Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cold roses - Dr who fanfic

Lime

I need to write something right now that is not my thesis - so here goes.

It takes place somewhere in season 2, with david tennant as the doctor and rose as the companion.

"When you said the planet was covered in flowers, I assumed it was going to be warm. " Rose shivered as she reentered the tardis.

"Sorry, my bad." the doctor when up to the control panel and started confirming data. "I guess 5000 years have caused a slight difference in the climate."But hey, ice flowers are flowers too. beautiful, aren't they?" He continued enthusiastically. "Allright, so where do you wanna go next?"

Rose woke up a few hours later as the Tardis landed in 1890's london. The chill she had felt as she fell asleep had not gone away and she could feel it tingling through her spine, up to her nose. "He-tchew!" Her sneeze was soft and feminine. She sniffled once and pulled herself out of bed. The effort made her nose protest and the second sneeze had her bent over almost double. "He-tchew!"

As she entered the control-room she saw a frown form on the doctors face. "What happened to you?"

"What?"

"Your nose is all red. Did you walk in to something?"

Rose rolled her eyes. For a genius the doctor could sometimes be really stupid. "No, I'm fine. I just think I might be coming down with a cold."

His eyes grew bigger as though it had just occured to him such a thing existed. "Oh, of course. Right." He seamed to be scrambling to remember what to do. "Do you want some hot tea?"

"I'm good." She started to walk towards him but stopped midways. She breathed in heavily and put a finger to her nose before letting out two soft "He-tchew!" She sniffled deeply. "Do you have any tissues in the tardis?" she asked, slightly embarrassed.

"Umm" His eyes seemed to be searching across the room. "Sorry, no. I just have this." He threw her an old table-cloth.

She took it and blew her nose softly but wetly, sniffled once, and wiped her nose to make sure it was dry.

"Do you want to maybe stay in the tardis today? Rest up?"

Rose shook her head. "No way. I haven't been to London in weeks." I wa... she gave another sneeze, into cupped hands this time. "He-tchew!"

The doctor frowned again. "Are you sure you're all right?"

She winked. "I'm with a doctor, aren't I?"

And even nicer to see sneezy Rose [such a rare sighting.]. Can't wait to see her sneezing all over Victorian London, those lovely nostrils flaring with inevitability as she runs away. And I expect she will describe every detail of the tickle in her nose . Just a fortnight till the 50th anniversary.... [Oh, sorry , I mean...er.. 14 days, is that right?]

This is "fantastic"! I love the idea of the doctor scrambling around, not knowing what to do for Rose. Thank you so much!! I wondered when another 10th doctor fic would come along and here it is!! Everything is so in character and simply adorable!! :D please do continue!!

Ha yes, I can certainly imagine the Doctor not having tissues in the TARDIS and being particularly mystified as to why he should. I can only imagine that a dusty old tablecloth only made it worse... :D

Thanks for all the nice comments :D This was only meant to be a one-shot though :/ I don't really know enough about 19th century london to write about it.

• 2 weeks later...