Sneeze Fetish Forum

Christmas Mood Fic: Listless (Hornblower)

Wig_Powder

I give up. I have been trying to post my latest Christmas mood fic directly to this forum, but no matter what I've tried, the text refuses to post. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer or with the website, but I don't have the time or patience to keep reposting and reformatting, only to have to start all over again five minutes later. Therefore, I'm going to just link to my fic here and hope for the best. Comment here or at my journal, I don't mind either way.

http://wig-powder.livejournal.com/18643.html

Edited by Wig_Powder

That feather inducing scene was intense! I felt so bad for him though when he accidentally gave himself a nosebleed. Poor guy. This was certainly a lovely little story.

I felt the nosebleed fit the situation, and fit in well with the "catharsis" thing I was going for. If it made you wince in sympathy, then I was doing something right.

Glad you enjoyed the fic!

Ooh, right in the Horatio and Archie feels D: 

Bush was perfect, so observant and kind and walking the line between professional and friendly concern. 

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the praise! Bush is the hardest character for me to write, so being told I got him right is always reassuring to hear.

And thank you for reading! It's always nice to find fellow Hornblower fans, fetishy or otherwise.

I've read all your Hornblower fics, and this is in-keeping with their collective glory! You write him so well, and ahh :) Brilliantly done, thank you. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next one ;)

I'm so flattered! Thank you for that!

I'll definitely be writing more Hornblower in the future. It's all a matter of when the plot bunnies strike, and what sort of plots they give me.

(That being said, if you've got any scenarios you'd love to see, feel free to let me know. I can't promise I'll get to them right away, but I always welcome ideas.)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I didn't comment when this was first posted because Christmas had my head in a whirl, but i didn't want you to go uncomplimented because this was delightful. I'm going to read and watch ALL the Hornblower one day, but in the meantime your fics make my day every time you post one, they really do.

I particularly liked Bush's gently-concerned presence throughout this fic:

" “It’s been known to happen,” Bush said, deciding not to mention Hornblower’s behavior over the last few days, "

^This really made me smile.^ He's being so wonderfully tactful. And poor Horatio is all at sixes and sevens mentally. He needs a proper friend. But then, I guess that's kind of the whole point... :(

I also liked that:

" Despite his obvious weakness, Hornblower’s reasoning sounded more like the man Bush was used to. "

Because he really does. Horatio's being a relatively sensible invalid, and it's a nice change of pace (it also gives me lovely warm feelings towards him, but that's neither here nor there).

And ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that whole scene with the feather interspersed with the memories crowding in on him (and hurting...:cry: poor man). That memory of being set off by gun smoke was amazing, and the feelings-analysis that followed...guh. I am killed, I tell you. killed dead.

No, wait, I resurrected just in time to be absolutely murdered by the slowly-coming-back memories of Archie interspersed with powerful sneezing. You can't play with my heart and libido like this. I'm too weak.

" He closed his eyes again, hands pressed firmly against his nose and mouth to hold back both the blood and any sounds he might make. " oh NO. Poor, poor man. *Runs in and hugs him until things get better*

And finishing with the start of a stronger relationship with Bush was a lovely way to end. Thank you so much for sharing this, tech problems or no tech problems. I loved it. :heart:

Your comment left me smiling. It's always amazing praise to hear that a story affected someone so much. The enthusiasm rings through loud and clear, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story even if it broke your heart a little.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:36 PM, RiversD said:

oh NO. Poor, poor man. *Runs in and hugs him until things get better*

Welcome to one half of my modus operandi for writing Hornblower/Ioan character sneezefic; the desire to cuddle the poor guy when he's at a low emotional ebb (the other half, of course, is entirely to do with the sneezing; like you said, it gets to both my heart and my libido.)

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Hornblower series when you get around to it! I'm always glad to find new Hornblower fans, especially those who share my interest in sneezing. There are surprisingly more of them than I thought.

• 6 months later...

I must admit that my initial interest in Hornblower was entirely because he was played by Ioan Gruffudd, but I really ended up loving the series and have watched it several times. I will certainly go in search of more of these stories!

On 8/1/2017 at 3:55 AM, helyzelle said:

I must admit that my initial interest in Hornblower was entirely because he was played by Ioan Gruffudd, but I really ended up loving the series and have watched it several times.

Heh...well, you're in good company there. That's the reason I got so invested in both it and Ioan in general. Which in turn explains why pretty much all of my fanfiction is centered around Ioan characters, and at least 70% of it is Hornblower sneezefic.

And this is positively shameless self-promotion, but if you poke through the rest of my journal at the link, you'll find a lot of Hornblower fic. Most of it's on this forum as well, but it's way easier to find over at my journal. Only if you're interested, of course, and if you are, I hope you enjoy the rest of them!

Hehe, I'm interested alright. I was just gonna have a quick look and save it for later but I seem to have misplaced the last 4 hours :oops:

This is certainly easier than to go through the forum page by page (although that has rewarded me with other good reads as well). In the last few days I have read a number of your Hornblower-fics in the forum. Great writing! But on your journal I found something even better: Henry Morgan! :heart: 

Thanks for the tip! I'll be spending many more hours browsing your journal!