Sneeze Fetish Forum

Visual novel "Day One"

haeeshoo

Hello all,

After a few weeks of intensive drawing, recording, programming, postprocessing and testing, we - a loosely knit team of SFF members - are proud to present our first visual novel: "Day One".

What's so special about Day One?

* It's the result of several SFF members cooperating over the net, each one in his/her own specialty.

* It's available for windows, mac and linux users.

* It's full of pictures, graphics, animations, sounds, and music.

* It has some menu choices which let you influence how the story continues.

* And of course it features a (un)reasonable amount of sneezing ;)

The fruits of our hard labour are made available to all of you for free.

If you feel guilty for getting so much goodness for free (you should :)),

I'd like to encourage you to make a donation to your favourite charity (including, but not limited to, this forum e.g. :-) )

Feel free to react in this thread with your remarks or constructive criticisms.

Please do not bother individual contributors privately to ask for more material.There's plenty to be found here or elsewhere already.

And last but not least: Enjoy!

(Download links and explanations provided at the end of this announcement)

All materials used in this visual novel are used completely legally, thanks to many people all over the net who distributed their material under liberal creative commons licenses. All resources are credited in the credits section which appear at the end of the visual novel.

All material that was newly created for this visual novel is made available under the creative commons BY-NC-SA license. The BY-NC-SA license permits you to:

* Share -- to copy, distribute and transmit the work

* Remix -- to adapt the work

Under the following restrictions:

* Attribution -- You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

* Noncommercial -- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

* Share Alike -- If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

On behalf of the whole team:

Blah-San for the story,

Spoider for the artwork and the main menu page,

Silent Sophie for the female sneezes,

High on Lullabies for the male sneezes,

An anonymous contributor for more male sneezes,

Numerous other people who contributed materials on the net, and

Haeeshoo for project management, background picture selection, audio postprocessing, game programming, packaging, licensing and announcing.

Please direct your complaints to haeeshoo - and the kudos to the rest of the team :boom:

Download links:

windows users wishing to install via setup.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmmjjlzmwog/setup.exe (84.2 MB)

windows users wishing to manually extract from a .zip file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjzz0mkk4j2/DayOne-win32.zip (86.25 MB)

mac users:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yum5om5y5nh/DayOne-mac.zip (89.38 MB)

linux users:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bi32bdccyox/...nux-x86.tar.bz2 (85.32 MB)

Installation Instructions

For most people installing the game will be self-explaining.

Some may need to read the instructions detailed here.

Instructions for Windows users (if you don't know what you use, you most likely use this)

* Windows users have two choices: either they download setup.exe, and run it. After that, Day One should appear in your start menu and you are ready to rock'n roll.

* Alternatively, they can get the DayOne-win32.zip file. This file should be unzipped manually, and then in the extracted folder, double-click "DayOne.exe"

* Note that I have not much experience with Windows myself - but my test team assured me that it works...

Instructions for linux users

* Linux users should download the .tar.bz2 file. They can extract it at the shell using the command "tar xvjf DayOne-linux-x86.tar.bz2". After that they can run the "DayOne.sh" script.

Instructions for Mac users

* I have no experience with Mac at all. I just heard from my testing team that it works :cryhappy: Get the zip file, unzip it, and then find the application inside. If you cannot get it to work, post it here and we'll find someone who can help you out.

Ahh, you guys really did a fantastic job with this! :yes: Thank you so much!

ahhhh :drool: wonderful what you did here

cute story, nice drawings and cute sneezes! :yes:

WELL DONE ALL OF YOU! :D

*sends round of hugs to all people who made this possible* you guys (and galls of course) are awesome. :lol:

Beautifully done. Eclair's design and sneezes were adorable. I'd love to see more in the future.

That some amazing art there! You should consider releasing the just the art separately alongside the game. It's so good it really deserves it.

Kudos to everyone involved!

Wow, that was AMAZING!! I downloaded it several days ago and only just got around to watching it, and man, it is incredible. You guys all did such a fantastic job! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! ;)

That some amazing art there! You should consider releasing the just the art separately alongside the game. It's so good it really deserves it.

The art is available in the game directory (game/resources/...).

The creative commons license grants you the right to use it in your own productions,

as long as you don't ask money for it, and you properly attribute the original author.

Best regards,

Haeeshoo.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who's responded so far. Your kind remarks are much appreciated.

For the statistics freaks amongst you, until now the novel has been downloaded 104 times:

4 times for linux

19 times for mac

81 times for windows (30 times as a zip file, and 51 times as a setup.exe)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW you guys... I only just stumbled across this now, and I had to add my bit in here. This was truly incredible, and likely the greates collaborative effort the forum has ever seen. Certainly one of it's greatest acheivements to date. A huge thanks to all of you, everything was top-notch, from the art to the sneezes to the story to the background and music selection and the effects (I know it's just a really small detail, but I have to say I thought one of the coolest things was the movement of the "the end" when the story was over). It's things like this that make me really proud to be a part of this place - awesomely done everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

More Kudos from another latecomer...thank you so much Haeeshoo for letting me know about this and all of your work on the project.

Spoider - you have ridiculous art skills, you made Eclair look perfect for her part - adorable but very awkward at the same time. Great personality for the other characters too.

Silent Sophie - I haven't seen if you have other "work" available elsewhere, but thanks so much for your contribution here.

Blah-Sahn - cute story, I like your little bits of *almost* groaner humor

HoL - way to be even more famous than you already were :(

• 2 years later...