Sneeze Fetish Forum

Your first language..?

taléya*

On 26.11.2017 at 8:54 AM, taléya** said:

In my homeland we have two different ways to bless male or female and the responds are also not the same. 

You can distinguish it from the last character of the word.

With an "o" or an "a".

In Russia we add "a" in the end when speaking to a female :)

Russian "bud' zdarov(a)" can be translated as "be healthy"!

Interesting reading all of the answers!

My first language is Italian, and when someone sneezes we say “salute!” that literally means ‘health’, so we wish the sneezer to be healthy  :) 

Sometimes, only between close friends said as a joke we say “crepa!” and it means ‘die’ 😅 so, yeah only to be told as a joke! It usually happens if the person is sneezing a lot or is quite a loud sneezer! 

On 11/28/2017 at 0:18 PM, Aliena H. said:

In French, we say "à tes souhaits" (if you talk to someone you're close to), and "à vos souhaits" if it's someone you're not close to. It means... I don't know how to translate it, maybe "I wish you well"?

Out of curiosity (having picked this up from when I was learning French), is it true that if a person sneezes a second time, you say "à tes/vos amours"? Because I thought that was sweet.

My native language being English, I have nothing to add to the conversation personally, but I do have a related question if there are any fetishists here who happen to be Welsh or know the language pretty well. I was trying to find what the Welsh for "bless you" was for...reasons, and I found the word/phrase "Bendithia 'ch". Is that a specific response to a sneeze, or is that just a general blessing?

@Wig_Powder Yes, you can say "à tes/vos amours" for the second sneeze. It's not frequent though, and I've personally only heard it from prople over 60 years old (mostly my grandmother, in fact). I used to say it at some point because, just like you, I found it sweet, but I had too many questions and comments about that ("oh, why do you say that?" and "what a strange thing to say, I had never heard that before"...) so I stopped, because I don't like to draw too much attention to me when people are sneezing around. :sweatdrop: But, as my grandmother explained to me, the tradition is that after the second sneeze, the sneeze answers "que les tiennes durent toujours" (as the other person has wished love to person who sneezed, he  reciprocates the feeling by saying he hopes the other will be loved forever). I hope I'm being clear, it's a bit hard to explain or translate.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, Aliena H. said:

@Wig_Powder Yes, you can say "à tes/vos amours" for the second sneeze. It's not frequent though, and I've personally only heard it from prople over 60 years old (mostly my grandmother, in fact). I used to say it at some point because, just like you, I found it sweet, but I had too many questions and comments about that ("oh, why do you say that?" and "what a strange thing to say, I had never heard that before"...) so I stopped, because I don't like to draw too much attention to me when people are sneezing around. :sweatdrop: But, as my grandmother explained to me, the tradition is that after the second sneeze, the sneeze answers "que les tiennes durent toujours" (as the other person has wished love to person who sneezed, he  reciprocates the feeling by saying he hopes the other will be loved forever). I hope I'm being clear, it's a bit hard to explain or translate.

although not my first language, I'm a spanish major and we say something similar- first sneeze is salud (health), second sneeze is amor (love) and the third is dinero (money) I'm not sure if there's anything specific beyond 3, but I always thought it was a cute tradition!

On ‎18‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:24 PM, ham4ham said:

although not my first language, I'm a spanish major and we say something similar- first sneeze is salud (health), second sneeze is amor (love) and the third is dinero (money) I'm not sure if there's anything specific beyond 3, but I always thought it was a cute tradition!

My grandma lives in Nicaragua and she also uses salud, amor and dinero if someone has to sneeze (repeated).

Do you know if it is a rife response to sneezing in Central America / South America? 

com cariño :) 

On ‎18‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:20 AM, ukrsneeze said:

Russian and Ukrainian as I was born in Ukraine :) 

Hello ukrsneeze,

I have read one answer from peach_princess and she told us in russian you say 'bud zdarov' if someone sneezed.

Do you answer the same phrase in Ukraine?

I always thought russian from Russia and Ukraine differs a bit in the pronunciation and grammar? :) 

11 hours ago, taléya** said:

Hello ukrsneeze,

I have read one answer from peach_princess and she told us in russian you say 'bud zdarov' if someone sneezed.

Do you answer the same phrase in Ukraine?

I always thought russian from Russia and Ukraine differs a bit in the pronunciation and grammar? :) 

yeah it does differ.. so we say "bud'zdoroviy" or "na zdorovya"

what I don't like is that this phrases are often used not only after sneezes, so it makes it hard to find sneezing vids haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 0:35 AM, David said:

Is there anything close to a fetish community in the Brazilian domain?  I have been learning Portuguese in my free time for a while now, and anything I come up with (granted i am not great, especially with internet slang) mentioning being attracted to sneezing is basically "ew, you need to see a psychologist."  It's depressing! 

I think that's the average situation in South America, but not only about the sneeze fetish, I have never met someone with a fetish here actually :'D The only thing I have ever heard about is a girl who's my cousin's friend's friend lol who's into bdsm, and see, she's famous :D.  Not sure if fetishes are less common or we are still too..shy about it.  Watcha think @EvaBloom

And @taléya**  about "Salud, dinero, amor" it depends on the person, the situation, so on. I for example only say bless you in very specific situations and I don't really expect even friends to bless me either, it's not a big deal.  But I have heard between family members also (somewhat in fun) "health!", "money!", "love!", and then whatever they come up with "good sex!" "a new wife!" 

3 minutes ago, Rather.Doubtful said:

I think that's the average situation in South America, but not only about the sneeze fetish, I have never met someone with a fetish here actually :'D The only thing I have ever heard about is a girl who's my cousin's friend's friend lol who's into bdsm, and see, she's famous :D.  Not sure if fetishes are less common or we are still too..shy about it.  Watcha think @EvaBloom ? 

And @taléya**  about "Salud, dinero, amor" it depends on the person, the situation, so on. I for example only say bless you in very specific situations and I don't really expect even friends to bless me either, it's not a big deal.  But I have heard between family members also (somewhat in fun) "health!", "money!", "love!", and then whatever they come up with "good sex!" "a new wife!" 

Ohh also "Santinho"? As in little saint?

18 hours ago, Rather.Doubtful said:

I think that's the average situation in South America, but not only about the sneeze fetish, I have never met someone with a fetish here actually :'D The only thing I have ever heard about is a girl who's my cousin's friend's friend lol who's into bdsm, and see, she's famous :D.  Not sure if fetishes are less common or we are still too..shy about it.  Watcha think @EvaBloom

Never met someone with some kind of fetish in person, actually... But one of my friends has a coughing fetish, I guess that's... the only one I know? :laugh:

I think there aren't much people that admit their fetishes in South America, wich makes me feel like a weirdo sometimes, because I'm not afraid of telling anyone about my sneezing thing :huh: In my opinion, it seems like this place lacks fetishes because everyone is just afraid of someone else judging them, or that's what I'd like to think.

That's very interesting!  Thank you (both south americans) for giving your two cents about the subject.

mas o me causa a ficar com triste :(

Edit: I would love to get better at Portuguese in a non fetish way.  So if anyone wants to chat/skype I could help with English too (but you guys seem to be great at it).

Edited by David

I am from Brazil, here we speak portuguese but it's different from Portugal portuguese, especially the accent, accentuation and some words. Here we speak ''Saúde'' when someone sneezes that mean ''Health'' (i think this has already been said here) or ''Deus te abençoe'' that means exactly ''God bless you'', (but this last one is falling in disuse.)

Very occasionally, in Dutch, people also say "proost" after someone sneezes, which always maaaaaajorly squicked me out as it means "cheers". :P

On ‎06‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 6:53 AM, Rather.Doubtful said:

Ohh also "Santinho"? As in little saint?

Hello,

I am sorry my answer is late but you are right can translate 'santinho / santinha' with 'little saint'.

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 1:25 AM, OrangeRibbon said:

I am from Brazil, here we speak portuguese but it's different from Portugal portuguese, especially the accent, accentuation and some words. Here we speak ''Saúde'' when someone sneezes that mean ''Health'' (i think this has already been said here) or ''Deus te abençoe'' that means exactly ''God bless you'', (but this last one is falling in disuse.)

Olá OrangeRibbon,

yes you are right, portuguese from Portugal and Brazil differs in the accent and the accentuation:)

In Portugal we say santinho or santinha, in some cases saúde, but it is not often used.

I see you are new to the Forum so - bem-vinda e abraços :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Eu digo santinho ou santinha, o meu pai já diz saúde  :)

Bem vinda ao fórum taléya, ainda não tinha conhecido ninguém português por aqui!

Edited by Steelswarm
20 hours ago, Steelswarm said:

Eu digo santinho ou santinha, o meu pai já diz saúde  :)

Bem vinda ao fórum taléya, ainda não tinha conhecido ninguém português por aqui!

Olá Steelswarm :) 

Como estás?

obrigada - but they wrote we have to write / speak in english for *public replies*.

So, thank you for your reply and I hope you are fine.

Desejo-te uma boa noite, cuida-te:byewave:

Oh yeah, my bad, sorry about that. I Hope you are doing fine and having fun on the forum as well :)

• 2 months later...
beijoseternura
Thank you for this post - your answers were all interesting to read.
I could add the Kurdish and Turkish blessings for you all. Kurdish is a persian language and spoken in parts of southeastern Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq. If someone sneezes, you answer with 'xwêrbe'. In Turkish you say 'Çok yaşa' or 'Mutluluklar' - but the first blessing is much more in common. 
It means you wish a long and healthy life.
Generally - people here always bless each other. Some even expect it from you, if you don't bless them - they remind you that they just sneezed and you did not answer them..
My neighbor is from Greece and he told me - in Greek you bless someone with 'γείτσες' you can pronounce it like 'jitses'.

olá  @taléya** and  @Steelswarm - I am happy to meet two users from Portugal. I really like your blessing 'santinho' or 'santinha'.. Your pai says 'saúde'? This makes him the first person I know who answers / responses this way. Sadly I only had one opportunity until now to bless someone in Portuguese. I hope you are fine and have a nice day :).
  • 2 weeks later...
beijoseternura

Hello, I thought since not many people here will speak Kurdish or Turkish language I can explain to you all how you pronounce the blessings in this languages. 

First I thought of recording an audio for you all - but I think I am too shy to do it..

so I try to write it down.

For Turkish blessing: the letter ç is pronounced as a 'tsh' and the letter ş like 'sh' so you say 'tshok jasha' 

For Kurdish blessing: the letters xw are always 'pronounced' with your throat. Maybe you can imagine better if you think of the Arabian language? So you answer with 'chêrbe'. Every ê is pronounced more forceful than the regular e.  

There are also situations in which the person who sneezed says 'alhamdullilah' it is the Arabic word to explain you are grateful. But I can't explain exactly why it is. In Arabian countries some people say a prayer after someone sneezed and the person who did has to answer with another prayer. If someone of you is interested I can look for you in a book.

In general they say after someone sneezed more than three times in a row they won't respond anymore - because the person is possibly ill and they don't want to embarrass him or her, or remind of the illness. 

I hope you liked the little lesson and you are all fine :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 5:04 PM, Wig_Powder said:

My native language being English, I have nothing to add to the conversation personally, but I do have a related question if there are any fetishists here who happen to be Welsh or know the language pretty well. I was trying to find what the Welsh for "bless you" was for...reasons, and I found the word/phrase "Bendithia 'ch". Is that a specific response to a sneeze, or is that just a general blessing?

For the curious, I wound up answering my own question on this. I plucked up the nerve to ask a Welsh person (anonymously, which helped) on Tumblr how you bless someone in Welsh, and they said it was simply "Bendith". Knowing Welsh, though, it's more complicated to pronounce than it looks...