Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stop being so stubborn ("Bloodlines" series/ Adrian Ivashov sick/m)

2410Ar

Hello this is my  Richelle Mead's "Bloodlines" series fanfiction. I'm sorry if my English is not good. There is no sneezing in this part but the second one is coming and I think there will be a lot of sneezy Adrian. :)) I post it second time because I had to change the title a little and I had no idea how to edit it in the old post. 

Brayden smelled like coffee. He always does. I will never get tired of that.
Our shared time was about to end. I had to go pick Adrian up from his apartment and then drive him to Clarence's for feeding. Jill and Angeline were coming with Eddie. 
Have I already told you that you are the smartest girl I know- this brought me back from my daydreaming. Even though he told me this many times I still couldn't get used to hearing compliments.
-Well, thank you. You're very smart yourself.-I said in response. He leaned to kiss me. So I kissed him back. Once again it was nothing like other people described it. It was supposed to be magnificent but instead, all I felt was his breath on my lips. Maybe I was the problem but that was a thing I would have to overthink later because right now I was supposed to go.
I shouted goodbye to him while I was walking towards Latte. I drove to Adrian's in 10 minutes and he was already waiting for me outside the building. That was not typical behaviour of him. He would always be late but not today. He got into the car and didn't say a thing. Again not typical. Maybe he was in the middle of one of his mood shifts.
-Why so quiet?-I asked even though it was nor my responsibility to maintain the conversation or make him feel better. I just thought that was a proper thing to do. 
-I think I just really need blood, Sage. But that's not something you want to talk about am I right?-Well he was. But he had been present during the last feeding and he has never felt bad after this amount of time without blood before.
-It never happened before. Maybe it's lack of sleep. You certainly look tired. Have you slept weel?-That was all I could say while avoiding the topic of feeding. I had to remind myself that I'm talking to the vampire. I shall not be worried about his sleeping habits and most certainly he was an adult who should be able to take care of himself. But his eyes looked really tired. Even worse than during the moments when he was after the whole night of drowning his sorrows in alcohol.
-I'm fine, Sage. Are you worried about me?-he said and I could see his well-known smirk appearing on his face. Yet that did not convince me.
-It's my responsibility to keep all of you in good shape. And I'm sure that you're not at your best right now.
-I wouldn't agree. I feel transcendent, Sage. Just drive us both safely to Clarence and after we're back I'll go straight to bed. Fine?- He didn't argue with me. That was unexpected. So something was definitely wrong with him today but if he doesn't want to tell me and claims that's because of blood what can I do about it?  The rest of the journey was quiet. No one was trying to begin the conversation. Adrian was leaning against the window with closed eyes until we reached our destination. When we finally arrived at Clarence's the rest was already there waiting for us in the living room. Jill has previously left with Dorothy and was feeding right now. The thought of that hit me hard and still made me uncomfortable but it was better than in the beginning. I was no longer freaking out. I was just concerned over Adrian. I hoped that he would get blood as soon as we're here but now he has to wait. 
-Hi there. What took you so long?- The first one to welcome us was Eddie.
He moved on the couch to make some space for us. I was about to sit down but when I looked at Adrian he was even paler than when we were driving here. 
-I think that Adrain should lay down. He didn't seem well in the car and I suppose he should rest before it's his time to go to Dorothy.
-I told you, Sage, that I am just fine. But it's delightful to see your solicitude about me.- He was trying to act tough. But I knew him.
-Shut up, please. And just lay down.-I was rude but he wouldn't accept it any other way. 
-Believe me or not I can take care of myself and I don't need you to tell me when or where should I lay down and rest. I think I'm just going to wait for my turn standing in the kitchen so excuse me.- He was really angry with me. I shouldn't have worried about him. He was right who was I to tell him what to do. After those words, he turned back and left to the kitchen as he said.
-What was I just a witness of?- Asked Eddie when Adrian couldn't hear us anymore.
-Well, ask him not me. He looked tired all the way here and he's even paler now so I thought that he should rest but why would he ever listen to any good advice?- I was more outraged than I ought to be.
-It doesn't matter actually. Let's just get done with this feeding so we can go.- I added quickly. There was still a ride back with Adrian waiting for me but I concluded that we could just spend it in silence as we did before.
We were all sitting in quietness after that. Then a moment later Jill showed up. With this huge smile, she would always have after feeding.  She was a water user so living here in the middle of the dessert was not convenient to her and those short moments when she was full of energy where rare but filled with happiness. Except that for this time her smile faded as quickly as it appeared. 
-Where is Adrian?-She asked. Openly concerned about him.
-He's in the kitchen- Eddie explained. She should already know that regarding the fact that she was bonded to him.
-Jailbait, You looked better with a smile on- Adrian entered the room.
-Is this my time to feed? I am starving.-He added. He was sweating now and his cheeks were flushed.
-You okay?- Jill said but after a moment she gave him a nod about something he must have made her aware of by bond. After that Adrian went to the room where Dorothy was waiting for him.
-Sydney? Can we talk somewhere face to face? It's about Adrian.-
I knew something was wrong with him and that was my chance to find out what. So I simply nodded in agreement and went to the kitchen which was now empty.
-It's not because of blood-She said as quickly as she was sure we were alone
-Did he use too much spirit?-That was my second and last guess about his current shape.
-No, that's not it. He doesn't want you to see him weak but I'm worried about him. Can you make sure that he's okay once you drive him back?
-No problem.- Of course, I can but I'm still mad at him. 
We waited for Adrian to end with Dorothy and then we split up to two groups. 
While I was alone with Adrian in the car I could see that he didn't look much better. I stopped the car on the roadside. He was in the same position as on the way to Clarence. Leaning against the window with closed eyes but not asleep. It took a moment for him to realise we stopped.
-Why did we stop?- He asked with a weak voice. I felt sorry for him but then I remembered how he treated me when I wanted him to rest.
-I'm sick of you trying to lie to me. Tell me what's wrong so that I can help, please.
-I told you I'm fine. Just drive me back to my apartment. If that's not possible I can walk. I am just tired that's all, Sage. No need to worry. I'm a big bad vampire, remember?
-You're not bad just stubborn right now Adrian- after I said that I reached for his hand. He must know that I see someone amazing in him not just a creature of the night. And the moment I touched his skin I realized he had a fever.
-Oooh, Adrian, you're burning up. Are you sick? Is that even possible for a vampire to get sick?
-I have a better immune system but I can still be sick sometimes. Anyway, I just feel a little bit under the weather today. Nothing serious, Sage-He said so. But I could see that he was flushing and sweating and I don't know how on Earth I didn't realise he was sick before.
-Let's get you to bed.- I gave him a blanket from the car trunk and then started the engine.  A few moments later he was asleep. 
When we arrived at his apartment I waited in a car for a moment because I had no heart to wake him. But I had to come back for the curfew and still wanted to make sure he is safely in bed when I leave. So I shook him gently and he woke up immediately. He leaned against me and we slowly walked towards his apartment. When we were inside I helped him get to bed. 
-How are you feeling?- I asked him but I could tell that he was getting worse just from looking at him. I brushed away his hair that was adhering to his forehead. He looked so vulnerable. He was going to respond but instead, he burst into a cough.
-Never been better, Sage- He answered after a while and then smiled at me. Even with the fever he somehow managed to look attractive. How on Earth did he do that? I looked straight into his green eyes which were now glassy with fever. And to my own astonishment tears started to fall down my cheeks. 
-Why didn't you tell me you were sick? What would I have done if something happened to you? What if I wouldn't realize that you're sick and you would stay here alone with this fever?- I reminded myself of Jill and the way she would just spit words out of her mouth at high speed when she was affected by the topic. Adrian sat on the bed and pulled me closer to hug me. He started to gently rub the back of my head.
-Hush-He tried to calm me down. But I was sobbing so loudly and I couldn't stop. I cared about him and I just became aware of how awful it would be if I ever lose him. After a while, I was able to put myself together.
-You should wear something warmer. Let me find something in your closet alright?- as I said that I left the room to find something for him to change. After a moment of looking through the clothes, I found a set of pyjamas. They looked so childish that I couldn't resist a smile. I really wanted to see Adrian wearing those. Sometimes he acted like a child but he never looked like one so now it was time to change it. 
-I found something. Let's get you changed-I said while walking into the room. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with head hidden in his hands.
-Do you need help with this?-I added quickly.
-Just be honest. I know that you want to see me shirtless. And I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. - normally I would be mad at him for saying something like that. But he sounded so weak that I only smiled and started unbuttoning his shirt. It was soaked and he was shivering. When I finally managed to change him into pyjamas in which he looked adorable I helped him lay in bed and I wrapped him in blankets. 
-Do you need anything else, Adrian?-I asked whispering because he was already falling asleep. 
-No. Thank you, Sydney, really-he called me by my name. My heart started pounding like crazy. Why did I feel this way? He was my friend and I helped him because he is sick. I shouldn't be excited or happy that he thanked me. I should leave because something suspicious was going on here. 
-Call me if you need anything. I'll be going now so that I won't be late for curfew.- After saying that I left and drove to the school. I managed to get there fifteen minutes before quiet hours. That was a very draining day and I have no idea what caused it. I could still feel my heart's atypical rhythm. I thought about Adrian's green eyes and his cheeks flushed with fever and with his image on my mind I fell asleep. I didn't take long and I got drawn into the spirit dream. My dream was shuttering and Adrian's apartment started showing in it's place. It was horrific. Magic. I was covered with it I could feel it on my skin and in the air which I was inhaling. I hated it but then I saw him. He looked better than when I left him but I had no idea if it was his real current state or just the one he made for me in the dream. 
-Why did you put me in you dream? You know I hate it. I hope it's an emergency- Truely I hoped it wasn't. What if he made this dream to intimate something really bad happened and I have to take care of it. Well, I realized it was not probable and the most realistic scenario contains the fact that Adrian was just bored and wanted to talk. 
-I'm sorry Sage, I just missed your presence. And I thought that with consideration of my current health state you may want to make me feel a little bit better. 
-Let me go-I whispered. He knew I hated it. I hated magic, I was scared of it. I couldn't breathe normally with the fought of being surrounded by it. Why was he so selfish.
-What did you say, Sage? Even though it's a magical dream you have to talk out loud for me to be able to hear you. 
-Why are you so selfish. I took care of you. I always do and you can't respect the fact that I hate magic. I thought you cared about me and yet here we are in your spirit dream or whatever it is called. Let me out!-I was shouting. After a second I felt something wet running down my cheeks. I was crying.
-What you did to me?-I was sobbing. Again. It was so not like me. 
-I'm sorry, Sa...- Adrian started walking towards me but he was overwhelmed by a coughing fit. And I moment later I woke up in my own bed.