Sneeze Fetish Forum

Black Out - SPN (Sam, Castiel)

MaiMai

This was written according to a prompt by the awesome North, which I will put at the end! Lots of fluff and (hopefully :lol: ) some humour!

Hope I did your prompt justice, North! ^_^

-

Black Out

The distant rumble of thunder slunk gradually closer, predatory, until it was practically right over head the bunker. This didn't worry Dean: the bunker had survived far worse things than a simple lightning storm.

Bright white flashes of lightning progressed from occasional to frequent, periodically giving the room a stark, skeletal glow and illuminating the two figures at the window.

"I do dnot understadd why hubman childred are taught to do such a thidg."

"A lot of childred are afraid of thunderstormbs, Cas. The coudtidg is a way of bmakidg it less scary..."

Dean listened idly to their conversation from the kitchen. It had been going on like this, round in circles, for nearly half an hour now.

Yet another crash of thunder sounded, this time taking Dean by surprise, and the counting started up again.

"Onde...two...three...f-four-hheh-heh'CHSHEW!"

"hhi'ihTSHYU!"

Dean chuckled to himself, shaking his head as he leant against the door frame.

"So you two have even got that down in unison too now, huh?"

Castiel was still sniffling, looking bemused; Sam rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah."

Dean winced involuntarily at the gruff state of his voice, far from his brother's usual tone.

"You're soundin' better than ever over there, Barry White."

Sam glowered at the jibe, but was somewhat appeased when a packet of cough drops landed in his lap.

"Thadks..."

"No problem. Cas, d'you need anything?"

The angel gave him an inquisitive look, "Such as what, D-Deadn-"

His voice caught and his slim frame shook with coughs that he directed at the floor. Dean gave his brother a look, and Sam instantly understood what he meant: Dean had made it very clear from the beginning that, considering this was Sam's cold in the first place, steering Castiel through this particular human experience was entirely his responsibility.

"Here, Cas, like this," He guided Castiel's hand to cover his mouth. The angel nodded briefly to show he understood, yet once the fit had passed remained with one hand clamped over his mouth.

"Erm, you cand stop dnow, Cas."

"Oh..." His voice was quickly fading, cracking around the edges. Dean wasn’t entirely sure whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing if the two of them lost their voices. Most likely a positive, from his perspective.

Another grumble of thunder reverberated through the bunker, a flash of lightning following barely a second later.

"That stormb doesd't sound ligke it's...ligke it's...hh-heeh..."

Sam struggled for a moment, before there was another glare of blinding light that seemed to push him over the edge.

"hhhi-YSHEEW! hht'ehshEEW!"

"Damn, bless ya."

Dean frowned at them, huddled up on the sofa, the rain hammering on the glass behind them. They really did look pitiful, all messy hair and sick-day stubble, tired eyes and slumping shoulders.

"D'you want some tea or somethin'?"

Sam brightened visibly at the prospect; Dean could tell, even with the tissues that were currently obscuring the lower portion of his brother's face.

Dork.

"I'll take that as a yes, then. Gimme a few minutes."

Once again, this 'tea' was yet another concept that seemed to be completely alien to Castiel. Sam was one step ahead, already explaining to him.

"Tea is bmade of leaves, which you thed diffuse idto hot water, and add bmilk to. It's sort of a hubman traditiod to dridk it whend you're sigck-"

Castiel wrinkled his nose; plants and milk? No thanks.

Dean switched the kettle on, humming Metallica vaguely to himself. At least with the bunker, it was a lot easier than being in a motel roo-

CRASH.

Abruptly, the kitchen was plunged into near-darkness.

"Shit."

The storm had zapped the power.

He stumbled back into the lounge, squinting into the gloom.

"Sam? Cas?"

"The stormb cut out the power, didd't it?"

"Yeah, Cas, I think it did."

"I'mb dnot-"

Their exchange was interrupted by harsh coughing.

"Damn, Sammy, are ya even still breathing?"

"That, umb...that isd't bme. That's Cas."

"Wait, what?"

Dean blinked as lightning flashed again, revealing Sam sitting upright and Castiel hunched over, obviously the source of the coughing.

"Oh my god, Sam. You sound like Cas."

"I do dnot!"

Dean laughed, "No, seriously, man do you sound like him. Cas, whaddaya think? Cas?"

The angel was mysteriously quiet all of a sudden.

"Castiel...?"

"Ouch!"

"What?"

Sam grimaced, "Was that you or Cas that just poked bme?"

"Well it weren't me."

Castiel nudged Sam again, remaining silent, and he suddenly understood.

"Shit, Deand, I thidk Cas has...I thidk he-he's-losthisvoiceheh'ehsshh!"

Groping for the tissues in the dark, Sam accidentally happened upon Castiel's hand. The angel felt oddly warm in contrast to his own skin, which was strange: he was aware owing to the slight lightness of his head, the touch of weakness in his knees that he was running a mild fever himself.

"What was that?"

Sam blinked, realising his brother was speaking, "Sorry, what?"

"What did'ya say? It was kinda hard to understand."

"Oh, uh. I said I thidk Cas has-"

"hiih-hhi'ttshuhh!"

"-lost his voice. Bless you, Cas."

Dean sighed, "Less 'lost'. More like had it stolen by you. This had better not be some sorta freaky curse."

"Doubt it," Sam drew his legs up to his chest, shivering in the darkness. A brief spark of lightning revealed the scene for a second. Dean, stood before the sofa, Sam on one side, Castiel curled up and frantic-looking on the other.

"Cas, y'know, it's okay. Your voice will be back in a couple days at the most."

This didn’t seem to afford Castiel much comfort, but he nodded regardless.

"Alright, I'll go turn on the emergency power in the basement. You two sit tight here."

"Doh, Deand. I'mb goidg with y-you-hh-hheh'isshhew!"

"Like hell y'are, Sammy. It's in the basement: I ain't taking you down there to inhale a load of dust, 'specially not like this."

Sam glowered at Dean, but realising he couldn't see it, instead gave an obviously disgruntled, "Fide."

It took Dean a little more time than he would have liked to make his way all the way to the bottom floor of the bunker, finding his way only by night vision and touch. The backup power, thankfully, was unharmed by the raging storm, and he flicked it on quickly.

The return trip was a little smoother - only the scene that Dean was met with in the lounge, not quite so.

Castiel had Sam in a death grip, and it looked as though he was...peering into his mouth?

“Ca’thiel, Deadn wathd’t bei’g s’rious-” Sam was attempting to explain with difficulty. Despite his endeavour, Castiel remained totally focused on his task, squinting into his mouth.

“Cas, uh, what are you doing?”

The angel glanced over his shoulder, and Sam took advantage of his moment of distraction to duck his head into an elbow, “hehh’ktCHEW! hhhh...hh’ehsheew! I thidk Cas toogk you a bit too literally whed you said I’d stoled his voice…”

“Ah. Uh, Cas, I wasn’t bein’ serious. It was a joke; a figure of speech.”

Castiel slowly loosened his grasp on Sam, giving Dean a quizzical look as if to say, ‘really?’

“Yeah, I’m, uh...sorry. Didn’t realise you’d think I was-”

hh-hihh’shiyuu!”

“Bless ya. Being serious. I think that’s the cue for more medicine.”

Sam nodded in agreement, “Probably a good idea.”

“Hey, don’t think you’re not gettin’ any,” Dean added, pointing a finger almost accusingly at his brother.

“What? Why?”

“You’re sick too, moron. Sit tight and try not to get into any more...strange situations while I’m gone.”

-

The prompt: 'What if...when Sam and Cas catch a cold at the same time, their voices change... Sam's gets rumblier and into the lower pitch and Cas just loses it all together? And then, I don't know...power's out because of a bad storm... How does Dean know who's who in the dark? How does he care for them?'

Edited by MaiMai

Awwwwwwwwww :D sooooo happy with the ending :D I want to cuddle sick and feverish Cas!!! But first... a little play by play of my favorite bits :D

"Onde...two...three...f-four-hheh-heh'CHSHEW!"

"hhi'ihTSHYU!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE synchronized sneezing :D

Dean winced involuntarily at the gruff state of his voice, far from his brother's usual tone.

"You're soundin' better than ever over there, Barry White."

Of course Dean would make fun of his sick brother by using the world's most famous low voice singer. Gives us a very good idea of Sam's voice though :)

The angel gave him an inquisitive look, "Such as what, D-Deadn-"

His voice caught and his slim frame shook with coughs that he directed at the floor. Dean gave his brother a look, and Sam instantly understood what he meant: Dean had made it very clear from the beginning that, considering this was Sam's cold in the first place, steering Castiel through this particular human experience was entirely his responsibility.

Two things here... first... that sentence about how Cas was coughing was hot. And the fact that Dean had made it clear that since it was Sam's fault Castiel was sick, this was his responsibility. Didn't stop him to care for him as he does his brother :)

Dean frowned at them, huddled up on the sofa, the rain hammering on the glass behind them. They really did look pitiful, all messy hair and sick-day stubble, tired eyes and slumping shoulders.

Pause ||

Perfect image right there :D Kind of remind me of this, from SSSmithington's comic too :D

Castiel wrinkled his nose; plants and milk? No thanks.

LOL Cas is difficult :P I bet he doesn't like the taste of cough syrup too... must be why he's coughing so hard :D

"The stormb cut out the power, didd't it?"

"Yeah, Cas, I think it did."

"I'mb dnot-"

Their exchange was interrupted by harsh coughing.

"Damn, Sammy, are ya even still breathing?"

"That, umb...that isd't bme. That's Cas."

"Wait, what?"

Dean blinked as lightning flashed again, revealing Sam sitting upright and Castiel hunched over, obviously the source of the coughing.

"Oh my god, Sam. You sound like Cas."

That part and everything after was too cute for words. I mean... awwwwwwwwwwww Dean's confusion about the voice thing is adorable. And hot. And talking about hot...

Groping for the tissues in the dark, Sam accidentally happened upon Castiel's hand. The angel felt oddly warm in contrast to his own skin, which was strange: he was aware owing to the slight lightness of his head, the touch of weakness in his knees that he was running a mild fever himself.

YUM :D I love the comparison between both their body heat :) That cold his hitting Cas a little harder than Sam it seams....

A brief spark of lightning revealed the scene for a second. Dean, stood before the sofa, Sam on one side, Castiel curled up and frantic-looking on the other.

I love Cas' reaction to the mere mention of his voice stolen by Sam.

Castiel had Sam in a death grip, and it looked as though he was...peering into his mouth?

“Ca’thiel, Deadn wathd’t bei’g s’rious-” Sam was attempting to explain with difficulty. Despite his endeavour, Castiel remained totally focused on his task, squinting into his mouth

And ultimately this little gem of an image. LOL. Darnit Cas you feverish mess!

“Ah. Uh, Cas, I wasn’t bein’ serious. It was a joke; a figure of speech.”

And I loved this quote.... Cas always take things too literally and that was perfect :D

“You’re sick too, moron. Sit tight and try not to get into any more...strange situations while I’m gone.”

And of course, it was ALL SAM'S FAULT :D hihi

Wow so thank you for an wonderful story :D It hit all the right buttons *blush*

Edited by Northern Angel

AHHHHHHHHH MAI MAI~

I smiled the entire time, all the way through this fic. Seriously, this was ADORABLE. So, so, so many good lines here xDD. I love it when Dean called Sam "Barry White." That is so something he would say, and I laughed outright when I read it. Also, Cas is always made into an adorable, precious ball of sweetness whenever you write him, so I was overcome with so many Cas-feels during this fic xDD

My favorite part had to be when the lights when out and Dean kept mistaking them for one another xDD. That was really well-done! Overall, fantastic work as always <3. Thanks so much for writing!

This whole thing was hysterical and brilliant! I would need to quote everything!

The comedy, the caring, detail...my lord your writing is marvelous. I really felt like i was in the room with them. :D

LET ME FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS HERE BECAUSE I ALREADY FLAILED ON SKYPE TO YOU ABOUT THIS BUT OH MY GOD.

I AM NO LONGER IN NANDO'S SO I CAN COMMENT.

Mai, this is just wonderful. I know you were nervous about posting this but it is just too good. You're converting me into enjoying poor Sammy :lol:

I would love to quote things but I can't so I'll just ramble.

I love the imagery. The descriptions of the storm are just amazing, you created a perfect scene in the bunker.

You know I loved the part where Dean says Sam sounds like Cas :rofl: it was so damn funny omg. And totally something Dean would say.

I can't even form parts of this I love because I would quote the entire thing but I love this.

It is adorable, fluffy, funny and just perfect.

It hit all my buttons and tugged on my H/C heart.

Perfect! <3 YOU ARE PERFECT AND THIS IS PERFECT~

Sorry for bumping this, but the comments are all so lovely and I need to reply to them! >w<

Awwwwwwwwww sooooo happy with the ending I want to cuddle sick and feverish Cas!!! But first... a little play by play of my favorite bits

I'm so glad you're happy with it, North! Thank you so much for letting me write one of your awesome prompts and for telling me which parts you liked!! <3

AHHHHHHHHH MAI MAI~

I smiled the entire time, all the way through this fic. Seriously, this was ADORABLE. So, so, so many good lines here xDD. I love it when Dean called Sam "Barry White." That is so something he would say, and I laughed outright when I read it. Also, Cas is always made into an adorable, precious ball of sweetness whenever you write him, so I was overcome with so many Cas-feels during this fic xDD

My favorite part had to be when the lights when out and Dean kept mistaking them for one another xDD. That was really well-done! Overall, fantastic work as always <3. Thanks so much for writing!

AAAAHHHH SCATTER! Thank you so much!!! <3 I love writing Castiel really fluffy, ahaha! And I enjoyed writing the Barry White line. :yay: When I got the prompt I knew I would have to go there! :laugh:

I I don't know what to say. I cannot form an intelligent response.

:boom:

I'll take that as a compliment? :P Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

This whole thing was hysterical and brilliant! I would need to quote everything!

The comedy, the caring, detail...my lord your writing is marvelous. I really felt like i was in the room with them. :D

Waahhh thank you Pyrus, that's really high praise! :heart: It's always reassuring to know that the comedy works in my fics, and I tried really hard to create a realistic scene in this, so thank you!

LET ME FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS HERE BECAUSE I ALREADY FLAILED ON SKYPE TO YOU ABOUT THIS BUT OH MY GOD.

I AM NO LONGER IN NANDO'S SO I CAN COMMENT.

Mai, this is just wonderful. I know you were nervous about posting this but it is just too good. You're converting me into enjoying poor Sammy :lol:

I would love to quote things but I can't so I'll just ramble.

I love the imagery. The descriptions of the storm are just amazing, you created a perfect scene in the bunker.

You know I loved the part where Dean says Sam sounds like Cas :rofl: it was so damn funny omg. And totally something Dean would say.

I can't even form parts of this I love because I would quote the entire thing but I love this.

It is adorable, fluffy, funny and just perfect.

It hit all my buttons and tugged on my H/C heart.

Perfect! <3 YOU ARE PERFECT AND THIS IS PERFECT~

GAH PUDDIN THANK YOUUUUU! YOU ARE PERFECT TOO. <333

And yusss jump on the Sammy bandwagon!! :D