• RachTheCool

• Secret Sneezer

• 2SHY222

• JQLovesSneezes

1 minute ago, RachTheCool said:

Thanks!! :D

you're welcome!

Just now, 2SHY222 said:

:heart: I'm dying to know how she pulls this off or if the guys ruin everything ??

I'm glad you're excited!!! Next part will be soon; this fic is pretty high on my priorities list.

1 hour ago, JQLovesSneezes said:

I love Ranka so much! xD Poor Haruhi :heart:

Glad you are enjoying this!!! ^_^

Sorry Guys, I tooootally forgot that I hadn’t posted this yet! And to @JQLovesSneezes who said something along the lines of “Poor Haruhi!”, that feeling is going to be amplified in this chapter ;)

(Part 5)

Haruhi forced a smile as she wobbled over to the table. Her father was sitting across from her, a plate of food sitting in front of her. Haruhi poked around her food with her fork as Ranka shot her a worried look.

“Haruhi.” One concerned word got Haruhi to jerk her head up, giving him her complete attention. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

Haruhi was dumbfounded. She did have to eat, after all. Her fever was pretty high, if her father found out now he would start to suspect that she overworked herself. Before she could let him find out, she would have to cool her fever a bit. Slowly, resentfully, she took a bite of the meat that was laid out for her. “Ngg… Mmmrm!” She gave a thumbs up, her face filled with pain and discomfort. She struggled to swallow the food, after awhile it finally slipped down her sore throat. At this point, Haruhi was the definition of misery.

Ranka returned the thumbs up, though, inside, he was more than worried about her. It wasn’t hard to see through her fake smile and shaky eyes. Something was wrong with Haruhi, and Ranka was going to find out.

Once Haruhi forced the meal down her stomach, she excused herself from the table, deeming that she was tired and that she was going to call it an early night. She wasn’t going to go straight to her room, though. After forcing herself to eat her father’s food (not that it was bad or anything,) Haruhi was going to throw up.

“Wait.” Ranka grabbed her arm as she tried to walk up the stairs. “Haruhi… You know you can tell me anything, right? I can tell that something is wrong.”

Haruhi cleared her throat so that her voice wouldn’t come out as hoarse and scratchy as it would’ve. It didn’t work as well as it would’ve, but it was slightly better. She swallowed the nausea and dizziness welling up inside her. “Wh-what are you talking about? I’m fine.” She tried to pull away, but her father persisted.

“No, something is definitely wrong. You can tell me anything! I’m your father!” He struggled to pull her down, but Haruhi just wouldn’t give in. At this moment, he would’ve sworn, she was being as stubborn as a donkey!

Haruhi was miserable. Her nose was completely blocked and she really needed to sneeze. In fact, she really wanted to sneeze. She simply wanted to get the congestion out of her nose so that she could breathe again. “I-hih- I’m fine. N-Nothing’s heh-! Wrong, dad. I- ihh-”

Ihhh-” Haruhi’s eyes fluttered closed as she finally gave in. She hardly had any energy, she wasn’t going to waste the little amount that she had on not sneezing. “Huhh- HUUUITTSHYUU! Ughh-! HAHHHTCHSUU! HUUHENNNTSHHCHUU!” Instead of the normal, adorable, girlish sneezes, these ones were forceful and exhausting. She gave several long, exhausting, wet sniffles, before tumbling forward with another forceful sneeze. “HENNNTCHHHYU!

Before Ranka had a chance to object, his eyes widened as he watched his daughter’s body fall limp in front of him, falling onto the floor underneath his arms.

“Haruhi!” The faded word echoed in Haruhi’s mind before everything around her went black and her thoughts faded.

-------To be continued-----

Poor Haruhi, indeed!! :cry: I love how you write Haruhi and Ranka's relationship, Rach. :heart: I gotta say, I LOVE when characters faint from fatigue and/or illness, and you wrote out Haruhi doing so well!! :thumbsupsmiley: Keep up the awesome work!! 

49 minutes ago, JQLovesSneezes said:

Poor Haruhi, indeed!! :cry: I love how you write Haruhi and Ranka's relationship, Rach. :heart: I gotta say, I LOVE when characters faint from fatigue and/or illness, and you wrote out Haruhi doing so well!! :thumbsupsmiley: Keep up the awesome work!! 

Words cannot express how happy your replies make me!!! :whoo:

58 minutes ago, 2SHY222 said:

?? poor Haruhi. I know exactly how you feel. ??

Glad you're enjoying this (If I interpreted that post correctly)

2 hours ago, RachTheCool said:

Glad you're enjoying this (If I interpreted that post correctly)

That and I'm currently sick ??. I really love how you bring the characters to life. It's like I'm watching it instead of reading it ?

8 hours ago, 2SHY222 said:

That and I'm currently sick ??. I really love how you bring the characters to life. It's like I'm watching it instead of reading it ?

woooow!!! All these positive replies are making me so happy :rollfast:

(also i hope you feel better)

Wow, yay! I’m finally finished with this! I really enjoyed writing this, and I would like to thank all of you for sticking with me the entire time and giving me so much support! Don’t be sad because it’s over: I will never ever disappear from the forums from now until I die, and I will continue to write OHSHC because of how heavily supported I am and also because I love OHSHC :P

(Part 6)

Haruhi blinked awake, still the sniffly, sickly mess she was before she found herself here, except ten times worse. Her throat was sore before? Now her throat was burning. Her chest felt tight before? Now she was practically suffocating. Her nose felt tickly before? Speaking of which…

“Huhittn’tchyuu!”

“Oh, you’re up.”

Haruhi turned her attention to her father, who was slouching in the doorway with a look of disapproval. At this moment, he could’ve said a number of things. ‘Why didn’t you say you were sick?’ or, ‘How could you be so stubborn?’ However, he didn’t say anything among that list and simply sat beside his teenage daughter.

“Dad-”

“You passed out after dinner.” Ranka cut in, giving her a patient smile and a pat on the head. “Glad I caught you. Your fever was getting pretty close to 103.”

Haruhi swallowed, the sore lump in her throat refusing to budge and making her voice a bit more croaky and hoarse. “I’m sorry… I guess I caught something from walking home in the rain, and-”

“-No.” Ranka interjected once again, this time with a concerned frown and an expression of dissatisfaction, “That’s not why you were this bad. You were sick before, and you overworked yourself, and that’s why you’re here right now. I can tell by the temperature of your fever.” Haruhi looked down guiltily. “Your friends called to check in on you, they were apologizing for not forcing you home.

Haruhi instantly jerked her head up, her guilt becoming fear. “Dad, it’s not their fault! Please don’t-” She was instantly cut off by her father, who held a finger up to her mouth to signal that she should stop. He pulled her down so that she was sitting, rather than flailing around and worsening herself.

“Ah. So that’s what this is about. I never blamed them! In fact, they called earlier to see if you were okay. They were frantically apologizing for not forcing you to go home.

Dangit, Tamaki~Senpai! Remorse and frustration clouded Haruhi’s mind. After all, she didn’t want to let everyone down by being forced to quit the club. However, even Haruhi herself knew this was not the reason she was doing this. She enjoyed working as a host! She enjoyed it more than anything! If it weren’t for the host club, she would’ve spent her entire life studying. If it weren’t for the host club, she never actually would’ve had friends!

Buzz.

That…. Was the doorbell.

“Oh. Speaking of, they said they were coming over to check on you. That must be them.” Ranka pushed himself up to get the door. In all of Haruhi’s life, she had never seen him less reluctant to let Tamaki in. She simply groaned, pulling the blanket over her face. The host club coming over here meant lots of chaos and loud noises. Haruhi already had a headache, she didn’t really want this to happen. She rolled over and pulled a pillow over the back of her head. She didn’t exactly have the energy to stop them from coming in, so she would just have to face the inevitable.

---

Hey look guys, she’s waking up!”

Haruhi didn’t really remember falling asleep, but she found herself blinking awake to the faded voice of one of her friends. Her eyes opened, and the first thing she saw was the faces of her friends crowded around her.

“HARUHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!” Tamaki threw out his arms, running towards her bed like the imbecile he was. Lucky for both of them, Ranka threw an arm in front of him and stopped him dead in his tracks. “Hey! What’d I say about the 2 foot distance from Haruhi when she’s in her bed? Exactly. Step away.” Tamaki resentfully stepped backward before resuming his “Father-Daughter reunion”. “HARUHIII! I WAS SO WORRIED!!!!”

Haruhi only sighed turning over once again in her bed, While the other host club members seemed to simply agree by shaking their heads along with her. Tamaki and the others could mostly be annoying, but it was always fun to have them around, she had to admit. Honestly, with the company of the others she was already starting to feel better. She lifted her head slightly, giving a patient smile. “Don’t worry guys, I’ll be back in no time.”

END

Reading this over, I realized I doubled this line

4 minutes ago, RachTheCool said:

Your friends called to check in on you, they were apologizing for not forcing you home.

SORRYYYYY! I DIDN'T REALIZE THISSS!! THAT WAS MY BAD OML IM SORRYYY :oops:

Just now, RachTheCool said:

Reading this over, I realized I doubled this line

SORRYYYYY! I DIDN'T REALIZE THISSS!! THAT WAS MY BAD OML IM SORRYYY :oops:

Yknow what, Just pretend it's this lmao

6 minutes ago, RachTheCool said:

“-No.” Ranka interjected once again, this time with a concerned frown and an expression of dissatisfaction, “That’s not why you were this bad. You were sick before, and you overworked yourself, and that’s why you’re here right now. I can tell by the temperature of your fever.” Haruhi looked down guiltily. “Your friends called to check in on you.

Haruhi instantly jerked her head up, her guilt becoming fear. “Dad, it’s not their fault! Please don’t-” She was instantly cut off by her father, who held a finger up to her mouth to signal that she should stop. He pulled her down so that she was sitting, rather than flailing around and worsening herself.

“Ah. So that’s what this is about. I never blamed them! Like I said, they called earlier to see if you were okay. In fact, they were frantically apologizing for not forcing you to go home.

You write these characters well~ The ending is so sweet and cute aww

7 hours ago, lalaland~ said:

You write these characters well~ The ending is so sweet and cute aww

Aww, thanks~ I'm so glad you enjoyed it. All these positive replies make me beyond happy :D

I'm so happy you finished it! you did a great job as always! 

31 minutes ago, ihazakitty said:

I'm so happy you finished it! you did a great job as always! 

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it~ next up on the list is either Tamaki pr the twins

57 minutes ago, RachTheCool said:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it~ next up on the list is either Tamaki pr the twins

oh cool! I can't wait to read it!

7 hours ago, ihazakitty said:

oh cool! I can't wait to read it!

here! Warning: Major feels

22 minutes ago, RachTheCool said:

here! Warning: Major feels

heh, I actually don't really like the twins tbh, but I like the idea! 

1 minute ago, ihazakitty said:

heh, I actually don't really like the twins tbh, but I like the idea! 

oh no! :sad: guess I'll have to hurry up with the Tamaki fic :lol:

1 minute ago, RachTheCool said:

oh no! :sad: guess I'll have to hurry up with the Tamaki fic :lol:

oh no it's fine! you can go at your own pace, I'll be ok with whatever you make, because it'll be awesome anyway!