Sneeze Fetish Forum

Birthday Phanfic for MaiMai <3 (Dan & Phil)

Sophie<3

Soo... I've already said Happy Birthday and told you that I love you over in your birthday thread. But again, I hope you have a brilliant day! I decided to write a little something for you and... I just hope that you like it. :hug:

By the way, the basis for this is that I went ice skating for the first time the other day (because I've gone to great lengths to avoid it in the past, because I was always terrified of it) and let's just say... there was a lot of screaming and falling on my part! :lol: Enjoy! <3

Music was floating through the house. Dan was playing his piano, feeling peaceful, when suddenly, Phil came up behind him and put his hands on the younger boy’s shoulders.
Dan, who had been absorbed in the music, jumped about a mile.

“Oh, God, Phil!”, he exclaimed. “Please don’t do that ever again?”

“Sorry”, Phil said with a smile and bent down to kiss Dan. “Didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Are you sure? Because you did sneak up on me and – “

He was silenced by another kiss from Phil.

“Sorry, bear”, he said again. “I was bored. And then, I had an idea for what we could do.”

Dan raised one eyebrow questioningly. “Well, maybe you didn’t notice, but I was doing something.”

He hadn’t slept well the night before, and he didn’t really feel up to doing anything other than laying on the couch and watching Netflix. He’d already felt incredibly accomplished for getting up and walking the few steps to the piano.

Phil smiled. “Yes. And it sounded lovely. Buuuut… do you want to hear my idea?”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Not really, no”, Phil grinned. “The idea is… we go ice-skating!”

Dan stared at Phil, who was beaming at him.

“Ice-skating”, he replied tonelessly.

“Yes?”, Phil said, nudging his shoulder lightly. “You know? That thing where you go to the ice rink and rent ice skates and then you can skate on the ice?”

Before Dan could reply anything, suddenly his head snapped forward. “Huh’UShh!”

Phil chuckled. “Were you so overwhelmed by my brilliant idea that you had to sneeze?”

Dan rubbed his nose and mumbled: “You don’t know the half of it.”

Phil frowned at that. “What? What do you mean?”

Dan shook his head quickly. “Nothing. It’s just… I don’t think going ice skating is a good idea.”

“Why?”, Phil asked, cocking his head and looking at Dan quizzically. “You get to slide over the ice. It’s almost like you’re flying! And you can pretend to be in a competition or something, like a professional ice skater! It’s fun!”

“Is it?”, Dan asked quietly. Phil only blinked at him. “What do you mean, is it? Are you saying…” A slow smile began to spread on his face. “You’ve… never done it?”

Dan bit his lip and sniffled. “No”, he admitted then. “And I don’t think I’ve missed much.”

“Seriously?”, Phil asked in disbelief. “You don’t know how to do it?”

Dan scowled. “Like I said, I’m not interested.”

“Aw”, Phil said and pulled him into a hug. “You’re just scared, aren’t you? Don’t be! I’ll teach you!”

Dan wasn’t convinced that easily. He kept telling Phil he really had no desire to learn, but Phil insisted that it would be great fun. Finally, Dan had to interrupt himself mid-argument and started blinking rapidly, and Phil saw his chance.

“If you want to go, sneeze!”, he said quickly.

“Huh’UShh! Hh’IShhH!”

“Hah! That’s a double Yes! We are totally going!”

Dan sniffled. “You are so unfair.”

Phil leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. “It’ll be fun, trust me.”

Dan still wasn’t entirely convinced, but he didn’t want the excited look to vanish from Phil’s face, so in the end, he agreed to go.

“Dan, are you coming?”

Dan was sitting on a bank, his own shoes next to him, and the strange heavy skates on his feet.

“Phil”, he said gravely. “I have no idea how to walk in these things. This was a terrible idea.”

“It’s not that hard”, Phil laughed. “Just get up!”

“I’ll probably end up killing myself. You do know that, don’t you?”

“Don’t be so dramatic! Just get up.”

“No.”

Phil rolled his eyes, and just when he was about to reply, he saw Dan’s eyes cloud over and his nose twitch slightly.

“Sneeze if you want me to help you get up!”, he said, rushing his words before… “Hehh’NTchhH!”

Dan wiped his nose and glared at Phil. “You really need to stop doing that.”

Phil was laughing. “But it works so well! See, now you just agreed to me doing this!”

And he bent down, wrapped his arms around Dan and pulled him up. Dan yelped, lost balance for a second, but then managed to steady himself, and Phil let go.

“Now just walk”, he ordered. “Pretend you’re wearing normal shoes.”

Dan tried to walk a few steps, then nodded. “It feels absolutely horrendous, but it works.”

“Well, they’re made for being on the ice, so let’s go!”

He grabbed Dan by the arm and pulled him towards the entrance of the rink.

“Phil”, Dan said uncertainly. “I really have no idea what to do.”

“Look”, said Phil, who had now reached the ice. “It’s simple! Just move your feet like this…” And he started skating just like that.

Dan took a deep breath, then stepped out onto the ice… and fell immediately. He shrieked and landed on his butt.

“Oh no”, Phil said sympathetically, skating back towards him. “How did you do that?”

Dan gave him a gloomy look. “It’s even more slippery than I thought!”

“Just try again”, Phil said cheerfully, and pulled him up. “Here, you can try holding on to me.”

Dan did as he was told, and chaos ensued. He was now holding on to Phil’s arm, but while Phil was moving gracefully across the ice, Dan stumbled hectically behind him, trying to keep up and not crash into other people.

“Phil!”, he yelled. “Stop! We’re going to die.”

Phil came to an elegant stop, causing Dan, who didn’t know how to brake, to fall forward and land on his hands.

“Oops, sorry”, said Phil apologetically. “You need to use your skates if you want to stop.”

“Oh, stopping is the least of my problems!”, said Dan, as he was wiping his wet hands on his coat.

“You have to try and not look at the ground”, Phil advised. “That helps. And just… just pretend you already know how to do this.”

Dan laughed sarcastically. “Yeah, sure, no problem!” Suddenly, his head snapped to the side, and he stumbled into Phil’s arms. “Heh’IShh!”

“Bless you”, said Phil, steadying him. “You’re so sneezy today! Are you okay?”

Dan gave him a tiny smile. “Again… that’s the least of my problems at the moment.”

For a while, Phil kept trying to teach Dan, and even though there were some small improvements, things didn’t exactly go the way Phil had imagined.

“I had no idea it was this hard”, he admitted after a while. “I learned it when I was a kid. It seemed easy, then.”

“I told you this was a bad idea!”

“But it wasn’t”, Phil said gently. “You’re doing so well! I’m proud of you! And I am having fun!”

“Okay, that’s good”, Dan said, sniffling. He rubbed his nose to make the itch go away, but it only grew stronger. “Hhh’Esh’uh!”, he sneezed and fell over from the force.

Phil above him looked somewhere between amused and concerned. “Bless you!”, he said, and helped him up. “You are trying to learn this under adverse conditions, huh?”

Dan nodded. “I suppose.”

Phil noticed that Dan’s jeans were wet from all of his falls and that he was beginning to shiver.

“Oh, no”, he said. “You’re already coming down with something and I’ve forced you out here in the cold. I’m sorry!”

“It’s okay”, Dan said with a small smile. “They say that you need to exit your comfort zone every once in a while. I suppose that means I’m good for the next few months now?”

“Yes”, Phil agreed warmly. “You were very brave. Now let’s get you home.”

Edited by Sophie<3

I REALLY HOPE THERE IS A SECOND PART UHM I LOVE DAN AND PHIL SNEEZ FICS. *explodes*.

I mean uhm.. nice fic dude <3

Sopppphie have I ever told you I love yooou?.

Moar.

Okay i'm too excite.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH SOPHIEEEEEEE! I WASN'T EXPECTING ANYTHING LIKE THIS AT ALL AND JUST AAAHHHHHFLDDLFKLDKFLDKF I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :heart:

Okay okay I'm gonna have to quote pretty much everything because I loved all of it so much!!!

Music was floating through the house. Dan was playing his piano, feeling peaceful,

DAN PLAYING PIANO, YEEEEE~ I think we're both agreed that piano playing is just... :inlove:

“Sorry, bear”

Gah, "bear" is like my favourite nickname ever!! All the 2009 feels :wub:

Dan raised one eyebrow questioningly. “Well, maybe you didn’t notice, but I was doing something.”

I love the sarcasm here! :rofl: It's so in character!

“Do I have a choice?”
“Not really, no”,

:lmfao: I adore this part!

Before Dan could reply anything, suddenly his head snapped forward. “Huh’UShh!”
Phil chuckled. “Were you so overwhelmed by my brilliant idea that you had to sneeze?”

THIS IS SO GOOD AND SO FUNNY AND SO ADORABLE OMG I'M GIGGLING SO MUCH.

“Is it?”, Dan asked quietly. Phil only blinked at him. “What do you mean, is it? Are you saying…” A slow smile began to spread on his face. “You’ve… never done it?”
Dan bit his lip and sniffled. “No”, he admitted then. “And I don’t think I’ve missed much.”
“Seriously?”, Phil asked in disbelief. “You don’t know how to do it?”
Dan scowled. “Like I said, I’m not interested.”
“Aw”, Phil said and pulled him into a hug. “You’re just scared, aren’t you? Don’t be! I’ll teach you!”

I love this whole concept, because I went ice skating once when I was about 13 - NEVER. AGAIN. I think I was on the ice for about ten seconds before I face planted. I never worked out how to stand on the ice without falling, let alone actually skate, and I've been avoiding it ever since! :laugh:

“If you want to go, sneeze!”, he said quickly.
“Huh’UShh! Hh’IShhH!”
“Hah! That’s a double Yes! We are totally going!”

THIS IS SUCH A PHIL THING TO DO AND POOR DAN AND JUST...IT'S SO CUTE, DAMN.

Phil rolled his eyes, and just when he was about to reply, he saw Dan’s eyes cloud over and his nose twitch slightly.
“Sneeze if you want me to help you get up!”, he said, rushing his words before… “Hehh’NTchhH!”
Dan wiped his nose and glared at Phil. “You really need to stop doing that.”
Phil was laughing. “But it works so well! See, now you just agreed to me doing this!”

Aaaand then Phil does it all over again! :lmfao:

“Phil!”, he yelled. “Stop! We’re going to die.”

This made me laugh so much, I love how dramatic he is! Very Dan :lol:

“Okay, that’s good”, Dan said, sniffling. He rubbed his nose to make the itch go away, but it only grew stronger. “Hhh’Esh’uh!”, he sneezed and fell over from the force.
Phil above him looked somewhere between amused and concerned.

This is so friggin cute how he actually fell over and everything and Phil doesn't know whether to be amused or worried and just :wub:

“Oh, no”, he said. “You’re already coming down with something and I’ve forced you out here in the cold. I’m sorry!”
“It’s okay”, Dan said with a small smile. “They say that you need to exit your comfort zone every once in a while. I suppose that means I’m good for the next few months now?”
“Yes”, Phil agreed warmly. “You were very brave. Now let’s get you home.”

URGH AND THIS LAST BIT WAS SO CUTE TOO WITH PHIL BEING ALL CARING. :heart:

You wrote their whole dynamic so adorably as well, oh my gosh. I just love that snarky-but-caring thing they have going on. :inlove:

I could probably flail about this for another million years and write an essay but seriously, Sophie...thank you so much! :hug::cryhappy: I got so excited when I saw this, especially since as you know, I love your writing, and needless to say, you've made me so, so happy! This has literally made my day! You're so lovely and I love you so much! I don't even know if I can ever thank you enough, just...

THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!! :heart:

I REALLY HOPE THERE IS A SECOND PART UHM I LOVE DAN AND PHIL SNEEZ FICS. *explodes*.

I mean uhm.. nice fic dude <3

Sopppphie have I ever told you I love yooou?.

Moar.

Okay i'm too excite.

Haha, thanks, Ellie! Love you, too! I wasn't really planning on a second part for this, but maybe I'll write more for the Phandom in the future? :) Glad you liked it!

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH SOPHIEEEEEEE! I WASN'T EXPECTING ANYTHING LIKE THIS AT ALL AND JUST AAAHHHHHFLDDLFKLDKFLDKF I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :heart:

Awww... sweetie! Your response made me so happy, you have no idea! I sat staring at the screen for about ten minutes, smiling and blushing like crazy and rereading your reply a million times! <3<3

Now, a few things:

1. Dan playing the piano, yess!! I play myself, so somehow I always feel really connected to other people who play it, too? Also, I think the piano is the most beautiful instrument of all! And Dan playing is just... :wub2:

2. The "bear" thing? I entirely picked that up from your stories! Basically, you made me ship Phan by osmosis! :rofl:

3. I think it's SO hilarious how our relationship with ice skating is basically the SAME?! :lmfao: I tried it once when I was about nine, did the same thing and ran away crying! After that, whenever people went and invited me, I had urgent things to do or fell ill mysteriously! :lol: But then, this winter, I tried it again and it was soooo hard! I sort of want to try it again now, but it was also kind of embarrassing how all the little kids and just everyone was so much better than me? :laugh:

So yeah, since I knew that you are slightly clumsy ( :hug: ), I thought you might enjoy the general theme of this!

4. I'm so glad you think that I've captured their dynamic well! I think this was actually my first Phanfic ever...? And yeah, snarky-but-caring might just be my favorite thing in the world (Exhibit A: Rob & Cassie, Exhibit B: Phan). :inlove:

Thanks so much for the lovely, detailed reply. LOVE YOU MORE!! ;):heart:

PS: I couldn't quote your entire post, because then our combined posts added up to "more emojis than the forum allows". LOL