Sneeze Fetish Forum

Interruptions. [Thranduil, The Hobbit.]

TheGreatCatsby

Hearing a sharp intake of breath from just behind him, Bard turns his head in the direction of the elven king, assuming he is about to interrupt the wizard. Thranduil has made it very clear that he is not convinced of what Gandalf is saying, and Bard is expecting him to interject with a sarcastic or mocking remark. He is not, however, expecting to see him with a slender hand raised half way to his face uncertainly, eyes fluttering closed. What? The elf is at this point not even pretending to pay either of them any attention, however a quick glance at Gandalf tells Bard that he has not noticed this. Thinking it rude to ignore him, Bard is about to turn his attentions back to the currently once sided conversation when he hears Thranduil take another shaky inspiration. This time he watches as the usually poised being before him wrinkles his nose, brows furrowing as he rubs at the bridge of it with his hand. Ah, so that’s what’s bothering him.

Intrigued, the man is unable to look away as Thranduil’s pale blue eyes close seemingly against his will, slender nostrils twitching as a sudden look of realisation crosses his features in the moment before he abruptly whirls aside and sneezes against his wrist. “Hh!- H’TSSSCHHx!”

Though Bard had vaguely known what was about to happen, he still is a little startled at the force behind it, despite the fact that the elf has clearly done his best to stifle the sneeze to avoid attracting attention to himself. Gandalf falls silent and glances up, saying a word in elvish to which Thranduil nods in acknowledgement. His thoughts are clearly elsewhere; however, as whatever irritant bothering his nose has not yet been expelled. Keeping his wrist pressed against his disobedient nose with an undecided expression, the elf looks almost annoyed as he is forced to sit forward with an equally powerful triplet. “Ah-TSSCH! H’TSCHH!’TSSSCH!” He barely has chance to draw breath between the expulsions, leaving him looking a little dazed when he finally raises his head with a hesitant sniff. Gandalf repeats himself. “Galu. Are you quite alright?”

Straightening, Thranduil bows his head in a nod, apologetic. “Forgive me. You were saying?”

Edited by Joal 555
as requested by poster

...I think my English is starting to fail me, lol

This is beautiful

All these Bard-observing-Thranduil-doing-something-as-normal-as-sneezing things are pure love ok

:heart:

Edited by Sitruuna

...I think my English is starting to fail me, lol

This is beautiful

All these Bard-observing-Thranduil-doing-something-as-normal-as-sneezing things are pure love ok

heart.gif

Thank you! I just posted another fic in the drabbles section. biggrinsmiley.gif I love these two.

I just..hnnnnnng. I've never really seen The Hobbit but I do have a crush on this OTP! Cute work! Your drabbles were awesome too!

lets be friends and roleplay sick elves together

Edited by SneezyHolmes

I just..hnnnnnng. I've never really seen The Hobbit but I do have a crush on this OTP! Cute work! Your drabbles were awesome too!

Thank you! Have you seen Lord Of The Rings?

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

Yes a long time ago haha but I don't remember hardly anything about it besides the plot sadly..

OhmygoshImadafriendhnnnnnnnnnnnnng

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

Yes a long time ago haha but I don't remember hardly anything about it besides the plot sadly..

You should watch the hobbit of The Lord of the rings, they're amazing. We should totally write together though. *Frieeends*

Aw, this was sweet. You managed to get the sneezing in without making the situation seem contrived/unrealistic, which can be a difficult line to tread with elves.

Gandalf falls silent and glances up, saying a word in elvish to which Thranduil nods in acknowledgement. His thoughts are clearly elsewhere; however, as whatever irritant bothering his nose has not yet been expelled. Keeping his wrist pressed against his disobedient nose with an undecided expression, the elf looks almost annoyed as he is forced to sit forward with an equally powerful triplet. “Ah-TSSCH! H’TSCHH!’TSSSCH!” He barely has chance to draw breath between the expulsions, leaving him looking a little dazed when he finally raises his head with a hesitant sniff.

This bit was particularly nice- I liked the politeness of everyone involved, and the overwhelming nature of Thranduil's sneezes. But then I'm always a fan of sneezes that leave someone "a little dazed".

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

You should watch the hobbit of The Lord of the rings, they're amazing. We should totally write together though. *Frieeends*

I've been meaning to, it looks pretty awesome! Is it good? Yes! Let's write into infinity and beyond!

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Aw, this was sweet. You managed to get the sneezing in without making the situation seem contrived/unrealistic, which can be a difficult line to tread with elves.

Gandalf falls silent and glances up, saying a word in elvish to which Thranduil nods in acknowledgement. His thoughts are clearly elsewhere; however, as whatever irritant bothering his nose has not yet been expelled. Keeping his wrist pressed against his disobedient nose with an undecided exp<b></b>ression, the elf looks almost annoyed as he is forced to sit forward with an equally powerful triplet. “Ah-TSSCH! H’TSCHH!’TSSSCH!” He barely has chance to draw breath between the expulsions, leaving him looking a little dazed when he finally raises his head with a hesitant sniff.

This bit was particularly nice- I liked the politeness of everyone involved, and the overwhelming nature of Thranduil's sneezes. But then I'm always a fan of sneezes that leave someone "a little dazed".

Thank you! Your comment made me smile, heh.

I may continue with this, though I'm unsure where I would go with the plot.

Also, sneezes leaving people dazed are my favourite o:

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

I've been meaning to, it looks pretty awesome! Is it good? Yes! Let's write into infinity and beyond!

It's the best thing ever assfghjk. I'm in love with LOTR.

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

I can't wait til your validated! Ugh I need sick elves in my life. More so a sneezy Thranduil~ *shifty eyebrows*

YesLetsDoThatHnnngh

I can't wait til your validated! Ugh I need sick elves in my life. More so a sneezy Thranduil~ *shifty eyebrows*

I can't wait either! I'll write more sneezy Thranduil tonight. :3

~Not very long, but here's another part. I'll write more when my coursework is finished.~

Bard watched as the elven king dismissed Gandalf, walking away with a gracefulness that one could only associate with elves. A brief pause, and Bard found himself following, catching up to the pale haired elf in a few quick strides. Sensitive ears picking up the sound of footprints long before Bard even reached him, Thranduil waited until he was beside him before halting, turning to face the man with an expression akin to curiosity. “…Bard.” He bowed his head a little in greeting, a polite smile on his angular features. The way he said his name made Bard shiver, and he subconsciously took a small step back. The king was intimidating at the best of times, but currently he seemed even less in the mood for conversation than he normally did.

“I only wished to ask what you thought of Gandalf’s warnings. I was speaking with your son earlier, and he seems to think that…” Trailing off, Bard raised an eyebrow at the king’s facial expression. No longer polite or even irritated, the elf had a distant look in his eyes, staring past Bard at seemingly nothing. Thinking he was uninterested in what he had to say, Bard shifted his weight nervously, watching. Perhaps he shouldn’t have mentioned Legolas…

Thranduil tilted his head back a little, looking uncertain, and looked in the direction of the sun, expression frozen. Still awaiting a response, Bard took a step forward to ask if he wanted to be left alone only to be pushed back, surprisingly gently. Thranduil kept his hand on Bard’s shoulder to stop him from trying to come closer again, and gasped before sneezing violently to one side. He squeezed Bard’s arm reflexively as he did so, almost making the man gasp. “H-CSCHH! Hh--!” Wrinkling his nose, he seemed to find relief for the time being and sniffed lightly, rubbing his nose against his wrist as it wrinkled. “Apologies. No, I do not think Gandalf is correct.” Turning back to Bard, he released his shoulder.

“Something in the air?” Bard couldn’t help but remember that that was the 4th time he had sneezed that evening, which he thought a little bizarre for an elf. “Bless you, by the way. Or.. What was that elvish word?”

A soft tinge of red was visible at the tips of Thranduil’s ears at this being acknowledged, and he narrowed his eyes a little before deciding it would do no harm to confess one small weakness. And he was, unexpectedly, taking a liking to the man before him. He had a feeling he could be trusted.

“Dust, perhaps. I do not know. Something’s toying with my nose; it’s distracting.” Only now could Bard hear the slight congestion in the elf’s soft drawl, and see the blush around his curved nostrils. “Which elvish word?” A soft, amused chuckle. “There are many.”

“Gandalf said it earlier, when you sneezed.”

“Ah. ‘Galu’. It translates to ‘blessings’ which is the appropriate response in common tongue, is it not?” Bard nodded, realising he was staring and hastily looking away.

“I was going in search of some more wine. Please, join me.” Thranduil’s slight smile made Bard’s heart flutter, and he nodded once more before following the elf, who had not waited for a response and was already retreating towards the building.

Will you write this as a pairing in the future or is it more of a friendship?

Love this, by the way!

It sounds like you're hinting that Thranduil is a photic sneezer, which so cute. Stuck sneezes are the best.stun.gif

Will you write this as a pairing in the future or is it more of a friendship?

Love this, by the way!

It sounds like you're hinting that Thranduil is a photic sneezer, which so cute. Stuck sneezes are the best.stun.gif

I like the ship, however I'm unsure if I'm brave enough to write it.

Yes, yes I was hinting at that a little. Thank you! I will post more soon, I just need to think of where I'm going with the plot.

A soft tinge of red was visible at the tips of Thranduil’s ears at this being acknowledged, and he narrowed his eyes a little before deciding it would do no harm to confess one small weakness.

Srghfdrkgdighc

Edited by Sitruuna

A soft tinge of red was visible at the tips of Thranduil’s ears at this being acknowledged, and he narrowed his eyes a little before deciding it would do no harm to confess one small weakness.

Srghfdrkgdighc

Heh. :3

Adorable! I eagerly await more.