Sneeze Fetish Forum

After the Kiss (Yuri on Ice!!!, SS for Spoo!!)

Galaxy

omg she is done!! Yay!! I have struggled with this plot and where I wanted it to go for WEEKS now but I am so pumped that I have created something that I hope Spoo will like!!

SO, yeah, Spoo!! Happy holidays! I know you like YOI (I knew even before you listed it in your SS wishlist!!) so of COURSE I HAD TO DO YOI!

The dub is honestly so much fun, and I really like how Yuri is a bit more of an anxious nerd in it than the sub. So please imagine dub Yuri here if you so desire!! I couldn't resist tweaking canon a bit and beginning with Victor being sick during their lovely first kiss scene. Anyway!! I really hope you like this!! @Spoo

-----------

Yuri probably should have known something was amiss as soon as Victor’s periodic, polite sneezes into the crook of his arm evolved into an uncovered release down towards Yuri’s chest. But, of course, the events leading up to this unexpected sneeze were slightly more shocking/life changing/absolutely insane to Yuri. It was a kiss. A kiss! From Victor! Victor Nikiforov --- God, did any other Victor even matter? Did any other person on the face of the planet matter?

Victor smiled adoringly to Yuri the moment he pulled back from their embrace on the ice. Cheers were erupting all around them and for a moment, Yuri completely forgot that he had just put on an excellent performance (He did! He did great and he knew it! Self-consciousness be damned!). For a moment, it felt like the world was cheering for he and Victor. This was it. This was the sign that he needed that Victor genuinely felt the exact same---

“HihhHH--!! GzzhiuUUhh!!” Victor sneezed suddenly, buckling down towards Yuri’s chest in order to avoid sneezing in the face of the man he just kissed moments ago. There was a pause--- perhaps he wasn’t done?---before Victor sniffled airily and gave Yuri a lighthearted smile. “Excuse me, Yuri….” he chuckled fondly. They were so close that Yuri felt the laughter rumble in Victor’s chest, and his heart skipped a beat. “I suppose now that your performance is over, I’m able to confess that I’ve been coming down with something recently…”

Yuri blinked for a moment, his mind still struggling to process the kiss (the kiss--- was this even real!?). “Y-You’ve….been…?” A moment passed before he gasped and shot up to sit on the ice, still facing Victor. “Wait, wait, wait! You’re sick? And you didn’t tell me?”

“I wouldn’t say that I’m sick, now, Yuri…”

“Well, what would you say?”

“....That I’m getting sick,” Victor shrugged with his same casual air that he always had about him, taking Yuri’s hand to help him up from their spot near the edge of the rink. Now that Yuri had this information, he could see what would ordinarily be telltale signs of a cold. Pink nostrils, watery eyes, frequent---no, constant-- sniffling from Victor. Not to mention the sneezing over the past few days! Yuri remembered that he briefly thought that Victor could have been allergic to something, but now he felt shame to realize that he had been too wrapped up in this competition to realize that Victor was sick.

Getting sick, I said,” Victor repeated later as he sat comfortably close with Yuri in the back of their taxi. He rubbed a crooked index finger beneath the nose that sniffled with every pause in his words. “I couldn’t exactly mention it when you were so panicked with your performance. You really ought to relax now that it’s over.”

“Relax!” Yuri repeated, still able to be shocked by Victor’s calm attitude. “You’re the one who needs to be relaxing, Victor! When we get back to the hotel, I’ll get you soup and tea, and you’re going to get in bed!”

Victor quirked his head, a teasing smile twitching at his lips. “Am I, now?”“Yes! Our plane leaves the day after tomorrow, so….” Yuri paused in his exclamation to furrow his brow. “Why are you looking at me that way?”

Victor held up a single pausing index finger, his gaze distant as he was still.

“...Vic--”

“GhiHHzzhhUUhh!!” Victor released into the same curled knuckle that had previously been rubbing at the Russian’s unruly nose. He sniffled and blinked blearily, his nostrils trembling with another obvious need to sneeze. “S-....Excuse me,” he said again, this time in a voice that was hoarse. Victor’s long lashes slid shut, and his nose wrinkled and twitched towards the left. A sound that could only be described as an irritated whine rumbled in Victor’s throat before he snapped forward with much more force than before. “GhiHHShiuUHH!!”

Yuri winced as this sneeze sounded painful, and his suspicions were confirmed when Victor took in a sharp inhale immediately after the release. “Victor...You sound terrible….”

After a moment, Victor cracked open one eye and gave Yuri a teasing smirk, but even his usual flirty expression seemed half-hearted. “What a sweet compliment, Yuri!”

Yuri sighed and leaned forward, his own cool forehead pressing against Victor’s warm one. The Russian sniffled and blinked in surprise before Yuri pulled back with a pout. “You’ve really got a fever, Victor!” Yuri exclaimed in the closest thing to scolding that he dared to present Victor with. Before he could continue, the taxi rolled to a stop. Yuri fumbled for his wallet, but before he could even get the billfold from his pocket, Victor was already handing the driver the entirety of their fee as well as a hefty tip. Another pout tugged at Yuri’s lips as Victor slid casually out of the cab. “Victor! Please, go upstairs and get in bed, and I’ll run to the convenience store for a few things for you.”

“Alright, Yuri!” Victor waved to him without looking back, with a carefree (albeit scratchy) tone that suggested he absolutely would not be doing this.

“Victor! Please!”

“Yes, yes, alright, Yuri!”

Yuri was glad that Victor wasn’t watching as he frowned and started off for the nearby convenience store in a huff, mumbling about how the country of Russia would have fallen to chaos years ago if everyone was nearly as stubborn as Victor.

When Yuri returned to the hotel with soup, tea, and soft tissues (NOT the rough sort that the hotel provided), he was thoroughly shocked to find Victor….actually in bed. Makkachin peeked up at Yuri’s entry from where he was curled up at the foot of the bed. The poodle’s tongue lolled out sweetly before he nestled back to snuggle against Victor’s legs. The Russian himself blinked blearily, and definitely looked worse than when he and Yuri parted. Or, perhaps the dim light of the cab hadn’t done any justice to Victor’s condition. His nostrils (which were a fine shade of red rather than the previous light pink) glistened along with his sleepy eyes, and Victor shivered with chills. He opened his mouth to speak before coughing harshly into his fist.

Yuri winced at the unfortunate rattling sound that was Victor’s coughing. He swallowed the desire to casually point out that he was right, and that Victor did need to rest, but all he could bear to do was rush to his coach’s side.

“What can I get you, Victor?” Yuri asked softly, already beginning to unpack the items from his plastic shopping bag. Now that he was closer, he noticed a small pyramid of tissues (the awfully rough hotel tissues, at that) next to Victor’s head, and his heart ached with sympathy.

Victor didn’t answer right away, so Yuri took this opportunity to press a fresh, soft tissue into the ailing man’s hand. As if a trigger, Victor took in a shaky gasp and practically smacked himself with the speed in which he brought the tissue to his face. “IhGHZZH’uuUHH!!” Immediately, Victor winced and coughed, tissue still clasped miserably to his face. “‘D hurt…” he murmured, words coming in a soft slur.

Yuri released what could only be described as sympathetic cooing as he pressed his hand to Victor’s forehead. “Ohh, Victor, your fever’s gone up…” Before he could retract his hand, Yuri found the appendage being clutched to Victor’s hot cheek.

Victor sighed through his nose, creating a whistling sound with the congestion. “You’re nice and cool, Yuri…” he hummed sleepily.

Yuri felt his cheeks warm with Victor’s affectionate clinging. “I did just come in from outside…” he chuckled sheepishly. With his free hand, he reached for the bag with soup. “I used the microwave at the convenience store to heat your soup up….It was terribly hot when I got it! But I think now it shouldn’t be too bad…”

“Mm,” Victor sniffled.

“Why don’t you sit up so you can eat?”

Victor opened his eyes and stared feverishly up at Yuri. “But I don’t want to.”

Yuri paused, not quite knowing how to answer this. Victor wasn’t one to do things he didn’t want to, but at least regular, non-feverish Victor had some carefree, casual answer regarding it. “Well….You’ve got to get something in you. You need to eat.”

"No."

No?”

Victor yawned and scrubbed under his nose with the palm of his hand. “Mmm...fine,” he sniffled, still itching at his nose. "I suppose I can eat..."

Yuri smiled with this tiny victory. “Oh! Wonderfully! Alright, let me get you the spoon, and….” Once Victor was semi-sitting, Yuri reached to hand Victor the bowl and spoon. He was barely able to move back in time for VIctor to release another huge, throaty sneeze that had his elbow recoiling towards his body, and would have knocked the soup over immediately had Victor been holding it. While his ailing coach didn’t seem to notice, Yuri most certainly did, and swiftly slid a spoonful of soup into Victor’s mouth himself.

Victor experienced about half a second of surprise before he closed his eyes and enjoyed the swallow of soup. “That feels perfect…” he breathed, nose wriggling as another sneeze teased at him.

Yuri couldn’t help a fond smile at seeing Victor’s red, twitchy nose misbehave so terribly. “I’m glad….I’ll make sure you’re feeling well enough for our flight….”

“Mmmm….” Victor hummed as he took another swallow of soup, absolute bliss on his face as his hurting throat was soothed. He blinked sleepily to Yuri before leaning forward and kissing him without a second thought.

Yuri blinked, just as shocked by this kiss as he was by the first, but he was quicker to recover this time. He leaned closer to Victor, allowing the kiss to last before they both parted silently, lips still lingering lightly against the other's.

“....I’ve got a cold,” Victor said after a moment, his voice soft, though he appeared surprised by this revelation. “You’ll catch it, you---”

“Don’t worry…” Yuri breathed, knowing his cheeks had to be burning shyly. “I don’t care….All I care about is….” He closed his eyes, his cool forehead lulling against Victor’s warm one. “...You.”

Yuri didn’t see Victor’s smile, but he could feel it was there as they held each other tight for that one long, lovely, lingering moment.

Edited by Galaxy
I forgot to tag Spoo!! Literally the most important thing

Oh. My. GOD.

So I definitely read this fic on tumblr first without knowing that it was for me, and as I was reading it I couldn't help but squeal over basically EVERYTHING you included. I was like: 'HOLY COW THERE ARE SO MANY PERSONAL PREFERENCES I LOVE IN THIS FIC??' And then as soon as I got to the whole spoon feeding part I went WAITAMINUTE and rushed here to check. Lo and behold, it was for meeee! :yay: 

Okayokayokay. So, the initial cold sneeze happening during their first kiss on the ice? End me. Just END ME OKAY. What a gorgeous (and :drool:-worthy) mental image. Victor just...and on Yuuri...asjdfkasdf; Also, LOL at Victor correcting Yuuri like: "I'm getting sick". Buh, I love that phrase so much. And jeez, I also really loved the spellings you went with??? Throaty sneezes are my favorite. The two in the taxi, combined with the curled knuckle, had me flipping out (also, RIP me). 

Honestly, I feel blessed that you were my SS. :cryhappy: You're such a sweetheart! Thank you so much for indulging my silly obsession (seriously, I'm disgustingly invested in this show :lol:). :hug::heart: 

PS: Yuuri's dub voice is the actual factual best. He's such a SPAZZ. :lmfao:  When he whimpers and gasps and whines and yells ("I'M GONNA CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND DIEEEEE") I laugh uncontrollably. So envisioning that voice worked super well! :D