• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• purpleninja

• queenie

• Pearlised

• cupkake

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2015 at 10:20 AM, Koda said:

Stumbled across this again, and quite frankly some of these prompts are too good to waste (@queenie and others). Would anyone be interested in a revival?

OK I just saw this comment and if you're still hanging about and still considering a revival, yes. Put me down for a yes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just gonna put this here...

Drabble 6: “Stressed Out”

“Hey!” Sam grinned in spite of everything when Evan walked through the door, looking overwhelmed and stressed and flushed like he’d been rushing around, which he had. Evan felt himself relax slightly, giving Sam a tired smile.

“Hey, babe, sorry I’m late again,” he apologized, giving Sam a quick hug and a peck on the lips.

“It’s no problem,” Sam lied.

“How was work?”

“God, babe, it’s been hell. We’re so swamped,” Evan complained, the lines in his forehead tightening.

“Well, I made dinner. Maybe you could take a hot shower and we can chill tonight? Go to bed early?” Sam bit back a cough, hiding a cringe as he swallowed, his throat completely raw. Sam had felt the cold coming on for days, but hadn’t had the heart to tell Evan with how busy he was; this was the last thing he needed to worry about.

“That sounds amazing, but I can’t. Still have work to do.”

“Bless you.”

“h’kissh!! Psshh!! PPZSH’iuh!!!”  Sam curled tighter into himself, aiming another round of congested sneezes into the back of his wrist.

“Bless you! Y’alright?” Sam nodded, snuffling softly against the cuff of his shirt.

“Yeah, m’fine,” he murmured. Evan cocked his head to one side, giving his boyfriend a concerned once-over before he got up, heading to a closet and getting a thick blanket, gathering his work and bringing it over to the couch, where he plopped next to Sam and covered them both with the heavy comforter. Sam smiled shyly, inching closer to Evan and resting his head on his shoulder, making Evan smile until he felt the head through his shirt from Sam’s flushed face.

“You holding up?” Evan asked softly, longing to be able to tuck his sick boy into bed and snuggle him all night and all day tomorrow.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Evan wasn’t too inclined to believe that, and even less so when Sam fell fast asleep on his shoulder not five minutes later, wheezing softly in Evan’s ear.

When Sam awoke the next morning, shivering and feverish and miserable, his cold having kicked in full force overnight, he was tempted to cry when he was met with darkness and an empty bed. He knew he shouldn’t be upset, as Evan really couldn’t take a day off and the poor guy was so swamped with work he could barely see straight, but the absence of his boyfriend stung nonetheless. Well, it stung until he forced himself to sit and turned on the lamp, a weak but genuine smile gracing his chapped lips when he found the nightstand littered with carefully placed medicine, water, tissues, his inhaler, heating instructions for the soup in the fridge, VapoRub, and best of all, a note promising a very thorough get-well cuddle session upon Evan’s return.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I stumbled over this today and I hope ot's not been too long to pop it up. I freaking love these boys. Absolutely adorable! @purpleninja please feel free to write a million more cause I want them!