Sneeze Fetish Forum

Winchester Sickness

Zwee

Hi guys! This is more or less the first story I've ever posted here! I'm excited! The fandom (if you didn't catch from the title and description) is Supernatural. More Supernatural.

Oh, and I don't own the boys, if you were wondering.

Here goes...

Sam Winchester poked his head around the door frame to his brother’s bedroom, his eyes big. He looked at Dean’s sleeping form, watching the rise and fall of his chest, but he could hear something broken in his breathing, something that kept catching in his lungs. Dean coughed roughly, stirring and opening his eyes.

“Sam?” he croaked, rubbing his fever-bright eyes in the darkness.

“Yeah?” Sam replied timidly, taking a small step forward so that he was actually standing in the room.

“Can you make me some soup?”

“I- I don’t know how.” Sam said, his voice tiny.

“You just open the can and pour it into a pot, then turn on the burner and cook it until the soup gets hot. Hetchoo!

“D-dean, I can’t!” Sam choked, his eyes filling with tears. “I’m sowwy!”

“It’s easy, Sam. Please?” Dean probably wouldn’t have pleaded with his brother if he wasn’t so sick, but if Dean wasn’t so sick, he wouldn’t have needed the soup in the first place.

“Okay. I’ll t-try.” Sam sniffled, padding over to the cupboard to get the can. Dean listened to the sound of his brother’s small feet maneuvering the kitchen.

“What number Dean?”

“I don’t know…Try it on low. Etchoo!!

“Dean!” Sam sounded panicked, and he rushed back into the bedroom. “Is your heart still beating?”

“What? Yeah, of course, Sammy. You know that’s just a myth, right?”

“Nuh-uh, it’s the troof. Mikey told me that his cousin Jimmy sneezed and died because his heart stopped beating!” His eyes were wide as he stared up at his brother.

Hetshuhh! Well, Mikey is a liar.” Dean said, sneezing again into his cupped hands.

“Yeah. You must be right, ‘cause you’re older. Plus you know a lotta things that Mikey doesn’t know ‘cause you’re my big brother and you’re the smartest brother in the whole wide world.” Sam nodded his head matter-of-factly.

“That’s right!” Dean chuckled, before sniffing the air. “Sam, the soup is going to burn.”

“Oh yeah!” Sam’s eyes grew big again and he rushed out of the bedroom once more. He pulled a chair up to the stove so he could see the soup. It was gently simmering, the steam wafting from it gently blurring the lines of the kitchen into smooth curves. The soup spattered all over when he tried to pour it, but enough landed in the bowl for him to take to his brother. He appeared in the doorway again, clutching a steaming bowl in his small hands.

Hetchh-uh! Thanks Sammy.” Dean blew his nose, reaching for the bowl.

“Careful, it’s hot.” Sam said, imitating what his father had told them when he had pulled a dish out of the oven a few nights previously.

Dean sipped the soup noisily, the spoon scraping the bottom of the bowl in no time.

“Did you get some, Sammy?”

“No. But it’s okay; I eated a tiger this morning.”

“Sammy, Tiger’s Milk bars aren’t the same as eating a whole tiger, you know. And it’s not enough to eat during the day.”

“Yeah it is! It’s the ‘zact same as a tiger! Besides, I’m not hungry.”

“Okay. Wake me up if you want something later.” Dean pushed himself down beneath the covers of the bed, shivering a bit and closing his eyes.

“No! Don’t go to sleep! I’ll be all alone!” Sam’s eyes filled with tears again.

Hesshh! Sam, there’s a bed right there for you to sleep in. You won’t be alone, I’m right here.”

“I’m scared, Dean.” Sam’s voice was small.

Dean sighed, feeling the puppy eyes boring in to him even though his eyes were closed. “Fine,” he scooted over. “You can sleep here, but only for tonight. You need to learn to be tough, right?”

Sam couldn’t stop smiling. “Thank you Dean! I love you!”

“You heard what I said about being tough, right? Het’CHHshh!

“Bless you, Dean.” Dean’s little brother slipped in to bed beside him, nuzzling into the pillow and falling asleep in moments.

Dean woke up coughing. When he had finished, he glanced at the clock. 9:18 A.M. Sam was still fast asleep beside him, his small arm thrown over Dean and his little head pressed against Dean’s chest. As he watched, Sam rubbed his eyes and opened them sleepily.

“Dean?”

“Morning Sammy.”

“You all better now?”

“No, it takes a while.”

“Oh.” Sam looked downcast. He brightened suddenly. “I have something for you!” He slipped out of the bed immediately, not looking remotely sleepy anymore. He returned a moment later holding a bag of cough drops.

“They’re the yummy kind, not the icky cherry ones! These ones taste like berries and honey!”

“Where did you get these, Sammy?”

“I asked Daddy to get them for you before he left!” Sam grinned.

“Thanks!” Dean unwrapped a lozenge and popped it into his mouth, smiling at the taste. “They are the good kind.”

Kissh!” Sam looked bewildered at the sudden sneeze and rubbed his nose.

“Gesundheit. Sammy, are you okay? You’re not feeling sick at all, right?”

“No, I feel fine!” Sam insisted, before sneezing again. “Kisshh! Ishoo!

“You’re not getting sick, right?” Dean asked again.

“I’m not, Dean! I promise!” Sam rubbed his nose once more for good measure, before climbing into bed beside his brother again.

“Sam, it’s not even night anymore.”

“I know, but I wanna watch TV.” Sam turned on the television to cartoons. Dean dozed off after a while, only waking to the sound of Sam coughing hours later.

“Dean? My froat hurts.”

“Aw, Sammy. Here,” Dean handed his baby brother a cough drop.

Ikissh! Hitssch! I’m sowwy, Dean.”

“For what?”

“Well, now I’m sick and you hafta take care of me, like you always do. Don’t you ever get tired of it?”

“No! You don’t know what you’re talking about, Sammy.” Dean said dismissively, ignoring the place deep down where the truth of Sam’s words struck him, and tucking the blankets more securely around his brother. Dean regretted letting Sam sleep with him while he was sick, but, knowing his brother, Sam would have most likely started crying if he hadn’t. He felt his brother’s forehead, alarmed when it emanated heat.

“Sammy, try to get some sleep, okay? If you start to feel really bad, tell me.”

“Okay Dean. Sowwy.”

“Shh, just go to sleep.”

An hour later, Dean climbed out of bed and wandered into the kitchen. He found Sam’s mess of soup from the night before and began to clean it up. He finished and set a kettle on to boil when he heard Sam coughing in the next room.

“You okay, Sammy?”

“I’m okay.” Sam croaked, shivering.

“I’m making you some tea, alright?”

“Fanks. Dean, do you think Daddy ever gets tired of taking care of us?”

“No, of course not, Sam! We’re his kids, and he can do lots of stuff at once, even taking care of us while he’s saving the world.”

“Does he really save the world?”

“Yeah, he really does.”

Dean returned with the tea, a cup for each of them, and bundled under the covers once more, making sure his brother was sitting up so he could sip the drink properly.

“Dean?”

“Yeah? Here, stir it.”

“When’s Daddy gonna be home?”

“I don’t know, Sammy. He might be back tonight.”

“Really?”

“Maybe.”

“I hope he is! Kissh! Heh’kissh!

“Bless you, Sammy. Here, blow your nose, kiddo.”

Sam did as he was told, finishing his tea soon after, and then settling down beneath the covers. He fell asleep in a tight ball, breathing out of his mouth. Dean drifted off a short while after his brother.

John Winchester crept into the house, trying not to wake his sons. He had hurried back after the hunt, wanting to make sure they were alright. Dean had been sick when he left, his fever only just coming down after a vicious spike up to 102.6 degrees. He heard soft snores echoing from the boys’ bedroom and he poked his head in, frowning slightly when he saw Sammy fast asleep in Dean’s bed as well. He walked over, placing a hand on Dean’s forehead. The boy stirred.

“Dad?”

“Shh… Your fever seems to have broken, that’s good, Dean. How do you feel?”

“Good. But, Sammy—“

John brushed the hair away from his youngest’s face, coming in contact with his feverish forehead. John cursed under his breath, cupping the little one under his chin and feeling his cheeks and head once more. Sam rubbed his eyes and opened them, aiming a sneeze away from his father and brother and toward the ground.

“Kissh!”

“Bless you, Sammy. How do you feel?” John asked, peering into his little one’s bright eyes.

“Daddy? Dean, Daddy’s home, just like you said!”

“That’s right, I’m home.” John smiled at his sons. “Alright, Sammy, I want to check your temperature. I’ll be right back. Dean, will you help me?”

“Sure, Dad!” Dean was out of the bed in a second, eager to assist the father that he looked up to so much.

A few minutes later, Dean was making more tea while John was trying to get Sam to let him put the thermometer in his ear.

“No, Daddy! Please don’t put it in my ear!” Sam wailed, his face crumpled.

“Sam, there’s nothing wrong with the thermometer. All it does is check your temperature.”

Sam started to cry, tears sliding down his hot cheeks. “Dean!” He cried, coughing into his tiny fist.

“Dad, he doesn’t like the ear kind.” Dean was beside his brother in an instant. “It’s okay, Sammy, we’ll use the mouth thermometer.”

Sam sniffled pathetically, and Dean grabbed a tissue, wiping his brother’s eyes and nose. “Fanks, Deand.”

John shook his head, watching the older one take care of his brother. He seemed to know all of Sammy’s preferences, as Sam knew Dean’s. He remembered the way Sam had shaken his head at the cough drops John had selected earlier in the week for Dean, saying, “Dean only eats the yummy kind,” and snagging the expensive, berry-flavored ones from the hook.

“Dean?” Sam whispered as Dean placed the thermometer in his mouth.

“You’re not supposed to talk, Sammy. Just leave it in your mouth.”

“But I…”

“Shh, just wait for a minute.”

“Dean, I—Kisshh!! Heh’kishoo!” Sam sneezed, the thermometer falling out.

“Aw, Sammy. Can you keep it in your mouth for one minute?”

“I bited my tongue.” Sam’s eyes began to fill once again, but Dean quickly backtracked.

“That’s okay, Sam. Blow your nose, now.”

Sam did so, and Dean asked him if he was about to sneeze three times to firm shakings of Sam’s head before he placed the thermometer back underneath Sam’s tongue. As soon as it was under, however, Sam withdrew it quickly, hitching.

Kissh!

Dean sighed. “Sam…”

“I’m sowwy!”

“Okay, we’re gonna try it again, alright? Can you wait through a whole minute this time?”

Sam nodded emphatically, opening his mouth.

This time, Sam was able to sit patiently until the minute was up, and Dean took the stick from underneath his tongue, handing it to his father.

“102.5? Sammy, we need to get you to bed.” John said, the worry apparent in his voice.

“I’m in bed, Daddy. I wanna play go fish!”

“With a fever that high, what you need to do right now is sleep, okay?”

“But…”

“Do what he says, Sammy.” Dean said solemnly, brushing his baby brother’s hair away from his face.

“Okay.” Sam’s lower lip protruded slightly, but he settled down beneath the covers of Dean’s bed. His eyes remained bright and open, however.

“Sam, you need sleep.” Dean said.

“I’m not sleepy.” Sam said, shivering. “I’m code.”

“Dean, could you get the blankets off of Sam’s bed for me, please?”

“Sure, Dad.” Dean flopped Sam’s blankets on top of his own.

“You can sleep in my bed tonight, Dean.” John said, tucking the blankets around his younger son’s shivering body with gentle care. “Sleep, Sammy, okay? You’ll feel better in the morning.”

“But what about the monster?”

“There’s no monster, and if there was, I would be here to protect you, right?”

“Yeah. But when you’re not here, then Dean is here to protect me. Because he’s the bestest brother in the whole world.” Sam said, eyes wide.

“Okay, now go to sleep, tiger.” John said affectionately.

“But if I go to sleep, will you make sure that Dean is okay?”

“Of course I will, Sammy. Close your eyes.” Sam did so, his breathing deep and slightly rattling. John closed the door quietly, stepping back to face his older son.

“Okay, it’s time for you get some sleep too, Dean. We want you to get your strength back after being sick, right?”

“Right, Dad.” Dean slipped between the sheets of his father’s bed, sniffling.

“Hey, Dean?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for taking care of your brother.”

“You’re welcome, Dad.”

About an hour after they had both drifted off, they were awoken by the sound of quiet coughing in the doorway.

“Dean? Daddy? Kissh!

“Sammy? What are you doing up?” Dean sat up, pulling the covers back.

“Dean, I’m scared! There’s a monster in my room.” Sam dissolved into coughing once more.

“Sam? Dean? What’s going on?” John’s voice rumbled from the bed.

“Sammy’s up, Dad.” Dean knelt beside his brother, feeling his forehead. He was very hot under Dean’s cool touch. John was there a moment later, scooping the youngest boy up into his arms.

“Please don’t make me go back to that bed, Daddy!” Sam cried, tears beginning to fall.

“Okay. Okay, Sammy, you don’t have to sleep there tonight.”

Heh’kissh! Kissh! Itssch! Daddy, it’s so scary!”

“It’s okay, Sam. Calm down. You can sleep with me tonight, okay?”

“Okay,” Sam hiccupped, trying to take deep breaths. “Fanks, Daddy.” He rubbed his eyes, sniffling. John laid the feverish boy down on the bed, making sure Dean was tucked in before sliding in himself. His arm stretched over the pillows, feeling the heat of his two sons next to him. He felt a rush of affection for his boys, and he smiled slightly at the ceiling, closing his eyes. Soon, all three Winchesters were fast asleep.

Ooh. Okay, so it's not my best work, but I thought it was rather cute. Tell me what you think. :woot0:

Definitely the most adorable Winchester fic I've ever read :cry: For whatever reason, I find it easier to picture Sammy as a kid then Dean...I wonder why that is :woot0: Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it :upsidedwnsmiley:

Definitely the most adorable Winchester fic I've ever read :) For whatever reason, I find it easier to picture Sammy as a kid then Dean...I wonder why that is :innocent: Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it :bleh:

Ditto! I loved this!

Definitely the most adorable Winchester fic I've ever read For whatever reason, I find it easier to picture Sammy as a kid then Dean...I wonder why that is Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it

Thanks! Actually, it was harder for me to write Dean than it was Sam. I guess his character just doesn't give off a sense of vulnerability very often... or something?

I love weechester sick fics.

I love them too! And I've discovered how much fun it is to write them...

I love it!!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed.

Awwwww.... Dean! He's just so adorably big-brother like. And poor wee Sam.

I love the big-brother qualities Dean has! And it makes writing sic-fics of them so much more fun! :)

QUOTE (ichixshiro14 @ Mar 8 2011, 01:47 AM)

Definitely the most adorable Winchester fic I've ever read For whatever reason, I find it easier to picture Sammy as a kid then Dean...I wonder why that is Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it

Ditto! I loved this!

Thanks! I was nervous, but I'm glad so many people liked it!

This is SO cute...I'm glad you decided to post it!!!

Thanks! I'm glad I decided to post it too!

Well, now that I've boosted my bravery, this isn't the last you guys will hear of me. Prepare for more writing in the near future...

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! This is sooo cute!!! I want to cuddle wee!Sam and wee!Dean!! Love thier interaction and caring and cuddling and being the awesomest brothers in the whole universe! :wub: Thank you so much for this - I already read it - and then came back to read it again... and again... and again... and again...7

No, I'm not a stalker - just addicted :)

Aww, this is really, REALLY adorable

Thank you! :P Coming from one of the queens of Supernatural fics, this means a lot!

OMG!!! This is sooo cute!!! I want to cuddle wee!Sam and wee!Dean!! Love thier interaction and caring and cuddling and being the awesomest brothers in the whole universe! Thank you so much for this - I already read it - and then came back to read it again... and again... and again... and again...7

No, I'm not a stalker - just addicted

Aww, thank you! I did the exact same thing! But it was out of nervousness... :heart:

• 3 years later...

Awww. That is indeed one of the cutest supernatural fics I've read. Just imagining Sammy as a little toddler saying "Pwease" and "fank you". Is enough to make even a heart of stone melt.

• 1 month later...

This is the most adorable, innocent, cutest thing I have every read on these two! Im in tears :cryhappy: