sighed, sounding worried or exasperated or both, but when he spoke his voice was loving. “Okay, Vitya, we can stay like this as long as you need to. Once you think you can, we should probably move to the cairs because it’s more comfortable, but not before you feel a bit better, okay?”

“Mmhmm.” Viktor shut his eyes and leaned fully against Yuuri, relishing in the feeling of his front flush against his back as he waited for the dizziness to fade and for his ears to stop ringing. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Yuuri’s beautiful face above him, regarding him with worry and...hurt. Viktor’s stomach clenched.

Yuuri worried his lip between his teeth and caressed Viktor’s cheek gently. “Why didn’t you tell me you were feeling bad? I wouldn’t have minded if you came home a day or two later if it meant you being less miserable on the plane.”

“It only started yesterday, and it wasn’t that bad at all. Honestly, it was just a sore throat and a runny nose. Today it was bad but I woke up late and almost missed the flight so I really didn’t have time at all to text you. I’m sorry, Yuuri.”

“Poor Viktor,” Yuuri cooed, pressing a kiss to the crown of Viktor’s head. “But you didn’t mention anything yesterday, not when we texted.”

Viktor shook his head bashfully. “I didn’t want to worry you.”

“You can tell me anything, Vitya. You know that, right? You can tell me if you have a sore throat or if you’re sad or lonely and you’ll never ever be bothering me and I’ll never ever think less of you, okay? Everyone gets sick.”

Viktor nodded, and weakly brought his scarf up to cover his mouth again. “Hih’TCHOO! Snf! Hehh… ehh’ISSHHuhh.”

Yuuri made a sympathetic noise and stroked Viktor’s fringe back from his sweaty forehead. The simple touch felt so good after his day of complete misery that Vikktor found he coldn’t help but whimper.

“I don’t feel good, Yuuri.” He felt close to tears again, and he sniffled wetly.

“Oh, Vitya, I know.” Yuuri pressed a soft kiss to Viktor’s temple, keeping his lips there and murmuring in Viktor’s ear. “Do you think you can make it to the chairs now?”

Viktor nodded and Yuuri helped him up and over to the chairs. Viktor knew people were probably looking at them strangely for sitting on the floor but he scarcely had the energy to stand, let alone care what they thought of him.

As Viktor sank into the chair, he couldn’t suppress a shiver. Before he knew it, Yuuri had shed his own coat and laid it over him like a blanket. “Just stay right here, Viktor,” Yuuri said. I’ll go get your suitcase and some tissues and cough drops, alright? Then we’ll go back home and you can rest while I get some real medicine for you.”

Viktor nodded and gave a brief cough, before listing to the side to sneeze once more. “Hih’TSCHH! Ughhh… Snf! Snf! Love you, Yuuri.”

“Love you too, Viktor. And bless you.”

(there may be a part 3 with more caretaking in Hasetsu, but that depends on how much time/motivation I have)

Yessss please more if you have time! This is beautiful and so perfectly descriptive. I felt the emotions. 

Awwwwww yiss, mthrfkng dizziness.  I love it.  Yuuri is so good to him!  And I'm getting a weird thrill imagining what it would be like to see one of my favorite celebrities all feverish and sitting on the floor of an airport.  I think I would explode.

OMG!!! Vitya poor guy..I'm meting from all of this BL fluff^^ awesome job keep going please^-^