Sneeze Fetish Forum

Contagion (Blacklist starting with Reddington )

ID2006

I was really hoping someone would fill my Blacklist request but I'm obsessed enough to start my own. I decided to make it fit more along the story line, season one, and starting with Reddington being cared for by Liz. Caretaking fluff with me trying to replicate the caring nature of their relationship which could be seen as either friendly, family, or romantically oriented. Hope you enjoy.

“I thought Red was only talking to you?”

“Nice to see you too Ressler, and as far as I know he is.” Liz stated as she hung her jacket over her chair while looking at her partner.

“Well, he texted me details to a case 3 hours ago…” he looked as if he was about to say more but was interrupted by their boss sticking his head out of his office door.

“Agent Keen, please come into my office.” The two agents exchanged worried looks.

Once the door was shut behind her Cooper sat at his desk. “Any idea what is going on with Reddington?”

“No sir.”

“He gave details for a case to Agent Ressler and asked me to keep you busy for a few days while he would be unreachable, but his tracker says he is at home.”

“Sorry sir, no idea.” She seemed genuinely confused which meant she knew nothing more than her superior.

“Please go to his house and see what is up. I don’t feel like having him play me from behind the scenes.”

“I’ll do what I can sir.” Liz said, already sounding exacerbated at the thought of playing mental games with her charge.

“Red, open up. I know you’re in there.”

Finally the door cracked open and a weary face peered out at the young agent. “I should have known keeping you busy was too difficult a task for Cooper. I’m here, I’m fine, you may go.”

Either he was getting slow or she was getting faster because Agent Keen seamlessly stuck her foot in the way of the door as Reddington tried to close it. At first he wasn’t going to let her push it open but she took advantage of the moment he spoke a quick “Pardon,” and pulled away shoving a handkerchief to his nose in time to catch two harsh sneezes. And now that she had already pushed her way in he let himself back up slightly as he gave a gurgling blow into the handkerchief.

He sensed a look of disgust cross her features and was surprised at how hurt he felt by it.

“Sorry. I’m a bit of a mess right now.”

“What?” Confusion and then recognition, “Oh no, it’s fine, just looked like that hurt.”

Maybe it wasn’t disgust after all.

“Not the most pleasant feeling, but I’ve felt worse.” He cleared his throat a little against the back of his hand so she filled the awkward silence.

“What not going to regale me with some story from the past?”

“Afraid my throat’s not quite up for that today, maybe another time. As you can see though, I’m not playing any tricks or games so you can leave and set your boss’ mind at ease.”

Agent Keen smiled, “The great Raymond Reddington taken out by the flu. While I’m glad to know I don’t need to go fishing for further information, I am sorry you aren’t feeling well.” She looked the man up and down feeling more unease as she could see sweat building at his brow as his white undershirt clung to his skin, and gray pajama pants hung loosly along his legs. “Where is Dembe?”

“I sent him away as well, no need in either of you catching this,” Reddington voiced congestedly before snapping to the side with another sneeze into the well used handkerchief.

“Bless you, and if you think I’m leaving you alone like this you are nuts.” He flinched before relaxing into her cool hand that she had lifted to his forehead. As her hand lowered her kind eyes locked with his and she softened her voice, “Why don’t you go lay down and I’ll make some tea?”

“That would be…nice.” As much as he did not want to infect her, her touch made him long for her presence even more so he slowly made his way back to the living area.

As Liz entered the kitchen her worries about finding where everything was quickly subsided. A kettle was already out along with a box of throat soothing tea and honey, a pot was on the stove with a couple cans of some fancy form of what looked to be chicken noodle soup, a loaf or artisan bread rested by the toaster, and on the corner of the counter was a box of Echinacea tea and Elderberry vitamins with a note signed by Dembe, “In case Miss Elizabeth decides to stay, since you aren’t the boss of her.”  

She chuckled a little as she read the note and got the tea started. While the agent waited for it to steep she texted her boss to let him know the state of things and sent a brief thank you to Dembe who quickly replied with a thank you in return for staying and caring for him and to just ask if she needed further assistance.

By the time the tea was ready it sounded like Reddington was trying to cough up a lung. He had positioned himself on one side of the couch wrapped in a duvet with a box of tissues, stack of clean handkerchiefs, and pill bottles set on the coffee table, with a full trash can set to the side. She set the tea down on the table and rubbed circles on Red’s back as he remained hunched over, bursts of air continuing to scratch at his throat.

As his breathing calmed she reached for his tea and held it close to him as she kept a steadying arm against him, “Shhhh, you’re okay. This should help.”

He took the cup shakely so she continued to hold it supportively as they carefully brought it to his lips. After a few sips he lowered it and let her place it back on the table while he continued to catch his breath.

“Thank you.” His voice was barely a whispered crackle and he looked at her through miserable tear stained eyes. “You really should go before you catch this. It is quite dreadful.”

Grabbing a tissue from the box she gently dabbed underneath his eyes. “Not a chance.”

Emetophobe warning for this section. (It's a relatively short portion with little detail but thought I should put the warning.)

The TV was playing some black and white movie Liz had never seen and the two drank their tea in companionable silence, with only a few coughs and sneezes punctuating the silence and a few ‘bless you’s’ from Liz. As Red’s body relaxed more his eyes would flutter shut and he’d slump a little closer towards Liz before his eye’s would dart open and he’d straighten up a bit. After the third time of watching this Liz finally scooted herself farther away and spoke up.

“Come on, you need some rest.” She patted her lap gently and he gave her a puzzled look.

“Would you rather go back to bed?” She antagonized.

“No.”

“Then lay down and try to rest.” Her tone made him want to say something to gain the upper hand but every bone in his body wanted to stretch out and feel her comforting touch, so he gave in.

Moving closer he let her help him arrange the duvet so it covered his lying form. His head rested perfectly in her lap and she stroked his neck before moving down to his shoulder.

“You feel a little cooler. Did you take something while I made tea?”

“Yes.” His voice caught though neither of them could tell if it was from emotion or sickness.

“Good, try and get some rest,” and as Red closed his eyes he could hear her barely whisper, “I’ll be here.”

As his breathing slowed to soft rhythmic snores Liz felt herself drift off.

Agent Keen’s hand instinctively went for her gun as she awoke from the pressure swiftly shifting on her lap. Thankfully she didn’t have it removed from the holster before her brain caught up to the actual events around her. The normally calm casual moving man had made a sudden retreat to the bathroom and the noise made her well aware of what was transpiring.  Slowly standing she made her way to the kitchen and used the sink to wet a cool hand towel and half filled a glass. The retching was just dying down by the time she made it to the bathroom.

“Knock knock. Hope you are decent.” She opened the door and looked at Red who kept his head pressed against the porcelain seat.

“I’d hardly call this decent Lizzie.” His speech was congested and he started to lift his head before dizziness made him lower it again.

“Well, I’ll take what I can get.” Her smile was kind and genuine as she kneeled and ran the cloth along the side of his face and rested it along the back of his neck. Setting the glass down on the counter she unrolled some toilet paper and handed it to Red. “Now blow, I can barely understand you.”

He sneered at the toilet paper but did as he was told. It was productive and Liz knew he probably needed to clear more out but the tissue was practically a ball of mush in his hands when he tossed it in the bowl.

“Think you can sit up?”

She held out the water and Red rinsed out his mouth before spitting into the bowl and propping himself back against the tub. Liz flushed the toilet and left the room. Although he wasn’t thrilled with her seeing him like this he certainly did not want her to leave and the man barely held back a whimper. He longed to follow her but his body would not cooperate and for the first time in a long time he felt the sharp sting of panic.

Fortunately this didn’t last long because while his fevered brain tried to make sense of things Liz was already returning to his side with a handkerchief in hand. He watched in awe at how effortless it looked for her form to seat itself next to him, gently guiding him till his head was back in her lap. Gratefully he clutched the cloth against his nose as the shift in position made it start running again. Her hands were gentle as she took the kitchen towel off the back of his neck and rubbed it along his head and neck.

“Your fever’s back up.” Her words were quiet and came out sounding much calmer than how she felt. Internally her mind was racing wondering who she should call if he got sicker and she was thankful he couldn’t see her face while he was curled on his side.

Dabbing at his nose he pulled the handkerchief away just long enough to speak, “I’m truly sorry about all of this.”

Her muscles twitched as anger unexpectedly rushed through her, “You never need to apologize for getting sick.”

If he felt better Red probably would have argued; instead he settled for, “Okay.”

Liz stayed there rubbing the cool cloth along his body until a shiver ran down Red’s spine.

“You ready to try standing?”

He shifted to where he was sitting and she could tell his balance wasn’t quite there. She watched almost mesmerized as his glassy eyes looked about trying to stabilize, then something just short of confusion crossed his features as his breath hitched. Liz put a steadying hand on his back as Red slumped forward into the handkerchief, head jerking with the force of the two muffled explosions.

“Bless you.”

She continued to apply steadying pressure as Red’s body vibrated from the effort it took to empty his sinuses into the cloth. When he was finished blowing he wiped at the base of his nose and replied with a mostly clear, “Thank you.”

Sitting up a little straighter, Red moved his head a little. “I don’t think standing is in the cards yet.”

“Okay.” Now that he was sitting straighter Liz allowed herself to lean against him, head resting in the crook of his neck. “Let me know when you are ready.”

Despite the all encompassing pain of sickness Red relaxed as he let his body get lost in the warmth of having Lizzie next to him. After a minute the room wavered a little less and his stomach settled. Sensing a change in his demeanor, Liz sat up.

“Ready?”

Red nodded and allowed Liz to help support him up. Steadying himself against the counter he asked for a moment and Liz nodded before leaving to prepare some tea and meds.

“I don’t think so mister.” Liz blocked the hallway with her body as Red tried to go back to the living room.

“Lizzz.” She had never heard Red whine before, but he did a pretty good job at it.

“Nuh uh, I have the bed all set up for you.”

Clearly she had put in some effort and he didn’t want to ignore that, but he also didn’t want to lay alone where he couldn’t feel her. He could push past her, but that seemed reckless and stupid as she held a cup of tea in her hands.

His head drooped a little as he acquiesced and turned towards the bedroom. He hadn’t thought he had taken that much extra time in the bathroom, but apparently it was enough. The bed was arranged with pillows along the headboard and the sheets turned down. The bedside table had a similar set up as the coffee table, handkerchiefs, tissues, a cup of tea, and meds. And the trash can that was once in the living room was emptied and placed in front of the table, obviously for just in case. His book previously by his side of the bed had been moved and Liz set her tea down on the other side table next to his book’s new resting spot as she sat on top of the covers near there. A smile spread across his lips at the realization she wasn’t abandoning him there. He sat down and took the medicine that Liz had carefully laid out in front of the bottles before grabbing a handkerchief and sinking into the comfortable mattress. He gave a contented sigh as he slid further underneath the covers, pressing his head against Liz’s hip.

“Would you like me to start at the bookmark?”

He nodded against her before coughing into his cloth laden hand.

“I LOVE YOU BY CARL SANDBERG             

I love you for what you are, but I love you yet more for what you are going to be.
I love you not so much for your realities as for your ideals. I pray for your desires that they may be great, rather than for your satisfactions, which may be so hazardously little.
A satisfied flower is one whose petals are about to fall. The most beautiful rose is one hardly more than a bud wherein the pangs and ecstasies of desire are working for a larger and finer growth. Not always shall you be what you are now.” Liz’s voice complemented the poem and brought it the same life as Red was accustomed to when reading it himself, but then her voice caught for a second and he looked up to see a tear form in her eye. Without viewing the page he continued with eyes fixed on her, “You are going forward toward something great. I am on the way with you and therefore I love you.”

Liz rolled her eyes and looked at the wall as she swiped at their dampness.

“I am sorry to have upset you.”

“Sorry not sorry,” Liz gave a challenging look before adding in a softer voice, “Go to sleep Red.” Then she continued on with the reading.

The place she was resting on rumbled. As the shaking got more intense Liz slowly came into consciousness. Her body had slid down in sleep and Red had rolled away from her trying to suppress the coughs escaping his lungs.

As her body curled against his she whispered in his ear, “Just breathe.”

Unfortunately his body refused to follow the instructions and Red continued to curl further in on himself.

When soothing words didn’t help Liz stretched her muscles while removing herself from the soft comfortable bed. Returning with a spoonful of golden honey it was easy to get the man to open up. The coughs became shorter rasps as Red sucked on the spoon.

“Sorry for waking you.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Liz stood up and stretched a little more. Her watch said Tom would be coming home soon and she debated what to do.

“You should go home to him.” The statement was unfeeling and empty. “I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure? You really haven’t been doing too good today. It’s just Tom is leaving for a week long conference and I haven’t been home much,” she argued with herself but stopped in silence when Red reached out and took her hand in his.

“Lizzie, it is okay. I’ll probably just sleep a lot anyways.” He yawned for what was probably added effect.

“Promise to call if you get worse?”

“I promise.”

Liz drove home with a knot in her stomach. She worried and questioned her decision a million times almost turning back several times. But Tom had been so good to her and tried his best to be understanding of her crazy schedule.

When she arrived Tom was in the bedroom finishing up some last minute packing. Liz walked in the room and he immediately stopped what he was doing to come give her a hug.

“Hey sweetheart, didn’t expect you to be home so soon.” Their hug was deep and loving but her mind was still having trouble focusing on someone besides Red. “You okay?”

“Hmmm, yeah, just feeling a little off.”

Tom reached up and brushed her hair to the side feeling her forehead. “I hope I didn’t pass anything on from my students. The flu has been making its rounds.”

“Yeah, it’s been making its way around my office as well, it’s probably nothing though.” She sat next to his suitcase and eyed its contents, mostly business dress stuff and a few more casual items. “Looks like you’re about ready.”

“You sure you’re okay. They don’t really need me there. I can cancel.” He was standing up against her now, eyes looking down into hers as he stroked fingers through her soft hair.

“I’ll be fine, besides I’ll be at work mostly and it’s a good chance for you to get away for a little bit.” Liz smiled lovingly at her husband. It wasn’t often he got the chance to travel and get a change in scenery.

“Maybe I don’t want to get away from you.” He nudged playfully.

Her evening with Tom almost made Liz forget about Reddington… almost. She tossed and turned through the night constantly eyeing her phone. Tom wrapped an arm around Liz as he spooned her from behind and questioned, “Waiting on a case.”

“Yeah” she lied, “I got home early because there was no more progress to be made today,” a side glance at the clock made her correct herself, “yesterday.”

“I get it, but for now it’s not ringing and I don’t have to leave for another… 3 hours.” Liz giggled as he rolled her towards him suggestively.

As soon as Tom left that morning, Liz got approval to go back to Red’s. Part of her expected him to be fine and acting as if nothing ever happened. The other part wondered if he would be dead.

Red opened the door before Liz knocked. He didn’t look that much worse than yesterday, but he certainly didn’t look better either. A towel hung around his neck and she suspected he had just gotten out of the shower. His eyes presented dark bags beneath them and his cheeks were almost as red as his raw looking nose. A reddish hue rose up the bridge as his nostrils flared and he covered with the pristine white fluffy towel.

“HUReHSHH… huh,” he moved the towel slightly away and looked up taking a large breath before crashing back into the cloth, “eHSHHHHuh! Ugh. Pardon”

“Bless you, you were supposed to tell me if you got worse.”

Red turned towards the couch and listened as she shut the door and followed him into where he flopped down on the couch.

“I am getting better. I was able to keep toast down and I showered without passing out. I think we should count that as a win.”

Liz smiled sympathetically. “Can I get you anything?”

“Tea… heh… would be hRSCHHHUH… excuse me, would be lovely.”

“Bless you. I think I can handle that.”

“And bless you again,” she added as she walked to the kitchen while he was preparing for another sneeze.

After a particularly nasty triple Liz entered the room, tea in hand.

“Jeeze , bless you.”

Red rubbed up and down the bridge of his nose aggravated, “It won’t stop.”

Liz placed the tea on the coffee table and put a hand on Red’s back as he rocketed forward into the towel again.

“et’SCHHH, hRSHOOuh, hrTSCHHhhh! Excuse be.” Red dabbed at his nose with the towel.

“Bless you. Here.” Liz took a tissue and dabbed at the man’s eyes while handing him another one.

“Blow.”

“Thank you.” Red said appreciatively before gently blowing into the tissue. Balling it up he tossed it and continued the process with a few more before taking what he assumed to be his cup off the coffee table. The liquid soothed his throat but made his nose run and twitch. Thankfully Liz happened to have set her drink down and was able to grab his as he muffled his nose against his arm.

“PSHHH, TSCH,” he tried to stifle at first but clearly that was only making matters worse as he felt his eyes begin to stream again, “heh h’ETSHOooo!”

“Bless you.”

“Thank you Lizzie.”

Using one hand Red grabbed a handkerchief from the table and cleaned himself up a bit before taking the tea back from Liz. He assumed she would go back to drinking her own tea but was pleasantly surprised when she yawned and leaned against him, curling her legs up onto the couch. Easing back a little he sipped at his drink and enjoyed the warmth of her body next to him. As Red finished he turned his head to the side and coughed against the back of his hand, trying to hold it back as much as possible. The feeling of him vibrating beneath her head made it hurt a little so Liz sat up and placed a hand on his back.

“Would you like to watch a movie?” She suggested as before moving towards the TV cabinets.

He cleared his throat before answering, “Yes, your choice.”

There was a large selection of foreign films and mostly older black and white movies. She picked out one where the case was worn down as if it had been well appreciated.

“Excellent choice. I first saw that in Rome while visiting lady Brie ‘huh’ Briella. ‘Heh’ excu… eKSHOooo excuse me.”

“Bless you,” Liz continued to fiddle with the movie and placed it in the player while smirking, “Maybe your stories will have to wait til you can speak in full sentences again.”

“Ha ha.” Red said flatly before scrubbing at his nose and blowing.

“Would you like to stretch out?” Liz wasn’t sure if she should sit in the chair or where on the couch he would like her.

“As annoying as it is, I think sitting is helping clear my head a bit.” He did his best to alter his posture to indicate she could sit on the couch, and instead of just sitting as he had expected, she laid down taking up the rest of the couch space and rested her head on his lap.

“Good, I’m tired.”

Red smiled and arranged the duvet over her body before resting a hand on her head, fingers swirling in her hair.

“You’ve been sleeping a lot lately,” he contemplated.

“Look who’s talking,” she yawned, “besides someone keeps sending us after criminals who never seem to sleep.”

Although it was a reasonable explanation given their circumstances, he didn’t want to think about what he expected to be the true culprit as a guilty feeling settled within him.

I don't know this series, but I really like what you've written and am looking forward to more!

• 11 months later...

Oh my gosh, I know this is almost a year old now, but I've recently binged this show and am totally obsessed! This was so great.... Wish you'd continue 😊