Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spring and Other Irritants - xxxHolic, Watanuki/Doumeki

Aranea

I'm in a rare mood tonight! I really just want to write sickfic, haha. So I'm writing it here and posting it. I spent the day reading Holic Rei, and it really just reminded me of how much I loved the series. So, fic. Let me know what you think! It's my first time writing for the forum, and I'm trying hard!

Watanuki's eyes itched. His eyes itched, and his nose itched. Everything itched. He had spent all day discreetly rubbing at his nose with his wrist, trying not to draw any attention but feeling that idiot's eyes on him all the while.

It just made his eyes water even more, with frustration. Which made his nose run. If this kept up, he was going to have to leave to blow his nose, and then he would miss important information. He drew a sequence of spirals across his notebook, and looked down at the list of ingredients he would need to pick up on his way to the shop. Now that it was spring, there were several dishes he hadn't made in a while that he'd like to cook. A few of his favorites.

He cleared his throat. The pollen that was drifting in through the open windows was making it so scratchy! Watanuki rubbed his nose again with the back of his hand.

This class was never going to end. He shook his head, hoping he could clear it a little bit, but it stayed foggy. Across the room, he watched Doumeki turn, just so, looking straight at Watanuki. Not even bothering to pretend to pay attention, no. Hopefully Himawari-chan was taking good notes, because neither of them were going to have anything to show for this class.

Watanuki didn't even know what the teacher was droning on about. He could barely even hear beyond the buzzing of the bees outside.

He couldn't hear, actually. Only a loud, droning buzz. It was blocking out everything else. The pressure in his head was building to an intolerable level. He pressed his hands to his face, hoping it would help relieve some of the pressure. His vision whited out.

"Hey. Hey, you." Doumeki's face came into focus above Watanuki. "No, don't sit up. Lay back down. You fainted."

"..Oh," was all Watanuki could manage. His throat felt so dry!

"I brought you some water," Himawari chimed in. "Doumeki can help you drink it, OK? Class ended when you passed out - we were so close to done anyway, so teacher thought it would be best to just send everyone home, so they wouldn't stand around oggling."

"...That was nice."

"He was going to stick around and see how you were, but I told him Doumeki could handle it. We told him you had a special issue, but Doumeki was familiar with it and would be better equipped to deal with you than anyone else."

Doumeki pulled Watanuki up slowly, so he was leaning against the archer, and held the water to his lips so Watanuki could sip at it.

"We called over to the shop. You're going to stay there for a few days, until you're feeling better."

"...I'm feeling fine." Watanuki replied, the words grating in his throat. They caught, and he choked, coughing. Doumeki pulled him even more upright, and rubbed his back. When the fit ended, he gave Watanuki the water glass, allowing him to sip at it.

"Hn." he said. "You're a mess, is what you are." He took the glass back, and handed it to Himawari-chan. "I think we'll be fine. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

'Of course," Himawari said. "I hope you feel better, Watanuki!"

He just smiled at her, still leaning back against Doumeki. As soon as she was gone, he sneezed rapidly into the crook of his arm.

"Ugh," he said. "Disgusting."

Doumeki handed him his handkerchief. "You were holding that in all this time?" he asked.

"I couldn't sneeze in front of such a sweet girl like Himawari!"

"I don't think she would have minded. Get up, Yuuko is waiting for us."

"Waiting for us to make dinner..."

Doumeki didn't say anything, just hoisted Watanuki up. He slung both their school bags over his shoulder, so Watanuki could lean on him as they walked to the shop.

• 4 weeks later...

Uwaaa~ I've always wanted a sick!Watanuki fic :P And Doumeki is such a good caretaker as alwaysss...

Oh. my. god.

So this thread was UNFINDABLE for me for a while, I thought something glitched and it got deleted, so I never saw your comment! I am SO SORRY.

I'm really glad you liked it! I love DouWata, and seriously Watanuki NEEDS Doumeki to take care of him, seriously.

I am obsessed with xxxholic. I'm so pleased you wrote something for it! Aww watanuki <3

So due to my failing, I legit just saw your comment, and I am SO SORRY.

I LOVE Holic. It's the only manga I own all of, haha. DouWata is one of my OTPs, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it!!!!!!