Sneeze Fetish Forum

Moonlight

Scion

Sooooooo, ApplePieLife made me practically NEED to write this, because, well...she posted a Mortal Instruments story about Alec and Magnus and, since Jace is my man and my favorite literary character of all time....this needed to happen. Also, I made Clary a bit...more affectionate than she really is, because, frankly, it wouldn't work any other way. Yup.

Anyway, I'm not good at write fanfic, so I don't know if this will be even remotely good/accurate, but it was fun to write, anyway. Jace. *sighs dreamily*

SO, I guess I'll do what ApplePieLife did and...give some background.

Jace and Clary are both Shadowhunters, which basically means they have angel blood in them and go around killing demons and stuff. Um. Yeah. They're currently a couple, which better not change or I will cry...for a very long time. Possibly years. Anyhow, it's an awesome series, and you should read it. Just saying. It's going to made into a movie (movies?) as well. Which makes me nervous...since no one could possibly be hot enough to play Jace.

------

Title: Moonlight

Author: Me.

Fandom: The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

Disclaimer: These characters are unfortunately not mine, but Ms. Clare's. Too bad.

------

“Where are you taking me?” Clary asked for the third time in the past ten seconds.

“I told you,” Jace said, leading her by the elbow. “It’s a surprise.” He leaned in close to her and whispered into her ear, “Don’t you like surprises?”

Clary shivered, feeling his breath feather over her sensitive skin. “Sometimes,” she said. “But…my mom won’t like it.”

“And you always do what your mommy wants you to?” he teased.

“No.” She squared her shoulders. “But, she already doesn’t like you. If she finds out about this she’ll probably--”

“Want to kill me?”

“I was going to say, ‘she’ll probably like you even less.’”

“Her loss,” Jace replied, though Clary thought she detected a note of sorrow in his tone.

“Yeah,” she said, stopping. Since she was blindfolded, she had to feel her way up his chest until she could finally cup his cheek. “It is, Jace. She’ll see that eventually. It may take some time, but…I love you. That’s all that matters.”

His slender hand closed over hers. “I don’t--I don’t know…” He paused, took a shaky breath. “I don’t know how you can love me, but--”

“Shut up,” she blurted, and rose on her tiptoes, sliding her lips up his chin until they made contact with his soft lips.

The kiss lasted only a moment; it was Jace who broke it, pulling away from her abruptly. Shocked, she stumbled back a step. “Jace--?”

“Huh’isshoo!”

Clary’s jaw dropped, hurt melting into surprise. She’d never heard Jace sneeze before. She hadn’t even known he was capable. “Hey, are you--”

“I’m fine,” he bit out, hand clamping around her elbow. “It’s nothing. Come on.” He began dragging her along, and not very gently.

She wriggled free of his grasp and glared in the general direction of him. “You can’t just tow me along like I’m some piece of baggage!” she fired out. “Just because you sneezed doesn’t give you the right to be an asshat.”

“Who me?” He put on a tone of mock-innocence. “I’m always nice. That’s why you love me. My unwavering kindness, my rapier wit, and my stunning good-looks. Stop me if I’m wrong.”

“You’re wrong,” Clary said casually. “You’re really not all that attractive.”

“Compared to who?” he scoffed. “Because, if you start comparing me to the vampire, I think I might have to throw up. Clearly, I am superior to him in every manner possible.”

Clary had to laugh. It had been a while since Jace had joked with her, and it felt good. She didn’t even want to punch him--much.

“All right, we’re here. Sit.”

She sat, and felt something warm and smooth beneath her. A blanket.

“Good girl,” he said, and patted her head.

She yanked off the blindfold and whacked his hand away. “I’m not a dog! Start behaving or I’ll…” Her voice trailed off when she saw he wasn’t listening to her.

He was staring off into the distance, eyes glossy golden moons, his beautiful full lips parted ever-so-slightly. She watched, captivated, as he rocked forward with an unsuccessfully contained sneeze. “Heh’isshhiuh!” With his blond head bowed, the moonlight sent fluid silver streaks through his tousled waves. When he glanced up, his face was delicately flushed, his expression…satisfied.

He arched a brow when he caught her gawping. “I told you I was irresistible. You can’t even look away from me.”

“Wh--what? N-no, that’s not--I mean, I wasn’t…I just…”

A sly smirk slid across his mouth. “It’s amazing, the brilliant things you say sometimes. You could really give a man a complex, you know?”

She sent him a scowl. “Did you bring me out here just to exercise your twisted sense of humor, or is there an actual reason?”

He pretended to be hurt. “What, being in my company isn’t excitement enough for you?”

“Jace.”

His teasing expression faded into sobriety. “Yes, Clarissa. There’s a reason.” He leaned in as though about to kiss her, and she parted her lips in thrilled anticipation.

But he turned away at the last minute, and scooped something off the ground just beside her. “I make a mean peanut butter sandwich,” he said. “Did I ever tell you that?”

She grinned like an idiot. “I may have heard something along those lines before.”

“What, you’re telling me you tasted one of my sandwiches and don’t even remember? That seems highly unlikely.”

“Well, it’s true.” It was her turn to smirk.

He only shook his head and laughed. He handed her a plate, and she took it, settling it on her lap. Next, he handed her a juice-box, both brows cocked.

Her grin widened until she thought her cheeks would crack. The first time she and Jace had been on anything resembling a date, he’d made her peanut-butter sandwiches and provided apple-juice, which she remembered had made his lips sweet and sticky when they’d shared their first kiss. It was also the first time she knew she loved him.

“Huhh…”

Clary glanced up to see Jace struggling with another sneeze, his brow crinkling in obvious annoyance. He twisted his head away, hands braced on his knees.

“Hah’Nsshhtieew! Heh…ESSHhhihh!” His neck muscles tensed for one more spraying “Hep’Chishhahh!” before relaxing. He swiveled back around, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand and breathing heavily.

Trying to erase the mesmerized look from her face, Clary squeaked, “Bless you! Are you--I mean, why are you sneezing?”

He blinked at her. “Would you like a written report on the origins of sneezing?” he quipped, blatantly annoyed by his vulnerability.

She placed a hand on his knee. “I just want to make sure you’re okay,” she said truthfully.

His expression softened.

“Well, are you?” she probed gently.

He shrugged, face pale and drawn, like he hadn’t been getting much sleep, if any at all. “I don’t want to lie to you, Clary,” he whispered.

“Then don’t.” She scooted closer and he wrapped an arm around her as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

He sighed hoarsely, regretfully. “I’ve felt…different…since it happened,” he admitted softly.

Clary’s heart clenched. She knew what he meant. Since he’d been stabbed through the heart by the man who’d raised him, who’d called him son; since Clary had made a deal with an angel to get his life back.

“Tell me,” she said, looping her arms around his waist.

“Not much to tell. I just feel…like a part of me is missing, like how I felt before I met you.”

That both hurt and made her incredibly, disgustingly happy--she ached for him, for how he felt, but she loved that he, well, loved her.

She placed her palm over his heart. “It’ll take time for you to heal. It won’t always be like this, Jace.”

“Why are you being so understanding?” he asked, his lips moving against her forehead. “I don’t deserve it.”

“Yes,” she said firmly. “You do.”

His body stiffened, and for a moment she thought she’d angered him, but then his breath hitched and he turned his face into his opposite shoulder, muffling yet more sneezes. “ISHHU! Huh’AAESshhuu!” With a liquid sniffle, he rested his cheek atop her head of red curls.

“I didn’t know Shadowhunters could get colds,” she murmured, rubbing her hand up and down his back.

“They can’t,” he replied, then lifted his head to cough.

When he caught his breath, Clary said, “You sound pretty sick to me.”

“It’s an act,” he said. “I’m trying to gain attention. It’s part of my whole angst-ridden teenager ploy. I’m surprised you fell for it.” That said, his chest expanded with a burst of air and he released another, even messier sounding sneeze into the crook of his arm. “Ipt’Ntshhuu’uh!”

“Sure,” Clary snickered. “It’s all an act.”

--------

Edited by Scion

Definitely wonderful. You write Jace much better than I do :lol: Yay for Mortal Instruments totally winning with all the pairings represented. I do love Jace as well. He just gets plenty of attention in the actual books, whereas with Alec and Magnus a scene comes once every never. I hope you've read City of Fallen Angels because I died at the end.

ANYWAY. Brilliant.

And poor sick Jace :P Of all people to get sick, he's gonna have trouble keeping up the facade and such.

Definitely wonderful. You write Jace much better than I do :lol: Yay for Mortal Instruments totally winning with all the pairings represented. I do love Jace as well. He just gets plenty of attention in the actual books, whereas with Alec and Magnus a scene comes once every never. I hope you've read City of Fallen Angels because I died at the end.

ANYWAY. Brilliant.

And poor sick Jace :P Of all people to get sick, he's gonna have trouble keeping up the facade and such.

Haha, I haven't read it, actually, but I've read all the spoilers! And now that I know what happens, I think I'm going to force myself to wait until the next two books come out, because...I'll be freaking out, worrying over Jace! About what happens at the end. No. Just. No. A certain character needs to die and stay that way! And you're right! Alec and Magnus could do with some more scenes! They're so good together!

Edited by Scion

You read this series too? Omg. I love jace. Like with a passion but all my friends are like "what?!?" they're all how can you like jace? And yes we are q bunch of dorks who read all the same books. One of us buys a book and then passes it around to the rest of us. Kinda sad really. But what is this just random or a whole new story? Cause I dont know. If so I have to go check for an ending on your other story. But great job! I loved it!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please! Don't shout at me lol xxx

I've never heard of this, but this sounds SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACE IS SOO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bleh::bleh::hug::woot2::yes::woot1::laugh:

ApplePieLife: I meant to thank you before! It is really hard to write Jace! I must respect Cassie Clare now! She's a genius. ;)

sneezytwilight: Thank you! That means a lot to me! B)

Tassielli: YES! This is my favorite series! I can't believe you read it too! The question is: how can you NOT like Jace? Really. And that's not sad! I wish my friends liked the same books I do. Actually, none of my friends even actually read, so...yeah. It's random, but...I might keep writing in it. And thank you!

Aprilcot: Haha, I won't kill you! But you should read this! It's reaaaaaaaaally good! And thank you! I think also that you're the first person to ever call Jace 'sweet,' hahaha.

OKAY, SO: Same as before, only the "human shadow" character is totally mine. :) Oh, and Simon is Clary's good friend and a vampire. He's only been a vampire since the seconf book in the series, and he and Jace do NOT like each other.

------

“KILL IT ALREADY!” Jace shouted. “What are you trying to do, mate with the thing!?”

Simon took the time to glare at Jace before raising his bow, taking aim, and letting loose with one of his arrows. It sailed through the air and met its mark, slicing through the demon’s heart.

All three of the demon’s mouths gaped wide, serrated yellow teeth caked with black blood. With a final gurgling gasp, the demon poofed out of existence, returning back to its place of origin.

Jace scoffed. “It’s about time! I thought for sure you two had formed some sort of strange, twisted bond and were at any moment about to jump each other.” He pretended to shiver. “Though I’m glad you didn’t, since if you had I’d probably be dead now from sheer disgust.”

“Har, har. Your wit astounds me,” Simon said dryly, flashing his fangs at the Shadowhunter.

“As do your even more astounding demon-killing skills. Really, I think that last kill of yours could be a record: the longest amount of time it took to finish a fight that should have been over before it began.”

Simon gave a faux look of concern. “That must have taken a lot out of your pea-sized brain. You should probably sit down before you fall.”

“If anyone’s--” Jace stopped abruptly, and Simon raised a brow at him. The Shadowhunter’s gaze had grown distant, and his brow was furrowed as if in confusion. His head tipped back and his hand came up to curl around his nose. A sharp breath, then: “Huh’jshtt!”

Simon stared, then started to laugh. “What was that supposed to be?” he snickered.

“What, you can’t figure it out?” Jace snapped, clamping his fist just under his nose, which was a pale pink. “Uh’Idsstchieew!”

About to laugh some more, Simon almost didn’t notice the second demon; the thing was a shadow--literally. It rose up from the pavement, looming just behind the Shadowhunter, its incorporeal form shimmering and pulsing with beads of bright white light.

Instead of looking shocked, Jace merely grinned, a sly, cocky grin that made Simon want to deck him. “What’s wrong, Vampire?” he taunted. “Afraid of your own shadow?”

And that’s when Simon decided what the hell--if Jace wanted to get himself killed, why should he care? Oh, right. Clary. Sighing, he lifted his bow, notched an arrow, and was prepared to fire it off--but Jace held up a hand.

“You might not want to do that,” he said.

“And why not?” Simon shot back.

As if in answer, the shadow suddenly seemed to spread, becoming a light mist dusting the air. Then, in an instant, the mist thickened, became liquid, and then solid, formed the body of what appeared to be a human male of about seventeen. The guy had the whitest skin Simon had ever seen, literally the color of milk, and eyes so black they appeared empty, two deep craters in his skull, menacing and ugly…kinda like how Simon felt.

“Hello,” said the human shadow, smiling in a disturbingly friendly manner. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before,” he continued.

Simon stabbed a glare at Jace. “And why exactly wouldn’t I want to shoot this guy?”

Jace arched a brow. “You want to kill someone for being annoying?”

Sighing, Simon said, “You’re right. That’s your forte.”

“What can I say? I’m ruthless.”

“And a cocky, pain-in-the-ass bastard.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Jace shrugged. “I’m a real bastard, all right. The man I thought was my father sliced open my mother’s lifeless corpse and tore out my unborn-self just so he could use me as a science experiment. If that doesn’t say bastard I don’t know what does.”

Anger flashed through Simon like Isabelle’s whip. “Is that how you respect your mother? By reducing her to a lifeless corpse?”

“Well, it’s what she is, isn’t it!?” Jace challenged, temper sparking in his eyes.

“You make me sick!” Simon exclaimed, disgusted. What Clary saw in this asshole, he’d never know.

“I MAKE MYSELF SICK!” Jace screamed, slamming a fist into his open palm. He gasped, then started coughing, dry scrapes of sound scratching up his throat. He braced his hands on his knees, shoulders heaving. The fit lasted for at least two minutes before finally subsiding.

Simon watched, vaguely stunned, as Jace slumped onto his ass in the middle of the street and buried a frenzy of sneezes into his arms, which were crossed above his drawn-up knees. “Heh’ISHHUH! Tchishht! Huh’tCHH! Hhh…Hih!…NsshCHff!” He sniffed slurpily, and lifted his puffy eyes to Simon.

“I didn’t--”

“Don’t say it,” Jace warned. “Yes, I can sneeze. God is really Santa Clause, and I’m not really a monster. Now can we move on?”

Simon was momentarily at a loss for words. This was a new and interesting Jace…one he could almost not despise. Almost.

“Move on from what?” Simon said, playing along.

“This Vampire-infested alley, for one,” Jace muttered, rising slowly to his feet. Strange. Jace was never slow. He was liquid grace. At least, he usually was. Now he was solid as a block of wood and about as graceful as a hippo wearing a pair of rollerblades. As he drew closer, Simon noticed that the Shadowhunter was gray as stone and trembling all over, but his mouth was set in a determined line.

“Stare at me any longer and I might start to think you’re in love with me,” Jace said, voice oddly hollow.

Simon looked away, wondering what could possibly have gotten into the guy.

For a while, neither of them said anything. They walked in silence. Then the human shadow broke the tension-slick quiet.

“I’m hungry,” he said cheerfully. “Who wants pizza?”

------

Definitely still enjoying this. But you should seriously read the latest book, because I'm pretty sure Jace and Simon did some legit bonding while Jace was being mopey. Many random gay comments centering around Simon. It was entertaining. Sneezy Jace = win, also, the way you write it :)

I can't decide. Alright I already gave you an extrememly long comment on your dribbles so keep it short. Poor jace! I'm lame. Have you read the hunger games?

Hm...I think maybe I should check out this series. Never heard of it before. I really like this story though, interesting stuff!

Scion - Wow...fanfiction this time! I'm not familiar AT ALL with this, but I already love how it's coming along!

Write more soon, please! :bleh:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Omg I haven't read the last book but this is amazing. Sick jace, love it. But seriously though, no ofence meant to any Jace fans but I'm with Simon, what does Clary see in that mopey and sarcastic (but seriously HOT) shadow hunter?? Lol. Please continue, I've been waiting for a really good Mortal Instruments fic. :)