Sneeze Fetish Forum

Clockwork Angel fic

SneezeyLove

Well, I've had this idea in my head for a while now, and I finally got around to writing it down. It's kind of long (sorry!) but I wanted to focus on Will's protectiveness of Jem in addition to Jem's sneezing. So... here it is. I hope you like it!

An Unfortunate Discovery

Jem had been looking for Will for what seemed like hours. No one in the house seemed to know where he was, and so Jem was rather surprised when his last-ditch effort of checking one of the many alcoves that was more or less an attic actually paid off.

More surprising than finding Will was finding Will seated on the floor of said attic in front of what could only be called a caldron, surrounded by a ridiculous amount of pink, exotic-looking flowers.

“Oh, hello Jem,” Will said, sounding relieved. “For a moment there I thought you might be Charlotte.”

“I take it that means you’re up to no good, as usual.”

“What on earth would lead you to believe otherwise?” Will asked, shooting his friend a wry grin. “Don’t just stand there gawking, come here and help me.”

“Help you what, exactly? Dare I ask?”

As Jem moved to join him on the floor, Will leaned forward, despite the fact that there was no one else in the room, and whispered conspiratorially, “I’m making a potion.”

“A potion?”

“Yes.” Will nodded, looking proud.

“What kind of potion?”

“Ah. Well, right now, it’s just a simple sleeping draft. But once I’ve tested it and I’m sure it works, I will be adding other, more... nefarious ingredients.”

Jem sighed. “Why do you need my help?”

“You see all these Valerians?”

“They’re rather hard to miss.”

“I need them finely chopped so I can add them to the potion.”

“So many?” Jem asked, frowning.

“Unfortunately.”

Jem shrugged and took a knife from Will, who had conveniently stolen two from the kitchen, and began chopping one of the blossoms that was nearest him on the floor. The two sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes, the only sound in the room being made by the rhythmic motion of their knives and the occasional scraping as they gathered up the shavings and put them in the caldron.

Finally, Jem spoke. “You said you were going to test this, correct?”

“Yes,” Will said, speaking carefully.

“Exactly who are you planning on using as a test subject?”

“Why, Jessamine, naturally. I’m going to slip some into her tea at dinner.”

“And you’re sure the recipe called for this many?”

“Of course I’m sure!”

Jem raised his hands in submission. “Alright, alright, as long as you’re sure. It would be a shame to get the dosage wrong and accidentally k... kih... kshuu! Kill her. The consequences would be rather unfortunate.”

Will blinked. The sneeze had been so quiet, so polite, that he had barely noticed it, making him miss the appropriate moment for a blessing. The way Jem had simply carried on as if nothing happened made him wonder if Jem had indeed sneezed at all. It shouldn’t have been odd, but at that moment it occurred to Will that he had never actually heard Jem sneeze before. The boy had no apparent allergies, and while he was often ill, it was not a simple cold that plagued him.

“...would be quite angry with you as well. Will? Whatever is the matter? Are you even listening to me?”

“You sneezed,” Will said stupidly.

“What?” Jem’s hands stopped moving as he frowned in confusion.

“I mean, God bless you,” Will amended quickly.

“Oh,” Jem said, as if he also had just realized that he had sneezed a moment ago. “Thank you.”

“I’m sorry, please continue.”

Jem looked blank.

“My consequences?” Will prompted.

This time Jem held up a single finger, signaling Will to wait a moment. Jem’s eyes closed as he slowly raised his hand toward his nose. “Hhh...hih...hiiihhhh...hh’kshuu!

It was the same quiet sneeze as before, though slightly drawn out. For a moment, Will could only stare in surprise. Never in six years, and now twice in one sitting? “God bless you,” Will repeated.

“Thank you. I’m sorry about that.”

Jem’s tone was nonchalant, but Will’s face was serious. “Jem, are you feeling alright?”

“Of course.” Seeing that Will would not be so easily convinced, Jem tried again. “Will, I promise you, I feel f-fi-fiiihh... ihh... hi’ihh... hi’kshuu! KSHuu!” Jem sniffed and rubbed a finger under his nose, frowning slightly. His eyes began to close even as he moved his hand away from his face to search his pockets for a handkerchief. Finding none, Jem somehow managed to look dismayed and sneezy at the same time. “Iihh... hihh... hi’kshuu! Hiihh... hi’iihh... hi’KSHuu! KSHuu! KSSHH!” Jem sniffed wetly, hiding his nose and mouth and obviously messy sneezes from view with his hand. He blushed, the color stark against his pale skin and silver hair.

Will, still looking worried, reached into his breast pocket and retrieved a handkerchief, which he handed to Jem, saying, “Don’t worry, it’s clean, I promise.”

Jem took it gratefully, his eyes smiling his thanks as he hid behind it, cleaning himself up and blowing his nose thickly.

All the while, Will frowned at him. Eventually, he spoke. “Jem... you’re not... allergic to Valerians, are you?”

Jem looked up from the handkerchief he was attempting to fold, looking surprised. “I don’t know,” he said, glancing slowly from Will’s face to the large pile of flowers and back. “I suppose it’s a possibility. I def... def...hih... ihh... hi’ihh... hih! Hi’kshuu! Hi’kshuu! KSHuu! KSHuu! KSHuu! Hih.. ihh.. hii’ihh... hiihhh.. hiiihhh... ...kshOOO!” Jem’s voice rose slightly as his body pitched forward with the force of the sneeze, both hands clamping the handkerchief tightly over his mouth and nose. He sniffed weakly and drew a stuttering breath when the fit finally ended.

Will took in Jem’s breathless expression, his severely reddened nose, his watery eyes that were also quickly turning red, and cursed. He jumped up and took Jem by the arm, guiding him to his feet and out of the pollen filled room.

As they hurried down the hall, Jem glanced sideways at him. “I’m sorry. I honestly didn’t know.”

Will laughed once, dry and humorless. “I asked you to help me with the bloody flowers. It’s my fault you’re like this and you’re apologizing to me?”

Jem shrugged and sniffled into the handkerchief.

Will bit his lip, realizing his tone had been harsh. “I’m just worried about you.”

“I’ll be fine. It’s just a little sneezing.”

“Still, I want to get you cleaned up as quickly as possible.”

Will led Jem to his room and instructed him to sit on his bed and wait. Jem obeyed, and Will returned in due time carrying a warm, wet cloth.

“Here, try to clean your face and hands with this,” he said, handing it to Jem.

Jem did so, still sniffling wetly, his breath hitching occasionally.

Will glanced at Jem’s clothes and cursed again, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

“Whad? Will, whad’s wrogg?” Jem asked, his voice thick with congestion.

“There’s pollen all over your clothes. You’re going to need to change them and bathe or you’ll never stop sneezing. I’ll find Sophie and tell her to draw you a bath. I should probably change out of my clothes too, just to be safe.”

“Will waid!”

Will stopped with his hand on the doorknob and turned around expectantly, but Jem’s breath was hitching again. His eyes fluttered closed and he slowly raised the handkerchief to his face to catch yet another fit of sneezes.

Kshuu! Hi’kshuu! Hi’KSHuu! Ihh’ksh! Ihh’KSHH! KSSHH! Hi’KSHUU! KSHUU! KSHUU! KSHUU! Iihh... hihh.. ihhh... Hiih! HI’KSHUU!

Will hurried to Jem’s side and steadied him, one hand at his elbow and one arm around his shoulders, until the fit subsided.

“What was it you wanted to ask me?” Will said once Jem had had enough time to recover.

“Whad are you goigg to say we were doigg? How are you goigg to explaid this withoud telligg Sophie aboud your potiod?”

“You and I were relaxing in the garden, of course.”

“Of course.”

“Don’t you worry. Just sit here and wait, and I’ll be back before you know it.”

Will gave Jem a reassuring smile and quickly slipped out of the room to search for Sophie. He was worried, but fairly certain that Jem would be alright. It was just an allergy after all. Still, one thing was certain: Will wasn’t going to be concocting a sleeping draft any time soon.

The End

This is really good! I love it! thanks so much for writing it. :blushing:

Man, this really makes me want the next book to come out, like, NOW. Anyway, love how you kept them so in character, despite the fact that Jem now hates Will. I sure hope that nonsense doesn't last. Also, you're writing is beautific.

Thank you! And this is kinda supposed to be set before Clockwork Angel. I guess I should've mentioned that. :blushing:

SO MUCH LOVE! Though I really like the tMI series, I much much much prefer ID. Thank you so much for writing this.

I loved this so much, you don't even know. I think you should write another one. Immediately :blushing: Jen as so perfect, and he's def my favorite character in that series.

Thank you! And this is kinda supposed to be set before Clockwork Angel. I guess I should've mentioned that. :laugh:

Nah, that's okay! That was just me complaining about how mean Cassie Clare is to us! Your writing is perfect. :wub:

Edited by Scion

Ohhhh Jem! I love tha' li'l guy! I just got back from "vacation" (Stupid slimeball asset manager...grrrr) and this was exactly what I needed. Jem is definatly my favorite from TID, even though my friend prefers Will. Maybe there will be more Jem fics in the future?

One can only hope! :shy:

Rowan

• 2 years later...

I uhm just started reading "Clockwork Angel" and uhm yeh .. Let me just. Gah gah so perfect <3 can u not?. Wowie . This is amazing!!!!. Yeh I read all 5 "The Mortal Instruments Books" and am devastated that I have to wait til May for the next one D: I curled up into a ball and cried for like an hour okay. Not kidding. Books. Perfection. And like Clockwork Angel I gasped at "William Herondale" the first lines are the best. Wow wow. Great fic great fic. I'm done rambling on..

• 1 year later...

HOW DID I JUST SEE THIS!! I adore the Infernal Devices books espc Jem <3

Will took in Jem’s breathless expression, his severely reddened nose, his watery eyes that were also quickly turning red, and cursed. He jumped up and took Jem by the arm, guiding him to his feet and out of the pollen filled room.

HHHHHNGGGGGGG :wubsmiley: Dying IM DyiNG!!!

Edited by kaze wo hiku

JEM IS LITERALLY MY LIFE OH MY GOD, HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS, I'M ACTUALLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! Ok this forum needs so much more of Infernal Devices fics, especially the adorable James Carstairs :wubsmiley: And the way Will protects Jem, it's just so in character!! Anyone recgonize where my sig is from? :lol:

Edited by Melody

Aww, thanks Melody! :blushsmiley: And OMG YES I recognize your sig! That and your lovely comments just made me very happy inside. :)

Oh my gosh! I have SO MUCH love for Jem and Will and to read a Jem sneezefic is SUCH an unexpected delight! I love Will's fascination with his parabatai's sneezes (just when he thinks he knows Jem so well, here's something new he hasn't seen before). And the way he abandons his plans instantly to make sure Jem is all right and away from whatever might be making his nose tickle is so sweet. I love Jem's sneezes, soft-sounding but wet just the same. And the way Will hands him a handkerchief and promises that it's clean is just SO him! I LOVE THIS!