Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hachimitsu Tea and Emi-chan's Ace Attorney collab

Hachimitsu Tea

Title: A Mild Dust-urbance
Pairing: Phoenix+Apollo, KlavierxApollo, Trucy, Athena

"Well", Phoenix said as he glanced down to the surface of the desk that was lined with a rather thick layer of dust. "This is a lot worse than what I remember."

With so many clients and cases over the past few months, he'd hardly spent 2 minutes in his chair. It even squeaked in protest as he lowered himself into it to assess the damage of his workplace. Over the past few months, it had unfortunately become a sanctuary for unused evidence, old, unimportant paperwork and business cards, missing pens and he could've sworn that Trucy had left a few props from one of her shows on it a few weeks back.

"What was the term the boss had used when Mr. Edgeworth saw it? Organized chaos?" Athena asked Apollo with a grin.

"And what was the reply Mr. Edgeworth gave to that?" Trucy piped up, mirroring Athena's grin. She then arranged her face into a passable imitation of Edgeworth's unimpressed expression. "'What a load of cock and bull,' wasn't it?"

All of them snickered at her impression of him.

"Sorry, Mr. Wright, but I think Mr. Edgeworth had a point," Apollo said with an apologetic smile. "I think it's the dust that blew your cover."

"Wouldn't be the first time," Phoenix mumbled.

Apollo heard his comment and considered asking what he'd meant, but decided against it.

"Well," Phoenix sighed, "even I have to admit that the state of this desk is getting out of hand. I guess I might as well bite the bullet and clean it now before it takes on a life of its own."

He hesitated a beat longer, staring reluctantly down at the dusty mess before him, then his eyes flicked hopefully over to Trucy. "Hey,Truce... Any chance you could just make all this disappear?"

"I dunno, Daddy," she said cheerfully. "Any chance you could just get me a new mommy already?"

Phoenix slouched forward, giving the same exasperated look he always gave when something ridiculous happened in court. "You just had to play the mommy card, didn't you?"

Trucy giggled, knocking herself on the head playfully and sticking out her tongue.

"There must be an easy way to get this done," Athena mused. She pondered for a moment, then snapped her fingers as an idea occurred to her. "Why don't you just drag a trash can over to one end and shove everything off the desk and into the trash?"

"That's how I clean my desk", Widget volunteered helpfully.

Everyone looked accusingly at Athena.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, going pink. "It's called conserving energy and using my resources wisely! You're all just jealous you did'nt think of it!"

"Besides, the new episode of Kung-fu Hotties was coming on in five minutes!" Widget blurted.

Phoenix and Apollo looked even less impressed than before, but Trucy smiled. "Ooh, you've got good taste, Athena!"

Phoenix and Apollo's eyes swung around to look at Trucy now instead. The younger girl shrugged, only looking a touch embarrassed. "What? They're hot! Actually, you might like it too, Daddy! There's this one guy who looks a little bit like Uncle Miles and--"

"Right, so! Desk cleaning!" Phoenix cut in quickly, his cheeks going a moderate shade of red. Athena snorted and even Apollo had to look down at the floor to hide a grin. "I wonder if any of the trash cans here in the office are big enough to handle all this junk..."

"Maybe we can just fill a trash bag?" Apollo suggested, mercifully coming to his bosss rescue. He went to the office supply closet and took one from the box, holding it up for Phoenix's consideration.

"Yeah," Phoenix said quickly, looking relieved that that awkward moment ago wasn't being harped on. "Great, perfect. Just bring it over here and spread it open on the floor."

Apollo hurried to do as he'd been told. Trucy and Athena traded amused glances, then looked away, covering their mouths to stifle giggles.

Phoenix stood at the ready, placing a hand behind the pile and using the other to keep anything from falling off the sides. Beads of sweat formed at his hairline when he noticed just how much dust coated each item, and he glanced at Apollo with an uncertain expression. Apollo, to Phoenix's surprise, looked similarly apprehensive.

"Ready?" Phoenix asked.

"M-maybe I should open the window first?" Apollo suggested.

"Uh, yeah, right," Phoenix agreed. "G-good thinking."

Athena let out an odd, exaggerated cough that sounded suspiciously like the word "stalling!" The two men pretended not to notice as Apollo opened the office window as wide as it would go.

"Is there anything anyone wants from here? Speak now or forever hold your peace..." Phoenix muttered.

A breeze meandered in through the window, disturbing the dust on the mountain of junk ever so slightly. Phoenix, who was stationed right next to it, wrinkled his nose as a tickle flared up in it, and rubbed his face on his shoulder. Trucy took a few steps closer to the desk to examine the items on offer one last time before they were disposed of. She was considering an old deck of cards on the corner of the desk when there was a sudden loud, "UPSHUH!!"

"Eeek!" Trucy squeaked, startled by the unexpected noise, and swung her gaze up to Phoenix.

He gave her a sheepish grin. "Heh, sorry."

"Jeez, boss," Athena sighed, slowly lowering the hand that had flown to her chest in shock. "You're trying to push it into the trash bag, not blast it off the table, remember?"

"Sorry, I had to sneeze!" Phoenix said. "I couldn't help it!"

"I know, I was just giving you a hard time," Athena replied with a smirk.

"Maybe you could warn us next time?" Trucy requested, puffing out her cheeks sullenly.

"I'll try." Phoenix resisted the urge to sniffle, rubbing his nose on his shoulder once again. "You seemed like you were going for something just then, Truce."

"Maybe these," she said with a nod, reaching for the pack of cards. "I haven't used them in a while, but I'm sure they're still good for something!"

After a second, she reached for something teal in the middle of the pile and pulled out a smaller pink hat. "And this. I don't want to get rid of this."

She gave it a good, quick shake and blew a tiny amount of dust off, frowning slightly when most stuck to the velvet.

Phoenix sniffled reflexively as the small amount of dust irritated his nose. "Guh-gonna sn-snee-eze!"

"HEDJISHIEW!! HEDJISH!! ADSHOO!!"

Startled, everyone looked over at Apollo, who was rubbing his nose, his cheeks going pink again. "E...excuse me."

Athena couldn't help but smile, but before she could open her mouth to say a word, Trucy practically squealed.

"Aww, Polly!" She laughed. "That was so cute!"

"T-Thanks, I... guess," Apollo replied as he lowered his face into his elbow with a wet sniffle, his ears scarlet. "EDJISHI!!"

"Ugh, now mine won't come out," Phoenix groaned. He scrubbed his face furiously on his shoulder, then waited, eyes closed and nose twitching. His breath hitched fruitlessly a few times, but nothing happened. Frustrated, he forced his eyes open and blushed slightly when he saw the girls watching him expectantly.

"Looks like you scared Mr. Wright's sneeze away, Apollo," Athena observed brightly.

"Uh, er... S-sorry, Mr. Wright," Apollo said shyly.

"Nah, don't worry about it," Phoenix assured him flatly. "I'm sure there'll be plenty more."

"Daddy has dust allergies," Trucy said, looking through the cards she'd salvaged from the trash pile. "Just like you, Polly."

Apollo looked at his boss in mild surprise. He hadn't been aware that Phoenix shared his dust woes. Phoenix clearly hadn't known this either, judging by the similar expression of surprise on his face.

"You too, Apollo?"

Apollo looked down at his shoes and gave a small nod. He wished they wouldnt all stare at him.

"That's kinda cute," Athena gushed, sharing a thrilled look with Trucy. "A sneezy papa bird and a sneezy little bird!"

"...Papa bird...?" Phoenix repeated, looking equal parts baffled and unimpressed.

"L-little bird?" Apollo stammered.

"Oh no," Trucy laughed, bringing her hands to her cheeks, "that's adorable!"

Phoenix and Apollo exchanged bewildered glances, but it only lasted a second before Phoenix found his slightly watery eyes squeezing shut again. "Gonna--" that was all the further his warning got before the sneezes tore through him. "HUHASHOO!! HUPSHOO! AGGSHOO!! HUHUSHHHH!!"

His fit snuck up on him so suddenly that he hadn't had time to cover his mouth, and ended up unintentionally blowing some more dust into the air. Apollo's breath began to hitch squeakily.

"Hih-hih--huh-ih...!" Without thinking, he hurried over to the window and stuck his head out. "HUDJESHOO!! UHJUSHIEW!! HUTCHUSHOO!! Hih-hihhhhhJESHUH!! HEHJUSHOO!! EHTSHII!!"

The wind outside carried his allergic spray away, but his nose was dripping freely. Apollo covered it helplessly, his ears and the back of his neck brilliantly flushed with embarrassment as the sound of Athena's snickering reached him. She was already laughing at him; how could he possibly turn around and face her with his nose running like this?

"Bless you, Polly!" an amused young female voice said from somewhere close behind him.

He saw Trucy at his elbow out of the corner of his eye reaching into her magic panties and pulling out some tissues, which she mercifully handed to him. Apollo accepted them with a mumbled thanks, burying his face in them before pulling his head back into the office. Phoenix was blowing his nose loudly near the desk, his breath still hitching teasingly. Apollo saw him rubbing furiously at his nose through the tissue and he managed to coax out another, "ATSHOO!! HUHUSHUH!!"

"I guess the rest of us should be glad you two didn't bring down the whole building on our heads with those bazooka blasts of yours, ay caramba!" Athena teased.

"Leave me alone," Apollo replied peevishly through his handful of tissues.

"Ugh... Bless you, Apollo," Phoenix sniffled, tossing his own tissues in the trash and giving his pink-tipped nose another little rub.

"Y-yeah, you too," Apollo said, unable to meet his boss's eyes.

"What say we get this over with as quickly as possible so we don't prolong our suffering?" Phoenix suggested, kneading at his itchy eyes with his knuckle. "These two are getting way too much enjoyment out of this."

"Who? Us?" Trucy asked innocently, fooling no one.

"Never!" Athena added just as unconvincingly.

Apollo nodded, keeping his eyes off of the girls behind him, but his scarlet ears proved that he could still feel their gazes.

"On three?" he asked, wrinkling his nose with another sharp sniffle as it began to run once again.

"On three," Phoenix confirmed, grasping on to a corner of an old, thick folder.

"T-Three....tuh...TUH-JUSHIEW!...ugh," Apollo sniffled. "Two....one...go!"

Phoenix gave the pile a hearty shove, sending it cascading into the bag and crashing against the floor, providing them with another large cloud of dust that filled the air.

Apollo instantly leapt back, making it behind his own desk just in time to swipe a handful of tissues and covered his face with them for protection before blowing his nose harshly.

Phoenix did the same, covering his own face with his sleeve. It was too little, too late. Phoenix drew in a sharp, involuntary breath, his head falling back helplessly, allergic tears streaming down his cheeks. "HuuuuuuuuhhhAKSHOO!! HURRUSHUH!! UKUSHUH!!"

He crouched down behind the desk in a weak attempt to escape the dust in the air, aiming violent, uncovered sneezes at the floor. "HUHUSH-USH-USHOO!! HUHUSHOO!!"

"Jeez, boss," Athena sighed, tossing the box of tissues from her own desk to the ground nearby. "Salud."

Things were quiet from Apollo's corner, but only in comparison to Phoenix's explosive releases. The younger attorney had managed to escape the worst of the dust cloud, but that by no means meant that he wasn't feeling the effects.

"Hihhh-hihh-hihh-hihhhhhhh...!" Apollo's nostrils flared, his bottom lip trembling desperately as his sinuses were teased. He hid his face in his arms, mortified by his hoarse, squeaking buildup but unable to stop it. He gave a miserable little moan and scrubbed his nose on the back of his wrist.

Meanwhile Trucy had sprawled out over the surface of his desk, her chin propped up on one hand and her phone in the other. "Can't sneeze, Polly?"

"D...Doh," he admitted softly before his cheeks reddened even more at the sight of her phone. "Add you better dot be recordi'g this..."

"Here, let me help you," she offered, ignoring his concern. Keeping her phone steady, she reached out and gave him several quick taps on the nose.

"H-Hey!" He gasped quickly, his eyebrows arching before he snapped forward with a series of uncovered sneezes. "Hihh-I'DJIEWW! HUH'JISHOO! HEH-JUSHHOO!"

He quickly scrambled to cover his running nose with his hands, searching blindly for the box of tissues.

Trucy held the box out to him with a grin, and he could've sworn he'd seen her lift her thumb off the screen. No way...

"Bless you, again!" she chirped. "Why are your sneezes so much cuter than--"

"HAPPSHOO!! ACKSHOI!! APSHOOUH!!"

"--that?" she finished, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, give the boss some credit," Athena said with a smirk. "His have kind of a dorky-cute appeal, even if they aren't squeaky-cute like Apollo's."

Now even Phoenix's ears looked a tad flushed. "I cad't believe we're actually-- HUHUSHUH!!-- ugh, discussi'g this... UTSHOO!!"

Apollo couldn't reply at the moment; his breath had started hitching again. Between his desperation and having his watering eyes squeeze shut, he didn't even notice that Trucy was recording a close-up of his face as he waited for the sneezes to emerge.

He was only aware that she was even still watching him when she extended a single slender finger and rubbed his nose gently. He let out a tiny whine as the already intense tickle increased, his jaw falling open and his bottom lip quivering as he lingered just on the brink of a sneezing fit.

"Sss....suh...S-stop doing t-JISHOOO! HUH-DJISHIEWW!" he took in a shaky breath, miserably cupping his hands over his face as his eyebrows furrowed once again. "I-ISHOO! Heh-HUH'JUSHOO! HR-JESHOO!"

After a moment, he sniffled wetly and slowly slumped down against the wall, keeping his hands pressed to face.

"Bless you, bless you!" Trucy replied with a smile, sliding the box toward him, and this time he could only sigh as he swiped a handful and turned away to blow his nose.

"À tes souhaits, Gesundheit," Athena called out from across the room. "Salud, dinero, amor."

For a moment, Phoenix let a smile take over, still rather impressed that such a powerful sneeze could come from his junior partner.

Apollo didn't seem to notice any of it, taking a fresh tissue to dab at his eyes. Phoenix's smile morphed into a frown as the sounds from moments before echoed from Trucy's phone and Athena snickered.

"Okay, okay, hold it," he said, loud enough to get their attention before sniffling himself and making his way to the younger defense attorney who rubbed his eyes. "You okay, Apollo?"

Apollo's eyes widened suddenly and he nodded, taking in another cringe-worthy sniffle.

"Y-Yeah, I'b fide."

Phoenix didn't look quite convinced. "Sorry... I guess that was a pretty stupid way to get the job dode. I should've thought to hold the trash bag up to the desk so it did't bake that big cloud whed all that judk hit the floor..."

Apollo squirmed uncomfortably when faced with Phoenix's guilty expression.
"I didd't thigk of it either," he pointed out in a mumble.

Phoenix seemed to appreciate Apollo's willingness to share the blame. He gave him a small, sympathetic smile and clapped his shoulder lightly. "Cobe od, we'll probably feel a little better after washi'g our faces."

Apollo got to his feet, keeping his humiliated gaze fixed firmly on the floor and allowing Phoenix to lead the way to the restroom.

"You delete that video you took od your phode, Trucy," Phoenix said warningly over his shoulder.

She looked surprisingly fine with that command. "Sure, Daddy. I already sent it to Prosecutor Gavin anyway so I don't really need it anymore."

Apollo's cheeks heated immediately even as his insides turned to ice. "Y-Y-You what? You- I..." He seemed at a complete loss for words for a moment before he deflated and let out a final, horrified croak. "What?"

A few beats of awkward silence passed (or at least it seemed awkward to Apollo) before the soft buzz of Apollo's phone broke the quiet. He fished it out of his pocket automatically with numb, trembling hands and looked down at the text he'd just received.

"Gesundheit <3" was all it read. Apollo dropped to his knees in mortification, his phone slipping from between his fingers, his eyes processing only the horrific images racing through his mind. Somehow that stupid little heart mark made it all the more embarrassing.

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen, Polly," Trucy scolded cheerfully. "I did you a favor! I happen to know that Prosecutor Gavin thinks your sneezes are really cute."

"I think we can all agree on that," Athena chimed in helpfully.

Apollo glared at her sullenly, his brilliantly flushed cheeks and slightly puffy, watery eyes undermining the effect somewhat. "A'd just how does that do be ady favors? If that coudts as a favor to adyode, it'd be Prosecutor Gavid... How do you eved kdow what he thigks about that adyway?"

She grinned, pressing a finger to her lips. "I guess you could say a little birdie told me," she laughed before exchanging glances with Athena. "Not Daddy, though. Different birdie."

Phoenix sighed. "How did you eved get Prosecutor Gavid's dubber? ...Id case you're wodderi'g, by the way, you're..." Phoenix, who had raised his finger disapprovingly at his daughter, hesitated, and Apollo could tell he was searching for the right words. Suddenly the older lawyer's face crumpled, his nose twitching before he pitched into his sleeve again. "HUHREHHUH!! EHHOO!! You're id trouble for this... I bead it this tibe."

Trucy pouted. "Daddy, that's so unfair! A few months ago, Polly and Prosecutor Gavin went out to one of those drive-in movies and Polly promised they'd pick me up after my show if I didn't tell. So Prosecutor Gavin gave me his phone number so I could call when I was ready."

Apollo didn't even have to look at Athena to see the shit-eating grin on her face and his ears burned.

"When was this again?" She asked coyly. "A few months ago?"

"You kdow, Trucy," Apollo groaned. "Dod't you thigk there was a reasod your ride was id exchadge for a well-kept secret? That doesd't bead you cad blurt it out later."

She only smiled. "Well, since I got home safely, I figured all bets were off."

Apollo rolled his eyes and he sniffled again, finally feeling like he could take in a breath without his throat and sinuses protesting. He kept his line of vision away from Phoenix who he knew must be looking at him with the most curious of looks. He would almost bet money on it.

Instead, he heard Phoenix clear his throat.

"So," he said finally. "You're telli'g be you used sobethi'g that was gived to use as a helpful resource, for blackbail?"

Trucy froze, her pout becoming a touch guilty. "Well I... Jeez, Daddy, when you say it like that..."

Athena stood. "Come on, boss. It was completely harmless."

"It doesd't look like Apollo agrees," Phoenix pointed out.

Apollo sniffled and let out a disconsolate "HUHJUSHIEW!!" uncovered at the floor.

"Bless you," Trucy said softly. "I'm...sorry I sent that video to Prosecutor Gavin. You two have been getting along so nicely lately, I thought maybe you could use a little extra help."

"Wh-what?" Apollo stammered, going red again. "I dod't kdow if I'd say we... H-help with what, exactly?"

"With getting together, of course!" Athena said matter of factly. "He obviously likes you, and everyone can see how much more flustered you get around him than anyone else."

"I dod't...I dod't kdow what you're talki'g about..." he muttered.

"Yes, you do," Trucy smirked. "When he's around, you--"

"Your heart sings!" Athena finished cheerfully. "I know, I can hear it."

Apollo's stomach flipped over. How could he have forgotten about Athena's special ability? Remembering it made him feel incredibly exposed.

"Oh... no, no, no!" Athena said quickly, holding her hands up in a placating gesture. "I'm not judging you for it or anything! I think it's fantastico!"

"Yeah, we're totally behind you, Polly!" Trucy agreed enthusiastically. "That's why I thought I'd try to help a little!"

Apollo sighed, running a hand through his hair and trying to disguise his reddening ears.

"Well, thanks... I think," he mumbled, plucking another tissue from the box and blowing his nose forcefully.

When he'd finally managed to cool down just a little, a knock at the front door caught everyone's attention. Apollo went pale. He looked at Trucy, then Athena, searching for any sign that they knew who was at the door. Their faces were blank. Apollo turned his gaze onto Phoenix. The expression he found on his mentor's face wasn't quite knowing, but he looked as though he has a suspicion about who was knocking. Apollo had his own suspicion, but he prayed he was wrong.

"Please," Apollo groaned, turning to Phoenix, "tell me you have a client coming in."

Phoenix gave him a sympathetic smile. "Sorry."

Apollo's eyes darted around desperately, taking stock of all possible escape routes. There weren't many choices, not unless he wanted to jump out the window. Trucy, meanwhile, strode toward the door, and clutched the doorknob.

"W-wait...!" Apollo hissed furiously, but it was too late; Trucy had opened the door. Apollo was certain his heart had stopped as his worst fears about who their visitor might be were confirmed. Suddenly jumping out the window was looking like a very appealing option.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" a smooth, accented voice said.

Phoenix tossed Apollo a sympathetic look.

"Nope, nothing at all," Trucy said brightly. "Actually, we were just talking about you!"

"Oh?" Klavier asked with a grin, fiddling idly with his golden bangs. "All good things, I hope?"

Trucy beamed. "Always good things," she replied with a smile, her eyes drawn to the bag on Klavier's hip. "Did you bring us goodies? Souvenirs?"

He chuckled. "Not this time, fraulein. I'm afraid I only have gifts for Herr Forehead this time around."

Trucy stuck her tongue out. "Boo. Oh well. Next time, right, Prosecutor Gavin? I want a t-shirt.

"I can't resist a request from a lovely lady," Klavier said warmly. "I'll make a note of it."

Klavier's eyes flicked over to Phoenix, who was rubbing his nose and watching their exchange like a hawk. The prosecutor wisely angled his body away from Trucy and rested his hand on his bag.

"Herr Wright," Klavier said cautiously, giving Phoenix a nod of greeting. "You're looking, er... I wish I could say you look well, but..."

Phoenix grimaced. "Gee, thanks." He sniffled and rubbed his nose again. "It's these stupid allergies."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Klavier said diplomatically. "There seems to be a bit of that going around."

Klaviers gaze flitted over to Apollo at last. Apollo's spine stiffened nervously and his cheeks went bright pink as he looked down at the floor. Phoenix wrinkled his nose.

"That's actually why I'm here," Klavier continued. He reached into his bag and pulled out a much smaller one, made of paper. Judging by the logo on it, it had come from a pharmacy. "I received an anonymous tip that at least one person at this office was suffering from allergies, and quite badly at that."

"Anonymous," Phoenix repeated, unable to keep from smiling a little. "Right."

Trucy and Athena looked at each other and had to bite their lips to keep from giggling.

"Ah, I see," Klavier said with a smile. "It seems that this tipper was not so anonymous after all."

Apollo tried his best not to let a mortified groan escape as he lowered his head even more and tried to keep the prosecutor from noticing the puffiness of his eyes and his still-running nose.

"In any case, I couldn't help feeling sorry," Klavier explained. He gave Phoenix a glance, seeking his permission to enter. Phoenix stepped aside, a wordless expression of approval. Klavier gave him a grateful smile and set his sights on Apollo once more. "I hoped I might be able to help."

Apollo fidgeted uncomfortably as Klavier came to a stop right in front of him. Part of him wanted to turn his back on the prosecutor, but the other part of him acknowledged that that would be both rude and childish and kept him firmly planted in place. "I-I'm fine," Apollo croaked. "...'m fine..."

"Forgive me if I'm having a hard time believing you," Klavier said softly. "Perhaps if you could look me in the eye as you said it, that might lend some credibility to your claim."

Apollo bit the inside of his cheek, closing his eyes tightly for a second before blinking them open and staring petulantly at the bookshelf, his pride refusing to give in. Apparently Klavier was serious about having Apollo look at him because tanned, guitar-string callused fingers were suddenly tracing Apollo's chin lightly. A tiny shiver ran down Apollo's spine at the warmth and tenderness of Klavier's touch, and when Klavier lifted Apollo's face, the younger attorney grudgingly allowed it.

"Ahh, armes Ding," Klavier murmured, his usual grin suddenly nowhere to be found. "You poor thing."

Phoenix, who had been watching this exchange with almost as much interest as the two girls, suddenly realized that they were intruding on a rather private and potentially significant moment in Klavier and Apollo's relationship. It wasn't fair for them to risk messing this up for Apollo. The poor boy had suffered enough for today. Phoenix cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Er, you know what? I suddenly remembered I've got a, uh... toilet... to clean," he said unconvincingly, spitting out the first excuse that came to mind. "Why don't you two help me?"

The girls tore their eyes away from the sight of the rock-god prosecutor caressing their co-worker's cheeks sympathetically and gave Phoenix a look that clearly said that they wanted to protest. Eleven years ago, before he'd met a certain master of the Kurain channelling technique, he might not have known how to handle such an expression. Unfortunately for Athena and Trucy, however, Phoenix now possessed an ironclad defense against that sort of thing. He put a hand firmly on each of their shoulders and steered them through the door, closing it behind them.

Apollo couldn't decide whether he was glad or horrified to see them go. This thought might have been more prominent in his mind if it weren't for the fact that Klavier had taken a tissue from one of the packets hed brought and was dabbing gently at Apollo's itchy, watery eyes.

"Here, tilt your head back," Klavier instructed, lifting Apollo's chin even more.

The younger attorney swallowed hard and allowed Klavier to manipulate his head. He didn't notice that Klavier had a little bottle of eyedrops in his hand until he was positioning it over Apollo's eye. Apollo's eyelids began to flutter instinctively in anticipation of the medicine being dispensed.

"I know its hard, Herr Forehead, but bitte, try to keep your eyes open," Klavier said with a smile.

"R-right... sorry," Apollo muttered. He was so red from Klavier's prolonged touch and close proximity that he was sure he looked like he had a bad sunburn.

Klavier put two drops in each of Apollo's eyes and dabbed away the excess with the tissue before wiping at Apollo's running nose. Apollo's stomach clenched in horror as the disturbance to his nose caused the allergic tickle to flare up again with a vengeance.

"Ahh, ngghh..." Apollo sniffled sharply and attempted to jerk his chin out of Klavier's hand. "I-I'm... Hih, Hih-hihhh..! I'm gonna--!"

Klavier still refused to release him, but he quickly shook another tissue from the packet and covered Apollo's nose and mouth with it. "Keine sorge, don't worry, I have you covered."

Apollo let out another little whine of protest, but was in no position to argue as his breath hitched squeakily. Klavier gave his nose a gentle rub through the tissue. That was all Apollo needed to push him over the edge. He tried to at least keep his teeth clenched so that they wouldn't come out quite as embarrassingly loud.

"HITCHISHH!! HKCHISHH!! HGJUSHIEW!! Hih-hih-hihhhhKIJISHIEW!!"

Well that had failed miserably. Apollo was almost afraid to open his eyes and see the inevitable look of disgust on Klavier's face.

"Gesundheit," Klavier murmured, stroking Apollo's cheek with his thumb and wiping away an allergic tear. "Are you ok?"

Apollo's puffy eyelids eased open nervously. The look of concern and sympathy Klavier was aiming at him made his heart stumble nervously. "Y-yeah, sorry... Ugh, that was gross..."

Klavier shook his elegant head, giving him a touch of a smile. "At the risk of sounding callous to your obvious suffering, I actually found it rather cute. Here, blow."

Baffled, and embarrassed but also relieved and astonished, Apollo shyly obeyed.

"Th-thanks," Apollo croaked, rubbing his nose on the back of his wrist once Klavier had finally released him. His instincts told him to back away a bit, but he felt anchored to the prosecutor as if by a magnetic force. Some small part of him acknowledged that he was hoping Klavier would touch him again.

Klavier, for his part, seemed glad that Apollo hadn't tried to put more distance between them. He reached into his little paper bag once more and drew out a small bottle of allergy medication. "Nein, it was my pleasure... Can I interest you in some allergy medicine?"

"Um... y-yeah, that'd probably be a good idea," he agreed.

He held out his hand for Klavier to shake some pills into, but the rockstar shook them into his own hand instead, holding one up to Apollo's lips. Apollo blinked in shock and Klavier gave him a smile tinged with just a touch of mischief.

"Say ah, Herr Forehead."

Apollo licked his lips nervously, hesitating, then obediently opened his mouth...

Meanwhile, Athena and Trucy had slipped away from their cleaning duties while Phoenix was distracted with scrubbing the toilet and had their ears pressed against the door of the office.

"Do you hear anything, Athena?" Trucy whispered.

A wide smile spread across the older girl's face. "Only a lot of happiness and nervousness."

Trucy mirrored her grin. "I knew it! I was right to send Prosecutor Gavin that video!"

She brought a finger thoughtfully to her lip. "I guess that means I had nothing to be sorry about after all."

"Guess not," Athena agreed.

"Hey, Polly!" Trucy called through the door. "I take back my apology from earlier! And you owe me big time! Dont forget, ok?!"

The silence from the office beyond the door was suddenly broken by the sound of warm, deep laughter and horrified sputtering.

"Are you two still out there?!" Apollo demanded hotly. "G-go away!"

They two of them laughed. They'd let Klavier and Apollo have their moment for now; gratuity fees could, and would, be extracted later.

Edited by Hachimitsu Tea

I am wholeheartedly in love with this entire thing. <3 The premise, characterisation, spellings~ everything's beautiful and perfect.

klavier is such a sweetheart to poor little apollo augh <£333333

:stretcher:

• 2 weeks later...
Aaahh! I so love the gay lawyers!! Apollo and Phoenix both having dust allergies = headcanon accepted! And Klavier was so sweet!

(And that pun in the title was so funny!!! :laugh:)

I don't even really know these characters very well, but this was written with such fantastic atmosphere and detail, I didn't need to! A very cute story >w< Allergies aren't usually my favorite, but I absolutely loved the teasing Trucy gave Apollo, as well as Phoenix's general annoyance about the whole thing LOL. And the bit at the end with Klavier was GORGEOUS!! I fell in love with everything. A wonderful story <3