Sneeze Fetish Forum

Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere (SPN, Dean)

jensdw

Well, I’m sitting here debating with myself about whether I should post this or not.

It’s been a while, so please, if this sucks, have mercy on me! ;) 

(takes place while Sam’s in stanford)

California, 2003

They were at a diner somewhere in California. They’d been there once before when they were checking up on Sam, although Sam never knew about them being there. 

This time around, John had asked Sam if they could go and talk things out. He figured it could be nice, although they hadn’t anticipated the rain. Maybe that was why Sam was late. The weather. He couldn’t have been standing them up, right?

Right?

Dean hacked a dry cough into his napkin while John stared out the window, the dreary day going on without him. Dean checked the cheap watch on his wrist. 

11:45 A.M. 

John had told Sam they could meet at 10:30, didn’t he?

Didn’t he?

Maybe Sam had just forgotten. Or had Sam thought that they wanted to meet at 10:30 P.M., rather than 10:30 A.M.?

“Dad, maybe we should head out.” Dean dared to say.

John probably would’ve smacked Dean then and there if it wasn’t so crowded in that run-down, crappy diner. 

“Just a little longer, Son.” John said flatly. 

Dean sighed, then sneezed a double into cupped hands and excused himself to the bathroom. 

On arrival, the room seemed to be empty. Dean even checked each stall.

He hadn’t really needed to use the bathroom. Maybe he left to blow his nose, or maybe it was just an escape from the dead silence at their table. Dean was tired. He was worn down and sick and the only reason he agreed to drive down to California on that dumb trip with his father was because he...sort of...caused it.

Dean stifled a sneeze into his wrist and  watched his reflection in the mirror. The dark circles beneath his eyes almost stood out more than the redness of his nose. He knew he was getting worse, but the only person who wanted Dean going to a doctor less than Dean, was John.

Besides, the Tylenol seemed to be doing it’s job of keeping the fever at bay. The fever that had kept the two up several of the previous nights. The fever that made Dean call out Sam’s name. The fever that made Dean think it was a smart idea to convince his drunk father to arrange a meeting with Sam.

“Let’s talk it out, Sammy. Let’s reconcile. Tomorrow, 10:30, at that little diner across the street from your apartment.”

“I dunno, dad...”

“See ya there, Sammy-boy.”

Dean sneezed twice more into his sleeve and gave a loud blow into a cluster of toilet paper. 

As soon as he tossed the used paper in the trash, John came bursting through the door.

“Let’s go, Dean.”

“Yessir.” Dean sniffed and followed behind his dad thinking that maybe one day he would see Sam again. And as unrealistic as it seemed, maybe one day the Winchesters would be a family again, too.

Edited by jensdw

Welcome back! As always, I really enjoyed this. The idea of Dean being sick and calling out Sam's name in his fever delusions were perfect. Great work!

Please never debate on whether to post a story or not - post it! I like your style :) Ummm, and the topic of your writing ;) So welcome back! Will there be more to this story or is it a one-shot? I like what's here very much :heart:

5 hours ago, helyzelle said:

Please never debate on whether to post a story or not - post it! I like your style :) Ummm, and the topic of your writing ;) So welcome back! Will there be more to this story or is it a one-shot? I like what's here very much :heart:

100% agreed.

Thank you for posting l enjoyed it a lot! Poor Dean misses his brother 

Gotta say, I love the fact that Dean isn’t trying to hide being sick in this story.. it’s really refreshing for a change.  

And very well written. Thank you. Hope there’s more. :) 

I agree - just post it. Everyone is so kind on this forum. It's a safe place to share.

And WTF Sam? John's makin' an effort.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, jensdw said:

He hadn’t really needed to use the bathroom. Maybe he left to blow his nose, or maybe it was just an escape from the dead silence at their table. Dean was tired. He was worn down and sick and the only reason he agreed to drive down to California on that dumb trip with his father was because he...sort of...caused it.

I was like, huh?

On 3/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, jensdw said:

Besides, the Tylenol seemed to be doing it’s job of keeping the fever at bay. The fever that had kept the two up several of the previous nights. The fever that made Dean call out Sam’s name. The fever that made Dean think it was a smart idea to convince his drunk father to arrange a meeting with Sam.

Then I was like, Ohhhhh, shit. I liked the wording, I liked the feeling it conveyed. And I'm curious to know why Sam stood them up.