Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe oneshot (F)

Bluebird

This felt too long to put in my drabble thread, so I figured I should turn this into a oneshot/short story.

Anyway...this was something I wrote back in October (and forgot that I finished it, actually! heh.gif). We were doing Narnia as my school's drama and I remember the days I did tech for it, I was hit by a sudden burst of inspiration and needed to do this.

There's actually more that I wanted to write for this (Edmund and maybe Peter/Susan were going to fall ill as well), but I was able to edit it some and turn it into a one-shot with just Lucy. It's a little shorter than I thought it'd be, but I'm satisfied all the same.

Enjoy! smile.png

To the outside world, it appeared to be nighttime. It was dark outside of Professor Kirk’s large mansion, and to the knowledge of the professor as well as his housekeeper, the four Pevensie children- Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy- were all asleep in the humid evening. However, that was quite the opposite of what was happening. For Lucy, the youngest, had snuck out of bed to go back to Narnia, and her defiant older brother Edmund had tagged along with her.

It was a chilly winter’s day in Narnia, the kind that seemed to blend with every other cold and snowy day that passed. Upon re-entering, it took a moment for the young girl to figure out exactly where she was going if she wanted to re-visit her friend Tumnus, the Faun. She clung to the ebony lamp-post, looking around the snowy wonderland. The entire scenery, from the pine trees in front of the wardrobe all the way to castle Cair Paravel was blanketed in white, sparkling snow.

After looking the path over once more, she smiled as she let go of the icy lamp-post and started to walk, seeing the Faun’s cave in the distance. But long travel in thin bedclothes doesn’t always make for the best defense against snow; especially the snow of the White Witch.

“Mister Tumnus!” Lucy cried, opening the door to his cave. “Oh Mister Tumnus, it’s me, Lucy Pevensie! I’ve returned!” She hesitated a moment, now shivering as a chilly breeze wove through the air, but smiled wide when her friend approached her.

“Hello, Daughter of Eve,” Tumnus greeted her, bowing slightly and a smile on his face. He took a quick look at her, clad in her bedclothes and shivering. “Oh, do come in!” he exclaimed, beckoning for her to enter. “You must be freezing out there! Well, no matter. Some tea will warm you right up!” Lucy nodded a little as she entered Tumnus’s cave, her movements a bit stiff. Soon, though, she was seated in a plush chair, a silver teacup in her hands and a small plate of food on a silver saucer in her lap.

“What’s been happening since I’ve gone?” Lucy asked, looking out the windows. “It seems to be colder out there than the last time I was here!” She shivered once more, feeling her nose start to run a little bit. She wiped it with the sleeve of her bedclothes and continued to drink her tea.

Tumnus sighed. “I’m afraid you’re right, my dear. All the work of the White Witch, you know. Every day it gets colder! Oh how I long for Christmas.” he mused, pouring another cup of tea. Lucy nodded and took another sip of tea and a nibble of toast, the crisp bread hurting her throat a little when she swallowed. As she ate and drank, Tumnus lost himself in thought, spinning tales of the White Witch and all the creatures who were fighting against her. Lucy sat and listened with intense delight.

She stopped suddenly, however, putting her teacup down on the saucer. The runny nose she had been having had now turned into a small tickle in her nose. Her eyes fluttered for a moment, and suddenly, she sneezed.

Hh’khtchew!

She cupped her hand to her mouth, the force of the sneeze slightly pushing her forward, her elbow knocking against the teacup in the process. Several tepid drops of tea splashed out, most of which landing on the saucer, a few splattering on her bedclothes. Lucy’s dark eyes fluttered a bit before re-opening. Tumnus was so surprised he almost leaped out of his chair.

“Oh! M-Miss Lucy! Are you alright?” he asked, now looking concerned as he sat down once more and put his teacup down. “You haven’t caught cold, have you?”

Lucy snuffled, once again rubbing her slightly red nose on her sleeve. “I dod’t dow,” she replied, a bit stuffily. “I bay have…” She sniffled again, another sneeze beginning to build up.

“Hh…hh’nkhchoo!

She snapped forward once more, her hand cupped to her mouth. Once again, her elbow hit the teacup, and it tumbled to the ground with the saucer. A loud clatter emitted from the silver clashing, and tea spilled over Tumnus’s rug. Luckily, the saucer was cleared. Lucy gasped and immediately rose to her feet.

“Oh Bister Tubnus! I-I’b so sorry!” She grabbed the cloth he had given her and frantically tried to clean the spill with it, while Tumnus hurried over with a towel.

“Quite alright, quite alright,” he muttered, soaking up the tea with the towel. As soon as he was finished, however, he got up and observed her quickly, worry flickering in his eyes.

“Oh dear, you have caught cold, haven’t you! And to think--“ He looked out his window to the snowy landscape, and then back at Lucy, who was now snuffling miserably.

“I’b sorry,” she said again, her nose running once more and another tickle starting to form. “Hh’tchoo!” Once more she snapped forward, her wrist covering her mouth this time. Tumnus was overwhelmed with concern.

“It’s quite alright,” he said, putting a hand on her now trembling shoulder. But I do believe we should get you back home so you can get warm.” He gently guided the frail girl towards the door, worried thoughts running through his head. The small girl looked up at him, face notably flushed now and smiled slightly, an expression of thanks apparent in her eyes.

“I shall miss you, Mr. Tubnus” Lucy told him, her voice still a bit thick. She gave a sniffle. “I mean, Tumnus.”

“I shall miss you as well, Miss Lucy,” Tumnus said. “Hopefully we shall be able to reunite once more sometime soon. For now, you should get well.” The Faun smiled, gesturing her towards the lamp-post and out of the cold forest.

Thank you very much! Hopefully one day I'll write up a full thing, since I have the outlines for an Edmund part that I never typed. ^_^