Sneeze Fetish Forum

"He Just Knows" - PRISON BREAK (Lincoln Burrows, Michael Scofield)

beatlelover22

AN: Oh god... my very first sneezefic. upset.gif I'm very nervous actually, but I guess we all have to start somewhere. It seems like there aren't any Prison Break sickfics out there, which is disappointing to me, seeing as I love the show, so I tried my hand at writing one. I'm not a very good writer, but I tried. This one's going to be a one-shot I think, so I can sort of "test the waters" with my writing on a public site I suppose. sweatdrop.gif Also, sorry if I spell the sneezes in a strange way or something, still trying to figure that out as well. Anyway, thanks and let me know what you guys think! PS - I also love fic recs and am in desperate need of some PB ones. laugh.png

Title: "He Just Knows"

Fandom: Prison Break

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters of Prison Break.

Warning: Spoilers for season one.

Description: Fox River isn't the best place to catch a cold, that's for sure. Lincoln knows how much Michael worries over him, with the execution looming over their heads, but he doesn't Michael worrying any more than he has to.

Notes: This'll probably be a one-shot because I don't know if anyone even watches Prison Break on here, but please feel free to comment. Thanks, everyone!

Lincoln Burrows despised his sneezes.

They were just something that had always bothered him. In Lincoln's eyes, being sick in general made him look weak and sneezing was just unnecessary, especially seeing as though his sneezes were naturally loud. He didn't like calling attention to himself, so he did his best to hold them in, but it would still cause his face to flush red. In fact, some of his earliest memories had involved sneezing and the immediate feeling of embarrassment, deep in the pit of his stomach. Not much had changed, to be honest.

"Huh-KGSSHH!" The sneeze was stifled behind Lincoln's fist and he gave an involuntary shiver. Yes, he was definitely sick. And in a dark, musty prison cell, he wasn't the least bit surprised. But he couldn't let Michael find out; the kid worried too much for his age, especially with the execution looming over their heads. If Lincoln could save his younger brother from even a small amount of anxiety, he would do everything in his power.

"Hihh... hh!" His breath caught. "Huh-knnt!"

"Lincoln." The voice belonged to a correctional officer, Louis Patterson to be exact. "Linc!"

Lincoln cleared his throat before answering. "Yeah?"

"Yard time. Back away from the door."

Shit. Yard... where Michael would be on the other side of the fence, most likely anxious to speak with him. Thankfully, he voice wasn't too congested.

Lincoln inched away from the door and stood up as Louis unlocked the door. "Let's go, man."

The entire way to the courtyard, Lincoln's nose ran. He sniffed least often as he could, but it was to no avail. Finally, after a a couple sniffles in a row, Louis slowed his pace.

"Lincoln... are you feelin' okay?" Louis knew better by now, but figured he might as well ask anyway.

The inmate rubbed a finger under his nose and sniffed again. "F-fine." A slight tremor of the voice nearly gave him away. God, he had to sneeze again. Lincoln pressed his knuckles underneath his flaring nostrils as they walked. "Huhh... hh... tchxt! Ah... ixtch!"

"Bless you." the CO said, opening the door to the yard. Lincoln nodded his thanks as he stumbled out into the bright sunlight.

Coming out of his cell into the blaring sunshine was torture on his eyes. The sun was so bright, it was enough to give him a headache, one that he didn't need right now. As Lincoln neared the fence, the breeze kicked up a little and his eyes began to water. He cursed under his breath. He was not going to sneeze.

Despite his best efforts, Lincoln's breath started hitching. "Ihh... hihhhh..."

"Linc!" A whisper shocked the sneeze into submission. Lincoln turned to see his brother, Michael, on the other side of the fence.

"Hey, Michael." Lincoln answered. "Where are we in terms of..." he trailed off, hoping his brother would understand just what he was referring to.

"We're leaving tomorrow." Michael murmured, a hint of pride in his voice. "Almost everything's ready."

"Wh-what do we have left?" Again, a small shake of his voice practically gave him away. This was definitely more difficult than anticipated, Lincoln decided. Especially since Michael was so keen to detail. As if on cue, he raised a curious eyebrow, but didn't mention it.

"We have a few minor arrangements left, but it shouldn't be a big deal."

"Good. That's good because... huhh... HERESHOOO!" Lincoln sneezed violently into his hands and sniffed hard, trying to play it off casual.

"Bless you..." Michael said slowly, suspicion written all over his face. "You were saying?"

"Uh, well, you know, that's good because I really need to fine LJ."

Michael nodded knowingly. "It won't be long."

"Guh... good." Lincoln managed, discreetly rubbing his nose. "So, how're you holding up?"

The younger brother looked surprised. "Me? It looks like you I should be worried about."

Lincoln feigned innocence. "What? W-why? Hahh..." Damn this cold!

"Bless." Michael muttered, directly before his brother sneezed.

"Hatchhh! Iihhh... etxchh! Ahh.. hah..."

Michael appeared to be almost bored. "Annnnd..." he stopped, waiting.

"Hahkgshh!"

"Bles--"

"Yeah, I know, I know." Lincoln waved his hand dismissively, obviously not wanting to talk of it any further.

"Linc, I can tell you're sick."

The older man scoffed. "I am not."

Michael chuckled in disbelief. "You are so unbelievably stubborn."

"Scofield!" a patrol guard stared daggers at him. "Move it!"

Lincoln dug the tip of his shoe into the soft earth, attempting to look distracted as his brother tapped a stick along the chain fence.

"Hehh... ehh! Ehhtchh!" It had only been half a day, yet Michael had already found him out and Lincoln was already tired of sneezing.

This is fantastic! It's really good for a first timer and I adore the spelling of the sneezes. A big warm welcome from me! I hope you enjoy this website as much as I do.

I have never heard of a show called Prison Break, but I will check it out.

This is fantastic! It's really good for a first timer and I adore the spelling of the sneezes. A big warm welcome from me! I hope you enjoy this website as much as I do.

I have never heard of a show called Prison Break, but I will check it out.

Thank you for the welcome and the compliments! :D It's a great show haha!

Oh man, it has been years since I watched Prison Break but I was utterly obsessed with the first season and whether or not Michael's plan to break them out would succeed.

I really enjoyed this fic and love the way you showed the relationship between Lincoln and Michael.

"Guh... good." Lincoln managed, discreetly rubbing his nose. "So, how're you holding up?"

The younger brother looked surprised. "Me? It looks like you I should be worried about."

"Hahkgshh!"

I loved Michael anticipating the sneeze and blessing Lincoln and also worrying about Lincoln. Also, I really liked those sneezes. Lincoln would defintely have a powerful sneeze, especially when he's sick.

I've heard of but never watched Prison Break tho now I'm seriously intrigued to do so! I sure hope you continue, this was awesome! Pretending not to be sick and failing miserably is one of my favorite scenarios!

Oh man, it has been years since I watched Prison Break but I was utterly obsessed with the first season and whether or not Michael's plan to break them out would succeed.

I really enjoyed this fic and love the way you showed the relationship between Lincoln and Michael.

"Hahkgshh!"

I loved Michael anticipating the sneeze and blessing Lincoln and also worrying about Lincoln. Also, I really liked those sneezes. Lincoln would defintely have a powerful sneeze, especially when he's sick.

I'm not going to lie, I totally squealed when I read these comments! I'm so glad you liked it! I honestly didn't think anyone was going to read this fic blushsmiley.gif

I've heard of but never watched Prison Break tho now I'm seriously intrigued to do so! I sure hope you continue, this was awesome! Pretending not to be sick and failing miserably is one of my favorite scenarios!

Thanks! :D That's so kind of you to say!

Congrats on the first story. I loved the early seasons of Prison Break, so am super excited you're writing this w00t.gif

Thanks so much! I was actually think of writing one with Alex Mahone because he is literally my favourite! :)

• 4 months later...

Oh gosh, this was wonderful!! <3 Aww.. I'm so happy I found this! I started binge-watching Prison Break yesterday, almost done with Season 1 after two days! :laugh2: So I decided it was time to look for a PB sneeze fic, and I didn't even really think I'd find one, but then... this! And it was your first one on here, too! So good, especially for a first try!

The sneeze spellings were great and I loved those details about the characters, like Michael's perceptiveness, and the dialogue!

Beatlelover, thank you for this and if you ever write another PB sick fic, please let me know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh, this was wonderful!! <3 Aww.. I'm so happy I found this! I started binge-watching Prison Break yesterday, almost done with Season 1 after two days! laugh.gif So I decided it was time to look for a PB sneeze fic, and I didn't even really think I'd find one, but then... this! And it was your first one on here, too! So good, especially for a first try!

The sneeze spellings were great and I loved those details about the characters, like Michael's perceptiveness, and the dialogue!

Beatlelover, thank you for this and if you ever write another PB sick fic, please let me know! smile.png

Oh my gosh! I wasn't following this story so I never even knew you commented! :laugh: Thanks so much!! I'm glad you like the show, it's addicting!! :P I totally will, thanks <3

This is great!!! Pls do write more. You're a great writer.

Michael is my favourite.

Thanks so much!! He's my favourite too actually! :D I also love Alex ;)

I also liked how well you captured the characters, Michael catching on quickly and his commentary!

Thank you!! :D Means a lot for you to comment!