Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sick and Broken (Criminal Minds, Reid)

ID2006

I've been in desperate need of more Reid fluff, so I wrote some myself. This is another one of those fics that hopefully I will continue and finish, but you never know.

Background, this is set around 2009 (whatever season that was) and a couple episodes after Haley and Jack were placed in protective custody. During that episode Reid got shot in the leg and obviously I couldn't help myself. Also, for now this is just friendship caretaking fluff with Morgan, but if you know my stuff you know it usually turns into slash between the two. I'll try and warn you before it turns into more, if it does. I think that covers everything.... on with the show...

"Morgan?" Reid scrubbed at his eyes while balancing carefully on his crutches, "What are you doing here?"

Ignoring the question, Derek let himself in.

"I sent you a text, what, did you just get out of the shower kid?" As if it wasn't obvious. Hair wet and towel tied firmly around his hips, Reid closed the door and turned just in time to face a now very aggravated agent Morgan.

"What the hell Spence, your leg is hurting you so badly you're sleeping on the couch? You should have told Hotch, or me," thinking back, albeit briefly, to why he came here in the first place. "Dude, we would have taken you to the doctor, or something. Jesus kid..."

The rant was completely lost on Reid though, as he scrubbed vigorously at his nose.

"Kid, are you even listening to me!"

Spencer looked up, "Yeah, sorry."

"What is wrong with you?!" For the first time since arriving, Morgan really looked at his younger teammate, and immediately regretted his previous actions.

The thin man's face had almost a gray sheen to it, with the exception of a red tinge high on his cheek bones and surrounding his sunken eyes and runny nostrils. After further surveillance of the scene, Derek could see a tissue box and trash can tucked behind the coffee table, hidden slightly behind the quilt that was laying haphazardly on the couch.

"Shit! I'm so sorry dude."

"It's fine Morgan, really," Reid sniffled from behind a wrist, trying in vain to block his leaking nose.

Morgan swiftly moved and plucked a few tissues out of the box.

"Thanks." Now it was embarrassment that clouded the boy's features, as he fumbled with the kleenex, trying to maintain his balance on the crutches, single leg ready to give out.

"Whoa, damn, I shouldn't have kept you up this long." Morgan couldn't help but to take the tissues back and wipe his friend's nose before providing support back to the couch; even if the interaction made Reid want to sink into the floor and disappear.

Spencer just kept his head down and shivered weakly as a drop of water slid down his back.

Yeah, cause Morgan didn't feel like a complete jerk now.

"I'm so sorry Spence."

Before Reid even had a chance to reply, Morgan had disappeared into the hall. Leaning exhaustedly back into the couch, Spencer secretly hoped this was all just a really bad dream.

"Hey, Spence." The whisper summoned him back from the foggyness that was his brain.

"Hey, can you open your eyes for me?"

Reid obeyed.

"Kid, why didn't you call and tell me you were sick."

"I'b fide."

Morgan chuckled, "Clearly."

This time, when he felt a tissue being dragged against his nose he was able to snatch it away.

"M'nod a kid." His face would scream anger if he hadn't been looking so poorly.

"Spencer... I know. I... just... it's okay to need help."

"Dod't deed helb." Finally calling upon some bit of strength, Reid sat up and grabbed some tissues. After what felt like an eternity of clearing his stuffed sinuses, he attempted speech again.

"I'll be fine, you don't need to be here."

"I want to, besides who else can I rant to about Hotch."

"Whad's heh... excuse be... h'ktshh tshh hu'TSHHH... snfff, wrong with Hotch?"

"Bless you kid. Why don't we get you settled first?"

Spencer looked down and realized he was still in just a towel. Really, could this get any worse. Wait, yes, yes it could. And he had a sneaky suspicion it would, considering Morgans' hands held a pair of boxers, as well as sweats and a shirt.

"Oh come on, don't give me that look. It's not like I haven't seen your junk before."

Reid's face became even more red, but it was either this or spending hours trying to maneuver the clothes over his leg brace himself.

"There, now that wasn't so bad was it?" No answer was needed, as Reid gave a glare that clearly meant, 'Yes, yes it was'; which Morgan ignored as he used the abandoned towel to

dry of Spencer's soaked curly locks.

After returning the towel to its home, Morgan came back to find Reid's face buried into a handful of tissues.

"hu'RSHHH, hek'TSHHH, 'TSHHH, h'MPFSHH!"

"Jesus, bless you."

"Excuse be," Spencer snuffled thickly before discarding the used tissues into the now full wastebasket.

As Morgan reached out to take it, Reid rested a hand on his friend's arm, allowing their eyes to lock.

"You really don't have to do this. I'll be fine."

"I know, but I'm staying, so enjoy the attention and smothering because it's not like I'm going to let you kick me out anyways." As he ran off with the trash Morgan called out, " Now, should I be calling someone to bring supplies by or do you have stuff?"

Despite the protests that he had everything he needed, after a quick look through the fridge and medicine cabinet, Morgan concluded a drop off was definitely a necessity. Let's see, who would be up for the job.

"Hey my sweet chunk of chocolate lovins."

"Hey, baby girl." Morgan poked his head out of the doorway to examine Reid smothering a string of coughs into a blanket.

"Who's that?" Garcia's interest immediately peaked.

"It's Reid, can you do us a favor?"

"For my muscle man and boy genius, anything."

"Spence is sick, I was hoping you could pick up some stuff for us."

"Of course, is he going to be okay?" Fear tinged her voice and Derek was able to quickly reassure her that it was just a cold, maybe the flu at worst, nothing serious.

After a lengthy list, Morgan returned to find Reid huddled on the couch bracing his leg.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Morgan kneeled down to assess the damage.

"Just...cramp..." Spencer tried to bite back a moan, but it just turned into a cough that progressed quickly into dry heaves.

Morgan felt completely helpless. Should he call Hotch... an ambulance, just when he was about to pick up his phone, Spencer grabbed his shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze.

"S'okay... kfff kfff..."

"Like hell it is."

A tear slipped down the younger man's cheek, and guilt seared at Morgan's conscience as he wondered if it caused by his words, the pain, or just from being sick.

Reid's eyes closed momentarily as he felt a firm hand rub circles on his back.

"It's okay... just... you're scaring me kid."

The sincerity of the statement brought another tear to his eye as he started to uncurl from where the pain had been shooting through his leg.

As Reid started to relax, Morgan took the time to regain his composure. If this job wasn't the death of him, he thought for sure this kid would be.

"Okay, let's start off with the last time you ate something. I'm assuming since nothing came out earlier it has been a while."

Reid nodded guiltily, "A day or two maybe."

"Shit," he tried not to look irritated, "so you are probably dehydrated."

Another nod.

"When's the last time you took some pain meds for your leg."

"Probably, same time."

"Arn't you supposed to take those every six hours as needed?"

"They make me fuzzy."

"Spence, we arn't even at work."

"I know, but I can handle it."

"That doesn't mean you should. You were shot. It's going to take time."

Reid turned away and mumbled something about being weak.

"You are not weak Spencer. You are brave and strong. You jumped in front of a bullet for someone. You asked him to save another man while you could have easily been bleeding out. You have survived and thrived though a life few could imagine. You are a hero, so let someone take care of you for once. Let ME take care of you."

A small nod indicated that though Reid would likely not gracefully accept help, he would allow it.

N'awwww this is so sweet! :) I'm so glad you decided to do a Reid fic, he's so brilliant in every way and the way you wrote him and Morgan was just perfect! Please do continue!

• 4 months later...

More.... please? This is perfect! I love CM (obssessed) ot isn't healthy in the least but I can't help it. Reid is my favorite so this fic... just yay...

You should search some of my stuff on here. I'm pretty sure I have a ginormous long secret santa one I wrote (and one I received) on here. I had completely forgotten about this one.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god. So I have this weakness for Reid. Because he is my sickly, sad-eyed puppy and I love him. And you are just...hitting all the buttons and being wonderful. Thank you.