Sneeze Fetish Forum

Mr Tough Act Fanfiction THE FLASH (Barry Allen)

KD02

Hiiiiiiii guys this is the first story I have EVER written (so its probably no good heh):tongue:.

I have been reading stories here for years and always thoughts there’s not enough of The Flash on here and I just love Grant Gustin :wub2:(the actor who plays Barry Allen), so I decided to do something about it!

It’s just a random story, not set in season 3 as Julian isn’t in it but probably somewhere in the middle of season 2, about Barry getting sick and doing all his cute “I have to save the world. I’m Mr. Tough act”

And finally the good stuff…THE STORY!

P.S. sorry if there’s any spelling and/or grammar mistakes I was too nervous to do a check; feel free to comment on what I can do better for next time!

Part One

“Hh-Hashew! Hew’CHIKOO! HXTT! ESSHH!” Barry sneezed into the crook of his elbow for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day, he plucked a few tissues from the box beside his computer and blew his nose loudly and threw it away.

Just then his phone chimed, it was a text from Joe West, “Hey Barry we’ve got a body, downtown next to the river. I’m heading out right now if you want a lift?”

Ugh, today of all days, why can’t there be a quiet day in central city just once?”, thought Barry.  

He had woken this morning with a monster headache, which, after taking some aspirin had settled to a small ache in the back of his head, that he could handle. But the sneezing had started not long after he left his apartment and came in fits of 3 or 4 at a time, he just wanted to stay in the lab, do some paperwork, drink tea and recover. But nope that wasn’t allowed for Barry Allen.

He sent a quick “Sure, I’ll be right down” text to Joe and grabbed his jacket, stuffed it quickly with some clean tissues, and walked out the lab coughing roughly into his jacket sleeve.

*IN THE CAR*

“Hnxch! Hnxch! HETCHOO!” Barry bent forward in the seat of the car from the force of the sneezes. He looked up from his elbow smiling sheepishly.

“Sorry Joe, I don’t know where that came from.”

“Its alright Barry, you feeling okay? Bless you by the way.” Joe replied, looking over to Barry with concern.

“Thanks, eh fine I guess. I think its just allergies, been sneezing all day.” he said sniffling, pulling a tissue out of his jacket pocket, wiping his nose. “So, whatcha think, meta? Or just plain old jack the ripper kind of kill?” Barry asked coughing slightly into his fist.

“At first glance, you would think plain old kill, but there was another stabbing two nights ago and it was the same: Burt skin around the edges of the wound, clean straight through and a star and moon burned onto the small of their back, but the victims disappeared three nights before they were found, one minute they were walking down the street and the next gone. No witnesses.”

“Hh-hhhnxch! Hxnch! HXTT! HXTT! Sso-ESSSHHOO! Ss..ssorry..ESSHOO! ESSHH! ESSHH! Sorry Joe!” Barry was surprised by the fit and attempted to stifle the sneezes to save joe from being sprayed but ultimately failed becoming a sneezy sniffling messy in the car. He pulled out a clean tissue from his pocket and cleaned himself up and blew his nose.

“Jeez Bar, bless you! You okay?” his only reply was a quick nod from Barry as he leaned against the window of the car looking ready to fall asleep. “You sure you should be working today? I’m gonna take you home.”

TBC…

Side note for new comers to The Flash fandom Bar is a nickname Joe uses for Barry, it almost sounds like he’s saying Bear to him.

Comments appreciated, any ideas you guys have or anything you think I can improve on would be most helpful for me to make the story even better. 

AGGH the formats all messed up, sorry! I'm still trying to learn.:poorfool:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!:D

I got too excited I was waiting a few days till I posted the next part but I already had it typed to I thought why not?

And so here it is...Part 2!

Part Two

"NO! I'm fine, I can work. I told you it's just allergies." Barry immediately sat up straight still sniffling, looking over to Joe trying to convince him he was good to work.

"Barry..I don't know, at least get checked by Caitlin. Barry?" Joe turned around to the see the young man sitting trying his hardest not to sneeze.

"Ahh- I'm fine Joe, trust me. I don't think I can-hhha even get sick anymore..snnff..snf..hheh!" Barry quickly pinched his nose shut tight to stifle the set of sneezes. "Hnxt! Hnnxch! HNNXTT! HATCHOO..snnff!" As he was trying to catch his breath he slowly rubbed at his nose, attempting to get rid of the persistent tickle in his nose, which was turning pick from the rubbing and nose blowing.

"Bless you! Well if you won't go home at least try to have a nap before we get to the crime scene it's about another 20 minutes" Barry looked like he was going to protest but took one look at Joe's face and caved. He turned round laid his head on the window and soon the car was filled with the sound of soft snores.

*AT THE CRIME SCENE*

"Hey Bar, wake up we're here." Joe was slowly shaking Barry awake, but Barry just stirred and fell back asleep again, but Joe was not giving up, if Barry didn't want to go home he was working and that did not consist of sleeping. "Barry WAKE UP!" Joe said a bit louder than normal, which earned him a few strange glances from passing pedestrians, shaking him a bit harder this time.

"Hah'ESHOO! ESHOO! ESHOO!" Barry immediately curled in on himself as he was taken-a-back by the sneezes, as to stop spraying Joe. "HATCHOO! HATCHOO! HATCHOO! Snnff..snf...ESHOO! ESHOO! ESHH!ESHH!ESHH!ESHH!" Barry bent over coughing as the force of the sneezes had led to a coughing fit, struggling to get a breath, he brought his fist quickly to cover his mouth but soon moved to his elbow when they came a deep, wet, hacking cough. When he had finally stopped coughing Joe was kneeling with his car door open next to Barry with a bottle of water, he has clearly gotten it from the boot of his car without Barry noticing when he was coughing.

"Bless you! Theres no way your working today, just sit here and rest I'll deal with the crime scene and ill come back and take you home. I'll be 30 minutes tops" Joe went to stand up but Barry grabbed his arm and he crouched back down, "No, just give me a minute and I'll be good to go" Barry pulled out a tissue blew his nose and cleaned himself up, took a swig of water and was out of the car before Joe could stop him.

"Barry! Don't use your speed you'll tire yourself out more quickly!"

"Joe don't worry I'm good. HETCHEWW!..snf" He pulled out his last clean tissue and wiped his nose. "Lets just go to the body" And with that he walked away coughing into his shoulder, Joe followed quickly behind shaking his head.

Barry went over to the body, crouched down and examined it, "It looks the same as the others, the same burn ma..hhe-..marks HNXTT!" Barry Stifled the sneeze into his elbow as to contain the crime scene and quickly stood up from his position and walked away a few feet and sneezed a couple more times, coughed into his elbow and walked back over sniffling taking the same position over the body, giving a quick smile to Joe and resumed his task. "As I was saying there is the same burn marks...snff and most likely the wound is from the same weapon, judging from the size and shape of the other victims wound, plus there's the star and moon burn on the small of their back. It fits the other victim, do we have and ID yet?" He asked, congestion seeping slightly into his voice, and quckily turn and coughed some more into his elbow.

"Erm, no not yet, still working on it, still don't have a positive ID for the first victim yet. Lets head back to the station." Barry nodded a yes and stared to pack his things. Joe had watched as his adoptive son did his work, and got slightly worried when he suddenly left to sneeze but he came back and carried on as normal after giving him a reassuring smile, but he could hear the congestion in his voice, he was starting to get slightly worried about him. Barry was well known for putting others before himself and if he is sick he  won't rest until this murderer is caught, especially with it potentially being a meta, Barry would probably run himself to the ground than admit he's sick and take a day off to recover. He was just going to have to keep a close eye on him..maybe even warn the team?

"Hah'Eshoo! ESHOO! ESSH!ESHH!" Barry was packing up his stuff when he suddenly pulled away to sneeze into his elbow again and took the tissue he'd used before and blew his nose agin. "Bless you! Here Bar, it looks like there some metal in this wound and maybe take some and take it to star labs to be tested?" Joe said quietly. Barry nodded his thanks and also that he understood what Joe was saying, he took out a evidence bag and used his speed to take a sample of the metal and hid it in his jacket. "Got it, lets head to star labs and give it to Cisco to test."

Both Joe and Barry headed to the car and they were on the road not even 5 minutes and Barry had fallen asleep again. "Dammed kid, this better not be a meta so he can take it easy for a few days." thought Joe.  

Little did he know..

TBC

Again comments are appreciated, even just to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Thank you!:wink3:

Only Barry and any other superhero who gets ill tries and fails at ignoring the cold only to get worse. Oh Bar.

1 hour ago, Arty said:

Ahhhhh Barry!!!! He would do that. Act all tough when he really needs tea and rest. 

Of course he would he's just feels he has too, but he need to learn he doesn't 

He's just too damn cute for me to handle:wub2:^_^

2 minutes ago, Arty said:

Only Barry and any other superhero who gets ill tries and fails at ignoring the cold only to get worse. Oh Bar.

Ohhh yeessss much more to come and he will possibly get worse? Who knows? Maybe even a wee bit of loving from Iris? What do you think?

I'll try and update again soon.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

16 hours ago, KD02 said:

He had woken this morning with a monster headache, which, after taking some aspirin had settled to a small ache in the back of his head, that he could handle. But the sneezing had started not long after he left his apartment and came in fits of 3 or 4 at a time, he just wanted to stay in the lab, do some paperwork, drink tea and recover. But nope that wasn’t allowed for Barry Allen.

Sorry guys I just noticed a mistake I made in part one, Barry can't take aspirin as his super fast metabolism doesn't allow his to take medications (or get drunk! hah), because it would just burn right off. I don't know how to edit this part, if anyone can help feel free to tell me. Sorry again! Just pretend that never happened!

And so...Part 3!

Part 3

Barry slowly opened his eyes and realised he wasn't in Joe's car and immediately panicked, but Cisco came over to his side "Shush Barry you're okay, Joe was worried about you when you didn't wake up, so came in and got me and Caitlin, and we hooked you up to an IV, because you we dehydrated. He said you weren't feeling great when you were at the crime scene. So we ran some tests, but Caitlin doesn't have the results yet. How you feeling?"

Barry blinked back the sleepiness in his eyes and sat up coughing into his fist, "Yeah, I'm good. Just tired I guess, I've not been getting enough sleep latelyy..y-Heh'eschew! Eschew! Eschew!" He sneezed weakly into his elbow, sniffed hard and went to stand up, but Cisco pushed his back down.

"Whoa, you need to stay here until we know what's wrong with you, you've never been sick before, you don't know how this will affect your powers." Cisco said with concern and worry in his voice, but Barry pushed back and even in his weakened state managed to push Cisco to the side and got up, took out his IV and walked over to get his jacket.

"I'm not sick, it's just allergies, I've been sneezing all day. That's it I swear" Barry lied, so Cisco would allow him to leave he had work to do, he needed to find and stop this killer.

"Barry, 'just allergies' don't give you a 38.7C(101.7F) fever." Cisco pointed out. Barry was at a loss, he couldn't pass it off as just allergies now, he had to just tough it out and act fine. "Why don't you at least try and get some more sleep until I have the results of that metal you found in the body at the river? I won't be long I'm just trying to determine the type of metal it is, and where it came from."

Barry looked sceptical but reluctantly nodded and lay back down, he was too tired to argue and he didn't have reason to argue anymore he had been caught, he was sick but he still had to catch this killer. But a short nap wouldn't kill him.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

"Just leave him, he's sleeping and he needs it, if this is a meta like you think Cisco he won't rest till the city is safe from them" Caitlin quietly argued with Cisco in the corner of the room where Barry was sleeping, but he was awake now and his headache was back with a vengeance, his throat and chest ached, in fact his whole body was sore, and his nose was blocked so completely he could breathe out it, it also buzzed but wasn't enough to make his sneeze yet. "But he needs to know--"

"Need to know what?" Barry sat up slowly, congestion obvious in his voice. Cisco and Caitlin looked at each other worriedly, he needed to know that the killer was, most likely it was meta, but he need to recover from this illness. Barry stared to coughing deeply into his elbow and Caitlin quickly came over and started rubbing his back while Cisco got him some water.

"So..what is it?" Barry asked as he recovered from the fit of coughs.

"Barry you need to know, that you can't do anything about it while your ill, I still don't know what effects this could have on your powers, you've never been sick before-"

"Caitlin just tell me."

Cisco interjected at this point. "Barry the metal you found on the body doesn't exist it's not on the periodic table of elements, so we think the killer is a meta. From what we heard from Joe about the sudden disapearing, we think the meta can teleport, it would explain how the victims just disappeared and nobody saw anything, it might be a team. We don't know. I'm scanning the city for any unusual energies but I'm coming up empty."

"So we have nothing to go on?"

"No. Barry I'm sorry. Barry you okay?" Barry's eyes all of a sudden became unfocused his mouth slightly open breathing heavily. Suddenly he got up and using his speed ran into the next room, leaving Caitlin and Cisco sitting in on the med-bed.

They could hear Barry from the next room sneezing and coughing. They decided to go in to see if he was okay after the tenth sneeze in a row and walked in to see him sitting on  a stool, tissues in hand and a box lying on the floor he was still sneezing continuously into them hardly able to get a breath, soaking the tissues through. Caitlin took pity on him and plucked half a dozen tissues from the box on the floor and quickly swapped them with the old ones when his sneezing had slowed down. She walked over to the bin and threw the used tissues away and washed her hands.

"Heh..hehhh...HEH'ESHOO! ESHOO! ESHH!ESH!" The fit of sneezing quickly gave way to a coughing fit, and after Barry was left watery eyed, and breathing heavily. He threw the used tissues in the bin and quickly grabbed a handful of tissues to wipe his eyes and blow his nose which was no longer blocked and running freely.

"Bless you, dude! You okay?" Cisco asked.

"I'm fine." Barry breathed. "I need to go and warn Joe about this meta." Barry stood up, but immediately sat back down.

"Barry you alright?" Caitlin asked walking back over to him.

"Yeah just...dizzy" He said head in hands. He waited a minute and then stood back up, more slowly this time.

"There's no way your going anywhere. You need to eat, if your going dizzy it might be because you haven't eaten anything in a while." Cisco said and threw him one of his high calorie energy bars. Barry grimaced, he didn't really feel like eating but he knew Cisco or Caitlin wouldn't allow him to leave without eating something.

"Barry you shouldn't really use your powers right now, if this is a meta let the CCPD deal with it this time, I'm sure they can handle this one, just this one time" Caitlin told Barry. But Barry immediately looked at Caitlin as if she had just killed someone. "Caitlin you know I can't do that what if someone gets hurt? What if Joe gets hurt? It would be my fault; Iris would never forgive me." Barry turned away coughing into his fist.

"Barry, listen to yourself, you're in no condition to fight a meta, Iris wouldn't blame you. Your sick! You can't help it. Just take it easy, stay here so I can monitor you, please?" Caitlin practically begged Barry to stay.

"I'm sorry Caitlin but I need to go and warn Joe and try and find this meta. I'll rest after I know the city is safe. I promise." And with that Barry left star labs and headed to CCPD. 

TBC

I might not update again until Tuesday or Wednesday, as I'm staying at my friends fro a few days and might not be able to post, but I'll try and post before then if I can!

Comments are appreciated. Thank you!    

YAY a Flash fic...I was so excited to see this :) love The Flash and Grant Gustin. you write the characters so well -  can't wait for more!! 

A FLASH FIC???? And so well written! OMG, you are the BEST. This is perfect!!! I love the denial. Can't wait for more!!

16 hours ago, metallicstars said:

YAY a Flash fic...I was so excited to see this :) love The Flash and Grant Gustin. you write the characters so well -  can't wait for more!! 

Awe I just LOVE The Flash and Grant Gustin :mf_dribble:he is just life. Thank you! I was so worried that I wasn't doing the characters justice, it's such a relief to know that I'm doing it right :laughingsmiley:

3 hours ago, iluvemojis said:

A FLASH FIC???? And so well written! OMG, you are the BEST. This is perfect!!! I love the denial. Can't wait for more!!

Aaaa thank you so much!! Haha I just feel that Barry would deny being sick for the sake of others. It just seems so like him.

I'm back tomorrow so I might post the next section then, I have it almost completed but I can't post now because it's on my computer! No promises but I'll try my best.

Thank you! 

Hi everyone! I'm back with the next part.

Thank you to all you commented on this, it meant so much to know that people are enjoying this story!

And so here it is...part 4.

Warning: Language

Part 4

Barry used his super speed to get to the station, but half way there his speed gave out, he suddenly felt weak and dizzy and grabbed the wall for support. It was raining so no one was there to witness him nearly falling. He lowered himself to the ground on a dry patch he saw a few feet away, pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his head, allowing himself to succumb to the illness. 

"ah'ESHOO! ESHOO! ESHOO!...snnf..ESHOO! ESHOO!..snf..snnf." He sneezed openly and wetly into his knees sniffling in the aftermath, he dug into his pocket finding one half used tissue, cringing he blew his nose. Then slowly stood up still feeling dizzy his headache making him feel slightly nauseas, but went to start running again anyway, he needed to warn Joe, but his speed was completely gone. The rain had stared to pour down now , he was soaked completely through, there was not a cab in sight so he decided to start jogging. 

It took him 15 minutes to get to CCPD because he had to keep stopping either to cough and catch his breath or to sneeze, he was tiring out a lot easier than he should have been but pushed though it. As he walked into the station he sniffled wetly, combed a hand through his hair in a lame attempt to dry it, and headed to find Joe. 

Joe was sitting at his desk looking through some case files when three loud sneezes caught his attention and he looked up to a sniffling Barry who was rubbing his nose.

"Bless you Barry! I thought you would still be at star labs? Why are you soaked, did you use your speed?" Joe asked, handing Barry a tissue from the box on the desk across from him.

"Thanks. Cisco analysed the metal and said it doesn't exist, so i thought i would come here and warn you that it's a meta." Barry chose to ignore the last question and wiped his nose then coughed into the tissue.

"Barry you know what I mean. I'm not talking about he damned metal. I'm talking about how your sick," he lowered his voice, "and Caitlin said she wanted to run some test to see how this would affect you powers." Joe said getting annoyed with Barry now.

"Well her test came back inconclusive. She doesn't know how this would affect my powers. Heck she probably doesn't even know whats wrong with me! And I've told you that I feel FINE. So I thought I would come and warn you" Barry snapped back, now shivering from being wet.

Joe just rolled his eyes, his heart broke seeing Barry like this, he was to obviously sick. His red blood shot eyes, red, chapped nose and him breathing heavily as if he just ran a mile. "Barry, just go home." He pleaded, " You're only going to get worse standing here soaked through." Barry turned away and coughed roughly into his sleeve.

"I've got a change of clothes here, in the lab." He said turning back sniffling and grabbed a few tissues from the box on the desk and blew his nose coughing afterwards, and with that turned and went up to his lab.  

*IN THE LAB*

"Heh'eshoo! ESHOO! heh..snf..HEH'ESSHOOO! ESHOO! ESHH!ESHH!ESHH! ESHOO! ESHOO!..ssnnfff." Barry sat back breathing heavily, that fit took it out of him, maybe he could just have a quick nap....NO! He had work to do. He lifted his head up from the desk coughing in to his fist and continued doing paperwork he had to catch up on for Capatin Singh. Just then his phone rang, "Barry! Meta alert, bank robbery." Cisco shouted through the phone.

Barry answered with a very unenthusiastic, " Yeah be right there." Hanging up the phone, going to use his speed to go to he bank. Shit! Barry inwardly cursed, he had forgotten his speed wasn't working! 

This could be the meta that was responsible for killing those people. If they hurt anyone else it would be his fault because he couldn't be there to help them! Barry couldn't think, he was trying to decide what to do, he couldn't go to the bank with his suit on and not be able to do anything, hell he didn't even know how he would get there on time!

Just then Joe ran in, "Cisco called said you were still here. What's wrong? There's a meta robbing a bank." He asked looking Barry up and down, he looked flustered and scared?

"Nn..n-nothing..Heh'eshoo! ESHOO!" Barry quickly grabbed a tissue to smother the sneezes into, blew his nose and said, " Go on, I'll be right behind." Congestion in his voice. Joe nodded and gave him a second glance before he left. He was worried about the kid.

Barry threw the tissue in the bin, frustrated. He quickly gathered his thoughts, grabbed his suit stuffed it in a bag and ran after Joe, coughing down the corridor.

*OUTSIDE CCPD*

"JOE! JOE WAIT UP!" Barry shouted seeing Joe climb into his car, coughing roughly into his arm, Barry slowed down when he saw he was waiting on him. Out of breath he jumped into the passenger seat of the car, not explaining why he wasn't The Flash right now and just said "..Drive.." between breaths. Joe didn't wait for an explanation he just drove.

Barry spent the first few minutes of the car journey trying to catch his breath in between coughing fits, which were coming deep from within his chest. Joe kept giving him worried glances but kept his eyes on the road.

After he had stopped coughing as much and could take a breath he explained to Joe hat had happened.

"Joe listened allowing Barry to explain not wanting him to stop, he was finally coming out with what was wrong with him instead of keeping it hidden. After he had finished telling Joe what was wrong he looked at Joe expectantly.

"Barry, I don't know what you want me to say, I told you you shouldn't use your powers and you should have stayed at Star labs. Also Caitlin called to see if you were okay and she said that she had told you to stay for more testing at star labs." He tried not to sound too nagging or annoyed but it seeped in when was talking sometimes.

"Joe....I'm sorry, I just.. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to you because I wasn't there to help, just because I'm sick. I'm sorry." Barry said welling up slightly, he couldn't bear to lose Joe, he was like a father to him. Just then his hand began to vibrate the way it did when he first discovered his powers.

"Joe, Joe. I think my powers are back." Barry looked over to Joe to see him take a sigh of relive.

"Right Barry you fight this meta, then your going straight back to star labs and resting until your better. Agreed?"Joe looked over to Barry waiting for an answer.

"Agreed".

TBC

The next part will consist of Barry fight the meta. Which may or may not be the one they are looking for.

Comments appreciated.

Thank you all who are reading this!!

17 minutes ago, metallicstars said:

This is so good!! Can't wait for more -- hopefully Iris will make an appearance at some point for some care-taking?

Thank you! I've been wanting Iris to be in this story but didn't know how to write her, I'm going to try and write her in the next part since Barry has given in and everybody knows now.

The next update should be early tomorrow or maybe later tonight, I'm writing the next part right now. It just depends on how far I get with it tonight.

Thanks again!

Love this fic! The way that the characters interact with each other is really realistic. Especially with Barry and Joe. This is awesome!!

2 hours ago, iluvemojis said:

Love this fic! The way that the characters interact with each other is really realistic. Especially with Barry and Joe. This is awesome!!

Aw thank you so much! It's so good to know that I'm writing the characters well 

5 hours ago, KD02 said:

hopefully Iris will make an appearance at some point for some care-taking?

I have tried, no guarantees its any good but.....

Part 5

Barry used his speed as soon as the car stopped at the bank, and ran in ready to fight. Adrenaline pumping through his veins.

"The Flash. Come to stop me have you?" The meta sneered. The meta was about 6 foot tall, with silver blades for hands and a mask on his face. He immediately ran towards Barry but Barry dodged early punching the meta full force. The was barley phased by the blow, but instead took a swing at Barry - who was still confused why the meta wasn't even hurt by the punch - the blade hit Barry just on the shoulder. Barry cried out in pain, falling to the floor clutching his shoulder.

"Barry! Barry you okay?" Cisco shouted through the intercom.

"Yeah Cisco, just a graze on my shoulder," Barry said though clenched teeth standing back up. Just then the police came in guns out firing at the meta, again he walked right through the fire and grabbed Barry by the throat and threw him across the room.

Joe came running over to Barry to make sure he was okay, "Barry? Barry you okay." Barry shook his head as to clear it and stood up. "Yeh I'm good, lets get him".

Barry ran up to the meta and punched him several times at super speed, but the meta just flicked him away. Throwing him again the wall, Barry hit his head against and fell to the ground out cold. 

The meta made his way over to him again but gun fire filled the room again and Joe took his chance while the meta was distracted to grab Barry and get out of there. The police followed behind leaving the meta in the bank.

Joe put Barry in the back of his car and sped away calling Cisco from in his car.

"Cisco! Barry was knocked out; I'm bringing him to star labs."

"Okay Joe, we'll have everything ready for when you arrive." Cisco replied hanging up. Joe looked over his shoulder at Barry who was still out, "I never should have let him go" he thought as he drove to Star Labs.

*STAR LABS 4 HOURS LATER*

Barry grunted when he woke up, he looked around to see Iris sitting at the side of the bed, head in hand leaning against the bed, she looked up when she heard him moan again.

"Hey Guys! I think he's waking up!" Iris turned and shouted to the others who came in immediately.

"Barry, how you feeling? Caitlin asked.

"Like I've been hit by a bus." he said groggily, congestion in his voice, laughing slightly then turned ti his side away from the others and coughed then sneezed three times into his shoulder, groaning afterwards.

"Yeah you'll be a bit sore for a few more hours, you cracked a few ribs, fractured your wrist and have a concussion to top t all off." Caitlin informed him a worried smile on her face.

"Shouldn't I be almost healed by now?" Barry asked, then cringed at hearing how stuffed up he sounded. "I mean it's been how many hours?

"4." Cisco said. 

"4 hours? then I should almost be healed then." He said looking at Caitlin, who turned away slightly.

"Yeah you should be Barry, but you're not. Your cells are regenerating at half their normal speed; I would say it would be another 2 or 3 hours until you are healed." Caitlin told him.

Barry sighed, his breath catching in his throat and he coughed again into his shoulder, groaning "What's wrong with me?"

"Barry your sick, it looks like just the flu or a bad cold but it's affecting your powers and how you heal. I'm not sure what we can do." 

"Joe, what happened at the bank?" He turned to look at Joe ignoring what Caitlin just said.

"The meta disappeared, just he same way all the victims did. We had the bank surrounded but when he never came out we went in and there was nobody there and $300,000 was missing from the vault." Joe looked over to Barry.

"I need to go, I need to see the back and the evidence." Barry puled the covers back attempting to stand up but Iris pushed him back down, "There's no way you're going anywhere until your completely healed and healthy."

"Iris, you know I can't do that I'm going."

"No, Barry you're not, you are going to stay right here."

"Joe?" Barry looked over to Joe hoping he would help him.

"Barry you know Iris is right. Your powers are too erratic right now to even do anything. Anyway we got it covered, if we really need you I'll call." Barry just sighed then lay back on the bed sniffling.  Iris walked over to the side grabbed the tissue box and handed over to Barry who smiled gratefully who took a handful and blew his nose.

This seemed to aggravate his sinuses as he grabbed a few more tissues turned to the side and sneezed wetly and harshly into them, "HEH'ESSHOO! HEH'ESSSHOO! ESHOO! ESSHOO! ESSH!" after the fit was over he blew his nose and tuned back coughing into the tissues.

"I'm gonna head back to the precinct and see what going on. You," he pointed at Barry, " you stay here and rest." and with that he turned and left, Caitlin following after.

"Hey Joe," Joe turned back, "Are you really going to phone if he's needed?" Joe smiled and put a hand on her shoulder.

"No, don't worry. I'll only phone if he is really truly n

eeded, I'll cover for him with Singh." Caitlin smiled her thanks and let him go, she called for Cisco and they went back to trying to find a way to stop the meta, leaving Iris and Barry alone.

Iris sat at Barry's side, "Do you want anything Barry?" she asked getting up picking up the tissues on the bed and throwing them away, then went over and washed her hands.

"Iris you don't need to do that. I can do it myself." Barry told her.

"No Barry. You are on complete and utter bedrest until you are better." she told him, "Now do you want anything? I'm sure your hungry." Iris looked at Barry waiting for a reply, but it never came. She turned around to see Barry gearing up for a sneezing fit

"Hh..heh..HEH'ESSHO! HXNT! HXNT! HXNT! HXNT! HXNT'ESHOO! Barry stifled the fit into his elbow, failing to stifle the first and last one. He looked for the tissue box, which had ended up on the floor during the fit and made to go for it, but Iris made it first.

"What did I just tell you, hm? Now pizza?" She smiled at Barry placing a kiss on his forehead and went order the pizza, leaving a coughing sniffling Barry in bed.

Barry blew his nose and lay back allowing himself to be taken over by sleep.

TBC

I don't have the next part written yet, so it might be a few days until I get around to writing it, but I'll try my best to up-date you as soon as.

I tried to do some care taking with Iris, but I don't know how well I've done...  

AAGGHH! I'm sorry I haven't updated even though I promised to over a week ago but I've been so busy with school!! I have mock exams coming up so I've not had time to continue writing this and I don't want to just write something and it not be good in order just to have something up.

The exams are starting on Monday so I PROMISE I will continue afterwards.

On 04/01/2017 at 7:28 AM, metallicstars said:

The care taking was perfect! Thank you :) I can't wait to read more

Thank you! I'm glad your happy with the care taking.

On 05/01/2017 at 0:06 AM, iluvemojis said:

Iris and Barry= :jawdrop: 

Love the caretaking. Barry's so adorable 

Haha I love them so much, they're just so cute together. Thank you! 

• 1 month later...

God! I'm so sorry, I said I would continue this and that was over a month ago! I'm so sorry, I just got so caught up with school work and totally forgot about this.

But I'm back and I'm going to continue this again.

Part 6

Iris came back into the med room 30 minutes later carrying with her 2 extra large pizzas. Barry was still snoring softly asleep in bed, the way she left him when she went to get the pizzas. She set the pizzas down on the table in the med room and went to wake him up, meanwhile Caitlin and Cisco got plates, drinks and napkins.

“Barry? Barry, wake up pizzas are here. Barry?!” Barry snuffled softy in his sleep, moaned turned over and continued to sleep. Iris decided to leave him sleeping for now, making sure to leave him some food.

“Barry not want any food?” Caitlin asked in concern, Barry needed to eat all throughout the day to keep his energy levels up. Now especially with him sick he needed to eat more than ever.

“He wouldn’t wake up he just turned over and went back to sleep. He must need the rest so I just left him. I’ll take him through some pizza later.” Iris told both Cisco and Caitlin, who both agreed Barry needed the rest.

*2 HOURS LATER*

Barry woke up coughing roughly into his fist. He moaned groggily and looked around to see nobody in the room. He quickly grabbed some tissues which were sitting on the table next to him and sneezed into them, Hheh..HEH'ESSHO! HEH'ESSHOO! ESHOO!” After the fit he blew his nose and threw the tissue on the table and made to get up.

Caitlin was in the next room and hearing Barry sneeze caught her attention and went to go check on him. When she walked into the room she saw Barry half-walking half-stumbling to the chair on the other side of the room where his jacket was sitting. She quickly grabbed onto him leading him back to bed.

“Hey! Caitlin what you doing?” Barry said to Caitlin, she sighed.

“Barry your still sick! Your staying here.”

“I feel fine. I’m good now. I think my injuries are healed.” Barry said trying to convince her he was fine so she’d let him go.

“Barry, you’re not fine and yes your injuries are healed now but your still sick. You need to stay here. You haven’t even had anything to eat in how long?” Caitlin pleaded.

“I’m not hungry.” Barry stated pushing by her and for his jacket. God! He was dizzy, the whole room was spinning. He tripped on the way over to the chair and fell to the floor.

“Barry!” Caitlin shouted, just as Cisco had come through to the the main control room and heard Caitlin shouting and ran into the med room. Caitlin was leaning over an unconscious Barry making sure he was okay.

Caitlin what happened?” Cisco asked kneeling down next to Barry.

“He wanted to leave and went to go for his jacket and tripped and fell” Caitlin said “Help me get him up and in bed” She said grabbing his arm, Cisco grabbed his other arm and lifted him up and put him back in bed.

“I’ll go call Joe and Iris and tell them what’s happened” Cisco said as Caitlin continued her examination of Barry making sure he didn’t have another concussion; he’d only just recovered from the last!” 

• 5 months later...

This is awesome! Barry is so cute, always wanting to save the world even when he is weakened. I'd love to read more of this!

Somehow I missed this one originally!! I love Barry and The Flash in general. Barry in your fix is so sweet and boy oh boy is he Sneezy :) thanks for making this fangirl happy!