Sneeze Fetish Forum

Feedback.

March Hare

Feedback on the Forum  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If you post fiction or art, do you specifically ask for feedback?

• Yes, using that exact word.
    • Yes, but I don't always use the same words.
    • No, I don't specifically ask for feedback, but I do want it.
    • No, I don't really care what others think of my work. I just want to put it out there.
  2. 2. What does the word 'feedback' mean to you, when you ASK for it?

• Praise. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! I don't want criticism.
    • Mostly praise, but I don't mind bits of advice for improving my drawing or writing, as long as they're kindly worded.
    • Criticism. I'm always looking to improve my skills and I want people to be brutally honest about my work.
  3. 3. What does the word 'feedback' mean to you, when you GIVE it?

• Praise. If I can't say anything nice, I don't say anything at all. I'm not looking to improve other people's skills.
    • Mostly praise, but I also think 'feedback' means 'suggestions to improve and enrich'.
    • Criticism. I think that people shouldn't ask for feedback if they don't want people's honest opinion.
    • It wholly depends on the person whose work I'm looking at.

"The ghost of proper English structure is now revolving in its grave" vs. "I think people might engage better with your writing if your sentence construction and paragaph breaks were more consistent, for example...."

:lol: I LOVE that. (By the way, proper English structure is NOT in the grave. It may display zombie-esque traits here and there, but I think it is still very much alive!)

So no barbed snark allowed in criticism in any case, if I understand correctly. Well, I suppose that's fair.